Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

are you arrogant? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    I am telling the truth, that i am deemed to be articulate by most in the firm that I work in. This makes me feel proud. Is pride some kind of inherent wrong?

I understand twenty-somethings thoroughly, and I know that most couldn't give a hoot about issues like the ones I mentioned earlier.
    What firm DO you work in exactly? What do you do? I'm glad you feel proud, that's great, but I'm telling you, as a 19 year old surrounded in University by other 18-20 year old and older people, your achievements are at best mediocre from what you have described. Maybe it's just me and maybe I have high expectations but you've not a lot to brag about. I don't give a hoot what interests or not that doesn't define you as better or more of an intellectual than anyone else I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by play_fetch)
    What firm DO you work in exactly? What do you do? I'm glad you feel proud, that's great, but I'm telling you, as a 19 year old surrounded in University by other 18-20 year old and older people, your achievements are at best mediocre from what you have described. Maybe it's just me and maybe I have high expectations but you've not a lot to brag about. I don't give a hoot what interests or not that doesn't define you as better or more of an intellectual than anyone else I know.
    I work in a national university, what do you do?

I help design systems that protect people's lives and property, what do you do?

Oh, you go to university, and surround yourself with teenagers.

By the by, confidence doesn't just come from achievements. I know that I am a great guy, and I am proud of what I am. Are you?

ReputationRep:
    You know what I do.

I study computer science. In my spare time I continue programming, build websites and computers in my spare time for money and sometimes just to help out like when I designed a database system for my county's Police force. Amongst numerous other things but I don't think it's that important. Oh and before I went to University and had to quit my job, I sold people computers, and fixed them in a retail outlet.

Yeah I go to University. Nothing wrong with wanting a higher level of knowledge and the opportunity to get a job that will be challenging but also fun and rewarding.

Yes, I'm proud of who I am. Why, does this surprise you?

ReputationRep:
    You know what I do.
    Do I?
    I study computer science. In my spare time I continue programming, build websites and computers in my spare time for money and sometimes just to help out like when I designed a database system for my county's Police force. Amongst numerous other things but I don't think it's that important. Oh and before I went to University and had to quit my job, I sold people computers, and fixed them in a retail outlet.

Yeah I go to University. Nothing wrong with wanting a higher level of knowledge and the opportunity to get a job that will be challenging but also fun and rewarding.

Yes, I'm proud of who I am. Why, does this surprise you?
    lol... when did I state there is something wrong with this?

You asked me a question, so I asked you one in kind.

ReputationRep:
    Like Bloc Party said 'I have been wicked and I have been arrogant'

ReputationRep:
    Do I?

lol... when did I state there is something wrong with this?

You asked me a question, so I asked you one in kind.
    Yes, By stating that I go to University, I think it is pretty obvious you know what I do? 'Oh, you go to university, and surround yourself with teenagers.' as you put it, in quite a derogatory fashion, which is what leads me to believe you think there might be something wrong with this?

You asked me questions in a very strange manor, as though I couldn't possibly respond with anything better than what you had typed before. 'What do you do'? What is that?!

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Yes, By stating that I go to University, I think it is pretty obvious you know what I do? 'Oh, you go to university, and surround yourself with teenagers.' as you put it, in quite a derogatory fashion, which is what leads me to believe you think there might be something wrong with this?

You asked me questions in a very strange manor, as though I couldn't possibly respond with anything better than what you had typed before. 'What do you do'? What is that?!
    I don't know what you do, since I do not know you.

ReputationRep:
    I am confident in what I do. I can justify that confidence. However someone who doesn't know me or what I'm capable of will ultimately think I'm just arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    I just love myself. Some people might call that arrogance.
    I dont see why people deem that such a bad thing.
    I'm happy with how intelligent I am, how I look, the way I interact with people, my life in general really.
    Before you start moaning at how I'm sooooooo up my own arse, would you rather be like me or the thousands of whiners on this forum moaning about some aspect that they hate about themselves, or about their miserable lives.
    I'd rather just be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirky743)
    In my opinion there is a major flaw in your argument OP.

Being smarter in somebody does NOT make you better than them. You might be amazingly clever and have a brilliant grasp of the english language (hmm) but that does not make you better than someone who is not as intellectual as you.

=D
    OK, so in essence you are saying that intelligence means little? Please expand on this belief, since few in society ever can.

I would state the opposite standpoint. Man's defining characteristic is intelligence. It is intelligence that drives life forward. It may not determine a person's total character, but neither does looks, religion, social class, etc. The only people in life who don't care about advancement or progress are lazy, layabout chavs. Whether that signifies most in the UK, well I don't know all sixty million or so of my fellow citizens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hogo)
    I minute this guy posts a thread saying he's mental (yes, actually claiming disability), now he wants to apply for PM.

Faaaaak off.
    I acknowledge I have a problem. Doesn't this denote healthy problem recognition and solving skills, and hence is a good quality? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what you do, since I do not know you.

Since I just told you twice in the last two posts, I am going to assume that either it just hasn't sunk in yet, or you think I am lying?

ReputationRep:
    Since I just told you twice in the last two posts, I am going to assume that either it just hasn't sunk in yet, or you think I am lying?
    It shouldn't rationally bother me if you are lying.

ReputationRep:
    I work in a national university, what do you do?

I help design systems that protect people's lives and property, what do you do?

Oh, you go to university, and surround yourself with teenagers.

By the by, confidence doesn't just come from achievements. I know that I am a great guy, and I am proud of what I am. Are you?
    Patronising and arrogant. Impressive.

But not in a good way. Remember everyone's human, just like you. By all means be proud of yourself, but don't project yourself on such a pedestal above all society because the likelihood is that you aren't that great and you'll just look like a douche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    More narcissistic than conventionally 'arrogant'. Although, that being said, I tend not to take myself too seriously.

You mean 'victims at'.
    haha yeah, that's what i meant. the OP is just a run at the mill student with an awful grasp of english grammar.

OP, you have an awful grasp of the english language. your confidence arrogance is massively misplaced. if i gave you a quid, would you do us all a favour and go buy yourself a clue? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Patronising and arrogant. Impressive.

But not in a good way. Remember everyone's human, just like you. By all means be proud of yourself, but don't project yourself on such a pedestal above all society because the likelihood is that you aren't that great and you'll just look like a douche.
    Where did I patronise? I seldom patronise others.

Why is arrogance deemed an unattractive trait?

I know, in my own heart, that I am more learned that most other people I know. My level of English is by far the best amongst my peer group (including the Senior Manager of my department at work, who is years older than I am), and I have ethically more decent than most others in my age group (well, getting ethics from twenty-somethings is like getting blood from a stone.:yep: )

I am fully proud of my strengths, so does this denote being "arrogant"?

Is it just that loser people possess envy at me, since they wish they could exude my confidence and self-assuredness?

I worry about the English aptitudes of others in your peer group then.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    I just love myself. Some people might call that arrogance.
    I dont see why people deem that such a bad thing.
    I'm happy with how intelligent I am, how I look, the way I interact with people, my life in general really.
    Before you start moaning at how I'm sooooooo up my own arse, would you rather be like me or the thousands of whiners on this forum moaning about some aspect that they hate about themselves, or about their miserable lives.
    I'd rather just be happy.
    see, she gets it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think a bit of arrogance on the inside is a healthy thing. Its what I rely on for most of my motivation and optimism anyway.

Why shouldnt you be proud of who you are? You've spent your whole life working on it.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.