Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Why is arrogance deemed an unattractive trait?

I know, in my own heart, that I am more learned that most other people I know. My level of English is by far the best amongst my peer group (including the Senior Manager of my department at work, who is years older than I am), and I have ethically more decent than most others in my age group (well, getting ethics from twenty-somethings is like getting blood from a stone.:yep: )

I am fully proud of my strengths, so does this denote being "arrogant"?

Is it just that loser people possess envy at me, since they wish they could exude my confidence and self-assuredness?
    DOES NOT COMPUTE

ReputationRep:
    please state how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    Even people like you deserve some source of happiness I guess?
    People like me? I'm generally quite decent and always have been. Have you? Are most younger people? lol.

:facepalm: I love how you consider yourself an intellectual when everything you post proves your intellect is completely lacking in every regard (if you make false claims that I'm insulting you when I'm quite clearly not, I will no longer refrain from insulting you). I never said cruelty or anthing like that would go away, in fact I myself stated the exact opposite. If you could actually read, you'd realise that the following, and nothing but the following is what I have actually said: Negative qualities in society will always be there in some way. However that does mean we should sit back and accept that. By refusing to tolerate negative qualities, we can reduce and limit the presence of these negative qualities in society. You seem to think that because they will always be there, negative qualities should have no effort channeled into dealing with them. That's just stupid. Think how much worse arrogance/hatred/cruelty would be if they were tolerated as you suggest. And you have NO case with which to disagree with that statement my little pseudo-intellectual. End of. Feel free to reply with whatever illogical tripe you have- your inability to comprehend even primary school level reasoning amuses me.
    lol...

Some things in life we do accept.

ReputationRep:
    Defind kind. Most people in the world are not kind.

What overly kind things have you done today?
    Hmm... no answer to this question, eh?

I think you're lying or have a warped conception.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh God. Sorry to revive this thread after a week but it's just too hilarious to watch everyone bang their heads against a brick wall and still not get through to the guy.

lol...

Some things in life we do accept.
    Oh dear...

Hmm... no answer to this question, eh?

I think you're lying or have a warped conception.
    Plenty of people in the world are kind, and even if kindness isn't a universal trait, that doesn't mean we shouldn't all try to exhibit some level of it. I do my share of decent acts, e.g. I donated to the Haiti appeal, I let people in when I'm in slow moving traffic, I hold doors open, I try to be helpful when asked questions - the list goes on, for me and most people.

ReputationRep:
    Why is arrogance deemed an unattractive trait?

I know, in my own heart, that I am more learned that most other people I know. My level of English is by far the best amongst my peer group (including the Senior Manager of my department at work, who is years older than I am), and I have ethically more decent than most others in my age group (well, getting ethics from twenty-somethings is like getting blood from a stone.:yep: )

I am fully proud of my strengths, so does this denote being "arrogant"?

Is it just that loser people possess envy at me, since they wish they could exude my confidence and self-assuredness?
    I think it denotes a person who is delusional about their own strengths and needs to wake up to reality.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.