Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's an interesting concept...thirty minutes sleep every four hours. I intend to trial this out once my exams finish. Supposedly, it conditions the body muh better than sleeping monophasic (greater concentration, increased productivity, etc)

Has anyone else attempted this?

If so, any pointers/tips?

ReputationRep:
    I read a bit about it on here: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...yphasic-sleep/

Never tried it myself though!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's a brilliant blog. In fact, it's where I got the idea from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverDreaming)
    Yeah that's a brilliant blog. In fact, it's where I got the idea from.
    haha, weird, eh?

I might give it a go, actually. Just need to figure out times when I don't have lectures :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, only with school instead of uni. According to that blog, it's very tough to recover if you miss one of your scheduled naps. It would be pretty hard to keep up given the structured schedule... but the benefits sound so good.

ReputationRep:
    i am deffo giving that a try come summer!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ah man I wish I could sleep like that...but unfortunately I'm currently have difficulty not being nocturnal...so think I'd fail miserably, I work and study at home so have the right sort of lifestyle to make it work :yep:

ReputationRep:
    why would i want to be awake in the early hours of the morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumorousGent.)
    why would i want to be awake in the early hours of the morning?
    This. I've ****** up my sleeping pattern. I got up just before 6. All my friends are in bed, nothing is happening, everything's closed, it's still dark... horrible time of day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    This. I've ****** up my sleeping pattern. I got up just before 6. All my friends are in bed, nothing is happening, everything's closed, it's still dark... horrible time of day.
    Tell me about it, woke up at 4.55AM, went for a run, had breakfast. Now I'm stuck with what to do. Hitting the gym later, but not until 1ish!

ReputationRep:
    Everything is closed on Sunday mornings...even in London

ReputationRep:
    I know. Well im not in London Central. More like Ealing but hey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverDreaming)
    It's an interesting concept...thirty minutes sleep every four hours. I intend to trial this out once my exams finish. Supposedly, it conditions the body muh better than sleeping monophasic (greater concentration, increased productivity, etc)

Has anyone else attempted this?

If so, any pointers/tips?
    surely if your only going through REM sleep and your missing out the over stages, this is bad for you?
    In stage 4 or slow wave sleep, growth hormone is secreted. If you skip this stage altogether then surely thats going to present some problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    Tell me about it, woke up at 4.55AM, went for a run, had breakfast. Now I'm stuck with what to do. Hitting the gym later, but not until 1ish!
    Are you kidding me? The early hours are the best as you have them all to yourself.. I wake up at 3:45 on work days to have an hour before I go to work, and that's the best hour of the day.. nothing to do, no one to bother you. Just yourself and whatever you want to do: reading, in my case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    Are you kidding me? The early hours are the best as you have them all to yourself.. I wake up at 3:45 on work days to have an hour before I go to work, and that's the best hour of the day.. nothing to do, no one to bother you. Just yourself and whatever you want to do: reading, in my case.
    It's OK. For a bit. After 2 hours I start to get irritant and need to get out and do something!

ReputationRep:
    Thing is...I cant always just lie down and go to sleep- so I may well end up missing a few naps.

Also, this way of life seems governed by your sleeping pattern =/ not good..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.