Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would it be possible? I’ve got no experience but am very interested in learning, and considered applying for accounting via UCAS last year, but was put off because of my lack of experience and the fact I needed to write a computing based PS to get into what I thought was the "best" degree, the degree I wanted.

I thought I'd never get the grades for accounting either (swear there were stories of that being like Law to get into!), but on the course info page it says “standard entry requirements apply for this course”. I met standard entry requirements to get into the computing course at the same uni…

So I’m thinking it would be an internal transfer? I’m going to speak to them in the week, the problem is I am/was registered with this uni on the computing course up until the other day. I’ve been thrown off my existing course for not going to an exam.

I know that doesn't look great, and had I known - I thought I'd be allowed to keep studying and retake in the summer, but I had to go and fail to be allowed that option apparently :confused: :rolleyes: - I'd have obviously gone to the exam and did anything, but I certainly would’ve failed anyway (partly illness, partly hating the course so wasn’t motivated enough and had no practice with the software) so had that along with other reasons for not going - not enough to reinstate me on the course I was on (I don't want that anyway, hated it), but enough to hopefully convince them that when those reasons are rectified I’d be there all the time (as I was for the most of the first semester) and I’m willing to put the effort in and learn, so wondering if it’s possible to get onto a degree with no experience? I don’t know what the differences between college/6th form and uni are, but my 6th form didn’t even offer it. At first I thought no chance, but then people seem to have got onto the degree I was on with little experience, but obviously each degree is different and so it might be easier to go into Computing with a lack of knowledge than into Accounting....

Sorry for the long post :p: Suddenly realised how long it is (and how late it is!)
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.