Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm in my first year at uni and I feel really guilty all the time. Basically I moved into this flat and got on with everyone except this one girl. One night we were having a really good time and I got really loud (it was about 1.30 am) and she stormed in saying I woke her up and she hated this flat etc. we talked about it in the morning and she apologised and I did too, I felt really bad for waking her up then the same day she left saying her bf was splitting up with her but she never came back- later she said she was homesick and was dropping out.

I always feel like it was my fault, that if I wasn't so loud she might not have left. I've talked to her since then and she says it wasn't anything to do with me but I still feel guilty about the whole thing. I don't know what to do, it's really getting me down I'm very sensitive when it comes to things like this and I worry alot about it. Does anyone have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I highly doubt it's your fault. If she left university because you were too loud then she obviously wasn't going to last long enough to complete her whole course anyway. Don't feel so guilty, she obviously has issues.

I know, u r rite, its probably just me being over sensitive, its just nice to hear sum1 else's opinion on it thanks for ur reply.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it just sounds like she was upset because of her boyfriend splitting up with her and the fact she was homesick obviously played a big part in her dropping out. I completely doubt it has anything to do with you being loud one night. I can understand you are feeling guilty but don't worry about it, you're acting a bit paranoid about the whole thing. Seriously, don't let it get you down.

Yeh now that I think about it, it is just me being paranoid lol ^^;; I get too worked up over stuff like this :P thanks for the reply
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That wouldn't have made her leave uni, it sounds like she had a lot of things going on that were bothering her.

(Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
    That wouldn't have made her leave uni, it sounds like she had a lot of things going on that were bothering her.
    Yes you are most likely right, I just get really worried about these sorts of things sometimes, I worry over silly little things! Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    I think it was actually the other way round: That she didn't leave because you were too loud, but that she was so upset about you being loud/waking her up because there were already so many other things bothering her and that was like the straw that broke the camel's back ...
    Don't worry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.