Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuluLawless)

Are you sure about the "advanced standing" or "fast track" procedure? Is it generally possible or only at certain schools?
    Yo my fellow German!! I got admitted to King's College! See u in London!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    awesome! kudos!

ReputationRep:
    German uni's have zero international reputation because they all kind of suck, go to UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    German uni's have zero international reputation because they all kind of suck, go to UCL
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I know this thread is 2 years old, but THAT statement annoys me to an extent that I have to reply.

Germany does not have as many great universities as the US or the UK, but it can easily compete with ANY other country on this planet. Heidelberg, FU Berlin, Mannheim, Tübingen, Göttingen, Münster etc. are held in high regard.

Specifically, Heidelberg is ranked within the TOP 100 universities globally by every major ranking (normally between 50th and 60th) and always among the 20 best in Europe; it is a member of the League of European Research Universities and the Coimbra Group. For Law QS ranks four German universities within the Top 50 globally.

Heidelberg may not be able to compete with UCL in some subjects (but may well do it in other subjects!), but how can you be that ignorant to claim German universities have zero international reputation?! That just proves that you have very little knowledge on the education systems of other countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    I know this thread is 2 years old, but THAT statement annoys me to an extent that I have to reply.

Germany does not have as many great universities as the US or the UK, but it can easily compete with ANY other country on this planet. Heidelberg, FU Berlin, Mannheim, Tübingen, Göttingen, Münster etc. are held in high regard.

Specifically, Heidelberg is ranked within the TOP 100 universities globally by every major ranking (normally between 50th and 60th) and always among the 20 best in Europe; it is a member of the League of European Research Universities and the Coimbra Group. For Law QS ranks four German universities within the Top 50 globally.

Heidelberg may not be able to compete with UCL in some subjects (but may well do it in other subjects!), but how can you be that ignorant to claim German universities have zero international reputation?! That just proves that you have very little knowledge on the education systems of other countries.
    Yeah this is 2 years old go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Yeah this is 2 years old go away.
    I don't care. Why? Because you tell me? You uttered a highly unqualified opinion based on very little knowledge and I clarified the issue. Germany is a great country to study and I'd find it sad if people would get discouraged by your unqualified post.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.