Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do you think is the most hated nationality?? watch

• View Poll Results: which is the most hated nationality??
    English
    31.16%
    irish
    10.39%
    german
    22.85%
    french
    35.61%

ReputationRep:
    Germany of course we British French and Americans maybe Russians should stick together against those hitler lovers

ReputationRep:
    I think the English get a bad rep, undeservedly IMO. I know one cannot generalise an entire nationality, but out of those four I have also found the French to be the most rude. I went there for four weeks and only had one person be polite to me there. I don't find the Welsh very accomodating either. The Irish were okay, and I loved my experience of Germany. America I found very nice, and bucks all those clichés, but I don't agree with their Government. It also seems a bit backwards when it comes to a few things, mainly based upon religion.

(Original post by blue_shift86)
    I agree - the french are douchebags. They are so up their own arses they wont talk to a british person in english because "we are in france and should know the language". Bigoted attitudes like that piss me off - we're tourists ffs!
    You're just stupid, tourists in London are expected to speak English, what's the difference?

(Original post by TheMiestero)
    Germany of course we British French and Americans maybe Russians should stick together against those hitler lovers
    Are you insane? You'd be sold 20 times before you noticed.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you guys...English 38% :no:

And yah I think Russians should defo be on that list :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    You're just stupid, tourists in London are expected to speak English, what's the difference?
    Because English is the Lingua "Franca" :hand:

If a Japanese person visited France they would speak in English, not French or Japanese, this is how it is Frenchies, get used to it.:plz2:

(Original post by Joy Division)
    Because English is the Lingua "Franca" :hand:

If a Japanese person visited France they would speak in English, not French or Japanese, this is how it is Frenchies, get used to it.:plz2:
    The usage of that term in that context is quite ironic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxy402)
    No! thats just what you think(still pissed about partition are we??? )........anyway the indian accents are very annoying but that still doesn't make the world detest them....Generally i think people are pretty pissed off with Israelis(why am i not suprised???).
    I have come across many people who are pissed at Israelis so I am not surprised either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    The usage of that term in that context is quite ironic...
    hence quotation marks :yes:

ReputationRep:
    German.

Because most of the ones I've met have been patronising and arrogant, even when being nice.

Edit: They do have dam fine women though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    German.

Because most of the ones I've met have been patronising and arrogant, even when being nice.

Edit: They do have dam fine women though
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    1. Israel
    2. America
    3. Pakistan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    I agree - the french are douchebags. They are so up their own arses they wont talk to a british person in english because "we are in france and should know the language". Bigoted attitudes like that piss me off - we're tourists ffs!
    I've found the opposite tbh, the moment you try and practice French on them, they switch to English. I like them

ReputationRep:
    Eastern Europeans - Thieving *******s I tell thee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoody555)
    Americans. Well, more specifically Alabama. The whole state should be paved over and turned into a giant car park. Preferably with its inhabitants buried under the concrete.

The rest of America is fine.
    What is wrong with Alabama? :confused:

And, OP that is a weird poll you have...

ReputationRep:
    Quite suprised Somalians haven't been mentioned... Not even Africans want to be associated with them; you're either African or Somalian. Ouch!

ReputationRep:
    English
    Israelis - Americans
    Germans
    Russians
    French
    Irish

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate any nationality. Hate is too strong a word to use.

ReputationRep:
    Most people from other countries refer to English people as British.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.