Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do you think is the most hated nationality?? watch

• View Poll Results: which is the most hated nationality??
    English
    31.16%
    irish
    10.39%
    german
    22.85%
    french
    35.61%

ReputationRep:
    I'd say America should be on that list. Out those I'd say that Germany is the most hated (not by me, I've liked 99% of Germans I've met) due to their history.

(Original post by Ramanda)
    I've lived in Norway, Italy and England, and I don't understand why the English would be hated at all.. If any, there's a lot of **** about the russians, the french, the germans and muslim-countries like Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan.
    Weird poll you have thur.
    Anyway, I don't hate any country really.. Not too big of a fan of the US, but I dont hate them.
    I currently live in Norway, but am English. Norwegians have given me free stuff just because I'm English; about 2 weeks ago I went to Narvesen and ordered a belgian waffel, the girl asked me if I was English and said I could it for free. Happened before as well with a back of 'Treets'. It's funny. Conversely they seem to utterly despise Russians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luvandlife)
    I would've thought it was the Americans. But what's surprising is that 99.9% of us don't really care.
    I agree with both of these statements. :p:

I even thought this before I opened the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoody555)
    Americans. Well, more specifically Alabama. The whole state should be paved over and turned into a giant car park. Preferably with its inhabitants buried under the concrete.

The rest of America is fine.

Here here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAURA459)
    Most people from other countries refer to British people as English.
    Fixd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Fixed
    It can be either way. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stalag_7)
    Quite suprised Somalians haven't been mentioned... Not even Africans want to be associated with them; you're either African or Somalian. Ouch!
    WHY???:eek3:

loooool Somalis are mix of Arabs and Africans and therefore don't want to be associated with both

In all honesty, USA and Isreal should definitely be on that list.

ReputationRep:
    Most people from other countries refer to English people as British.
    And this pisses me off, coz I'm not english, but I am british!!
    I clicked english...coz I acctually don't like them for many reasons!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    And this pisses me off, coz I'm not english, but I am british!!
    I clicked english...coz I acctually don't like them for many reasons!!
    Hello little Welsh person

It annoys me too.

Why do you not like the English? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If this was a world poll, then America would be top by far.

But from that list, it's English, everyone hates the English! But do we care? Nah! :p:

(Original post by Notker)
    I'd say America should be on that list. Out those I'd say that Germany is the most hated (not by me, I've liked 99% of Germans I've met) due to their history.

I currently live in Norway, but am English. Norwegians have given me free stuff just because I'm English; about 2 weeks ago I went to Narvesen and ordered a belgian waffel, the girl asked me if I was English and said I could it for free. Happened before as well with a back of 'Treets'. It's funny. Conversely they seem to utterly despise Russians.
    I'd say most Europeans do.

ReputationRep:
    I'd put my money on Israeli myself. Then American, Russian and then British.

ReputationRep:
    Hello little Welsh person

It annoys me too.

Why do you not like the English? :confused:
    well maby it's wrong to hate the whole english nationality, but a lot of them goes on my nerves
    1) when it comes down to sport (well hockey anyway), it's the english captains that help decide on GB teams, so us welsh don't get a mention, this pisses me off, coz I know a lot of the welsh girls on my team are way better than the english ones who were chosen!!
    2) Again about hockey, when playing in Loughbrough representing wales with my college against different regions in england, all the reffs were against us, and sent 3 of our players off and disallowed my goal!!!
    3) They think we only speak welsh to insult them - but it;s our first language, and we have the right to speak it!
    4) They think Wales is a part of England
    5) The tourist that comes up here over the summer are just SNOBS!! and think themselves to be much better than you, coz they have a yot!!
    6) The 'english' people at school would refuse to speak welsh to you, it's the language of this bloody country - suppsoe they did end up as loners and got bullied for that though!

I could go ona nd on.....
    but as I say I do like some english people!! but the majority is UCHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxy402)
    No! thats just what you think(still pissed about partition are we??? )........anyway the indian accents are very annoying but that still doesn't make the world detest them....Generally i think people are pretty pissed off with Israelis(why am i not suprised???).
    Partition was one of the greatest things which ever happened to India. Rather, its because of the continued support of terrorism by the Pakistani establishment.

ReputationRep:
    In short i hate somalis

ReputationRep:
    The BNP

I'm gonna say other, I'm thinking American (i.e. USA) or possibly Nigeria, the America of Africa. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Pakistanis and Somalis.

ReputationRep:
    Americans, from the 'deep south'. As everyone is different, its hard to say which we hate most. But looking at the stereotype for each nationality it has to go Americans, then the French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StadtJunky)
    They sure know how to retreat though. :woo:
    Surely you're in no position to judge if you are in fact from the most neutraltastic place on god's green earth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    well maby it's wrong to hate the whole english nationality, but a lot of them goes on my nerves
    1) when it comes down to sport (well hockey anyway), it's the english captains that help decide on GB teams, so us welsh don't get a mention, this pisses me off, coz I know a lot of the welsh girls on my team are way better than the english ones who were chosen!!
    2) Again about hockey, when playing in Loughbrough representing wales with my college against different regions in england, all the reffs were against us, and sent 3 of our players off and disallowed my goal!!!
    3) They think we only speak welsh to insult them - but it;s our first language, and we have the right to speak it!
    4) They think Wales is a part of England
    5) The tourist that comes up here over the summer are just SNOBS!! and think themselves to be much better than you, coz they have a yot!!
    6) The 'english' people at school would refuse to speak welsh to you, it's the language of this bloody country - suppsoe they did end up as loners and got bullied for that though!

I could go ona nd on.....
    but as I say I do like some english people!! but the majority is UCHH
    3) Speaking a language that another cannot understand when you can speak their language is universally considered extremely rude. I can speak Danish and Norwegian but wouldn't dream of doing so when in the company of someone who cannot. When I was at university my main friendship group consisted of three Danes and a Dutch girl, we never once spoke Danish around her; it would have been incredibly rude and exclusionary.

4) The English, for the most part, are well aware that we have nothing to do with the Welsh except geography and a politcal union. Nor would a greater union of the two countries be wanted.

6) Maybe because they speak English better than Welsh? Why would an English person learn Welsh anyway?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.