Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what do you think is the most hated nationality?? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: which is the most hated nationality??
    English
    31.16%
    irish
    10.39%
    german
    22.85%
    french
    35.61%

ReputationRep:
    I'd think the USA is the most hated world-wide, by a long stretch, no idea why you left them off.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, Holland is pretty sweet. 8)

ReputationRep:
    Americans should be on the list fo sho

ReputationRep:
    I probably would have picked an Eastern Nationality, not because I dislike them but because of the general British animosity towards the East these days due to terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    the americans or us

on a national level, the chinese are ***** too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Well, England seems to have the same mentality :erm: Regardless of whether they are tourists or not, many people seem to think that EVERYONE can speak English.
    why shouldnt they?
    ****** grinds my gears going into a shop and the guy talking to me in polish. you're in our country, speak our language.

ReputationRep:
    It would have to be Israel, surely?

ReputationRep:
    the MORDVINS!

so evil, you've never heard of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    why shouldnt they?
    ****** grinds my gears going into a shop and the guy talking to me in polish. you're in our country, speak our language.
    I'm not saying that people shouldn't -- unless of course they are speaking to another person of their mother tongue. Look at how many British people emigrate to Spain and France and don't actually ever bother to learn the language! I just don't think we have room to complain, when we do it in other countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Turks. All of Europe and Arabia hate us.
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    I would say America, I personally do not hate them at all but a lot of other people seem to. Also people seem to be hating on us quite a bit, probably more because of our relationship with America than anything else. After that I would say the French...because they're French. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    Very true.
    Really? Why does everyone hate the turks? I thought they were pretty OK, especially as it was voted best holiday destination 2010..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin_123)
    Really? Why does everyone hate the turks? I thought they were pretty OK, especially as it was voted best holiday destination 2010..
    Not so much in Britain but in central Europe and Scandinavia they immigrate en masse and are responsible for a lot of the crime. Like black people in England I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    Not so much in Britain but in central Europe and Scandinavia they immigrate en masse and are responsible for a lot of the crime. Like black people in England I suppose.
    Well I am Scandinavian and can agree that they do immigrate a lot but I don't really hate them for that.. I blame the government for letting them in..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    well maby it's wrong to hate the whole english nationality, but a lot of them goes on my nerves
    1) when it comes down to sport (well hockey anyway), it's the english captains that help decide on GB teams, so us welsh don't get a mention, this pisses me off, coz I know a lot of the welsh girls on my team are way better than the english ones who were chosen!!
    2) Again about hockey, when playing in Loughbrough representing wales with my college against different regions in england, all the reffs were against us, and sent 3 of our players off and disallowed my goal!!!
    3) They think we only speak welsh to insult them - but it;s our first language, and we have the right to speak it!
    4) They think Wales is a part of England
    5) The tourist that comes up here over the summer are just SNOBS!! and think themselves to be much better than you, coz they have a yot!!
    6) The 'english' people at school would refuse to speak welsh to you, it's the language of this bloody country - suppsoe they did end up as loners and got bullied for that though!

I could go ona nd on.....
    but as I say I do like some english people!! but the majority is UCHH
    Oh come of it, only 20% of the population speak Welsh and its ridiculous that so much public money goes in to all those bilingual signs. Welsh and English hold equal legal status but the main language is English.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone hates Israeli Jews, but then again they all are zionist disgusting terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    3) some people are just paranoid, and I am really sceptical that it happens all that often.

4) I really don't know anyone that does :/. And I know some really thick people.

6) I could understand if someone moved there, to a place where people seldom spoke English, but if we have no intention, then I don't see why we should make an effort to understand it? You said it yourself, you are not a part of England, you are just a neighbouring country. But then that is the same with any country, I moved to Germany, I speak German, there is no relevance in me learning Afrikaans when chances are, I will never be in a position where I will HAVE to speak this language.

6) Maybe they were just nervous or felt embarrassed because their Welsh was not that good? It is not easy moving to a new country, or even to a new school, it is even harder when you don't speak the language. 6 weeks in not a lot, I have been studying Greek for 6 weeks and I cannot even string a sentence together yet. Plus, if you bullied him for struggling with the language, I sincerely doubt you would have been more forgiving if he spoke in really broken Welsh and couldn't get past asking the time or telling you his name and birth date.
    there was a thread on TSR and a lor of people said that wales was a pointless country, welsh was a pointless language and that it was a part of england!!
    I know a lot of the welsh don't speak welsh, but I do, and it's not pointless! I like being Bilingual.
    Plus I DID NOT BULLY anybody!!! just to get that clear, people did get bullied but I was not a part of it!! I understand what you mean with moving, coz I moved highschool and everything in year 10. But the Q was why don't i Like some of the english, and unfortunetly one of the reasons is the lack of them trying to learn welsh, and it frustrates me coz no mater how much i tell people, that I did all my A leves in welsh, I never speak english, they still think that english is the language we speak but it isn't!! Where I live you have one english school and 7 welsh highschools, so most of us do speak welsh, probably out of the 20% that do speak welsh 15% live where I live!

and somebody negged me for being racist?? when one of the first points I did was about the english being racist against the welsh when it comes down to my sport which is hockey :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renner)
    Oh come of it, only 20% of the population speak Welsh and its ridiculous that so much public money goes in to all those bilingual signs. Welsh and English hold equal legal status but the main language is English.
    wel welsh is my main language!! :rolleyes:
    and even though only 20% speak it, it's still 20%....why ignore a language?? then it will only disapear!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    1) when it comes down to sport (well hockey anyway), it's the english captains that help decide on GB teams, so us welsh don't get a mention, this pisses me off, coz I know a lot of the welsh girls on my team are way better than the english ones who were chosen!!
    2) Again about hockey, when playing in Loughbrough representing wales with my college against different regions in england, all the reffs were against us, and sent 3 of our players off and disallowed my goal!!!
    3) They think we only speak welsh to insult them - but it;s our first language, and we have the right to speak it!
    4) They think Wales is a part of England
    5) The tourist that comes up here over the summer are just SNOBS!! and think themselves to be much better than you, coz they have a yot!!
    6) The 'english' people at school would refuse to speak welsh to you, it's the language of this bloody country - suppsoe they did end up as loners and got bullied for that though!

I could go ona nd on.....
    1 - the English captains are probably better informed than you - they're the captains for a reason

2 - You blame typical welsh mining town slum violence and hotheadedness on a bias referee. Don't be silly.

3 - Welsh is a stupid language, there's no reason for you to speak it, and as you are bilingual I can't imagine why you'd speak Welsh in a group which had some non Welsh speaking people in it. It's like taking some people aside without a sorry and whispering in their ears.

4 - It's hardly a republic lol - it's part of Great Britian, which is effectively England with all the knobs on. We govern you, your not an independant country.

5 - Wales is notable for it's bad weather and it's mines. Often poor people assume that rich people are being arrogant, when they are just being confident and normal.

6 - You should speak English. Why would an English person learn Welsh, it's a useless language with no international acclaim. It takes very little skill to learn

You sound like a silly person. Get back in your mine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm living in the Middle East at the moment, and I would have to say that out here it is the Israeli's. Americans and the Brits are only hated because the former support them, and the latter took the land from the Palestinians to give to them.
    But as a general pet hate, I've always hated America, not the people (because they're generally very friendly and a good laugh) but more so the corrupt government.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.