Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever seen your dad cry? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have you ever seen your dad cry?
    No, Never!
    36.71%
    Yes, rarely though
    59.25%
    Yes, on many occasions!
    4.05%

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like this could spark an interesting discussion! So have you ever seen your dad cry? If so, under what circumstances, and how it made you feel!

In case it gets too emotional :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    Never ever seen my Dad cry. Don't even think he would cry if a family member died. I know that he probably would cry inside.
    But in general men up North don't show there emotions.

ReputationRep:
    Only once. That was when my mum kicked him out of the house for a night.

ReputationRep:
    No. I got the impression he was close to it at his mother's funeral though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes, when his dad died.

Never ever ever :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Never...

Wouldn't want to either tbh!

ReputationRep:
    Only once when his dad died

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryDay)
    All the time! My dad cries in the Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, The Railway Children...

... and on a more serious note, at frequent points when my parents were in the process of splitting up, when his dad died, when I went to university...

Basically all the time. I've barely ever seen my mum cry though.
    I wonder who wore the trousers? :p:

I've seen both my parents cry, my mum significantly more frequently than my dad, but then I live with her so that's to be expected.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Properly crying yes and the reasons I'm not going to into :p:

but then he's a big girl's blouse when it comes to movies and things, and cries at anything from We Will Rock You to Titanic.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I remember :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    I can't ever recall him crying - he's a pretty stoic, logical guy and he's fairly detached from his dad and remaining sister. When his eldest sister died in 2003 he didn't cry. When his mum died last year, he didn't cry.

I don't know if he does it to put on a brave face or because he genuinely has no feelings deep enough to warrant crying [I personally think it's the former], but it's long past the point where I would care if I saw my dad crying.

ReputationRep:
    No my dad is a boring *****
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah, he cried when his parents died. He cries at sad films as well. He's a emotional man and not afraid to show his true emotions.

ReputationRep:
    Yes...once, not long before he died. (R.I.P 02/01/2009)

He was in hospital getting treatment and my mum and I went in to visit him. He woke up because he had a nightmare about all these skeletons 'coming for him' and saying things to him, and I think it brought up a lot of fear and bad memories for him but I'm not sure what.

It was really upsetting for me to see as he was quite ill and in a hospital environment which seemed unnatural and he was quite distressed by it. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Once when my grandad died. It was kind of unexpected since he didn't cry when his parents died but when my mum's father died he did. Unless he did it in private. I dunnah.

ReputationRep:
    Fights with my mum, I think when he was saying bye to me at Uni, and once when we watched Dear Frankie...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.