Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever seen your dad cry? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever seen your dad cry?
    No, Never!
    36.71%
    Yes, rarely though
    59.25%
    Yes, on many occasions!
    4.05%

ReputationRep:
    Twice. When he split up with my mum and when his brother (my uncle) passed away.

ReputationRep:
    Last time was when him and my mum split up, that was awkward, seeing your own dad crying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Fights with my mum, I think when he was saying bye to me at Uni, and once when we watched Dear Frankie...
    aww that's nice...I think my dad couldn't wait for me to go away to uni :rolleyes: :o:

ReputationRep:
    My da cried when I got my GCSE results! haha. I had been through a really rough time with illness, and I'd worked hard through it to pass every one of them, I think it was maybe just relief or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bartram)
    Never ever seen my Dad cry. Don't even think he would cry if a family member died. I know that he probably would cry inside.
    But in general men up North don't show there emotions.
    I agree about the northern thing, but I saw my dad cry once - when he was told his mum was dying - and even then he went outside because no-one was supposed to see. It was the scariest and most chilling thing thing ever, seeing my dad cry.

ReputationRep:
    When his dad died

ReputationRep:
    No. I think he never cries. :mute:

Wait, I have. At his father's funeral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    aww that's nice...I think my dad couldn't wait for me to go away to uni :rolleyes: :o:
    Haha ah I'm sure that's not true Where did you move from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggsy's Girl)
    I agree about the northern thing, but I saw my dad cry once - when he was told his mum was dying - and even then he went outside because no-one was supposed to see. It was the scariest and most chilling thing thing ever, seeing my dad cry.
    Yeh, It'd make it worse and make it feel more painful for the people watching. It's more profound.

ReputationRep:
    At my Grandad's funeral.

ReputationRep:
    Only once .... when his mum was dying of cancer

It upset me since I have never seen him cry before

ReputationRep:
    Once, like most people when my grandad (his dad) died.

ReputationRep:
    My dad cries a lot bit only really in front ofme rather than ma mum or sister. It's usually about his mums death and his uncles too. I think more men should openly cry, there's nothing soft about having emotions

ReputationRep:
    A couple of months before he died, clutching my hand, crying like a baby and asking God why won't he let him see his kids grow up. The only time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    A couple of months before he died, clutching my hand, crying like a baby and asking God why won't he let him see his kids grow up. The only time.
    Deep....

ReputationRep:
    The only time i've really seen my dad cry was when we went to see my grandfather in the chapel of rest. He was stroking his face and crying as he said bye. It's the most upsetting thing i've ever seen in my life - I dread the day I have to say bye to my father, i'll never be able to cope.

ReputationRep:
    Never, and that is how it should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Haha ah I'm sure that's not true Where did you move from?
    that would be telling :shh: but somewhere south of Manchester and north of London...I couldn't wait to leave either so the feeling is mutual. :o:

ReputationRep:
    One time came to mind.. I was upset and explained to him why and he burst into tears. Literally probably the only time I can remember seeing him cry. Made me feel very guilty, but yeah, I can understand why he cried.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yes I've seen him cry.

I've seen him cry when I was a kid and I hadn't seen him for a couple of years, and then I did, so he hugged me and cried.

Again when I saw him when I was 17 after not having seen him since I was 11 (Apart from once when I was 14), and he hugged me and cried

I saw him cry when I was 19 when my grandad died - whilst he was in hospital, and at the funeral etc.

I saw him cry a LOT when he was living with me for 2 months during October - December 2008 when him and his wife temporarily separated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.