The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Twice. One out of sadness, when my brother had just moved to Japan. He went around the back of the house so no-one would see him, it was so touching. The other time was out of happiness, when my mum really loved her christmas present and she started crying.
Joy Division
that would be telling :shh: but somewhere south of Manchester and north of London...I couldn't wait to leave either so the feeling is mutual. :o:

Oh right...er...good for you, hope you're having fun? :o:

I went from Manchester to London, and he isn't close to his family so he always made a big effort with us, so that might be why. Or maybe I just made him feel old :dontknow:
Thank you - whoever gave me the hug.
about 3 times in my whole 18 years
it's horrible :sad:
Yes, I think I only recall it once. When he was working nights and was all stressed and tired and such.
When I was acting like a brat 4 years ago, didn't come home until 1am on a school night and he thought I was dead. He hugged me with tears streaming down his face, it hurt so much to see that it was my selfishness and stupidity that caused my father to break down in tears.

Oh yeah he also cried watching the series end of Only Fool and Horses and Frasier :rolleyes:
Reply 46
Once, out of pain. He got stung by a weever fish whilst we were on holiday, he had the sting in his foot for the rest of the time we were there :/
Reply 47
MY dads a wuss. It makes me quite uncomfortable.

Maybe it's because hes a **** father and doesn't care about his own kids but cries over silly things.
Never, my entire family are generally pretty firm possessors of the "stiff upper lip" gene :yep:

I really would not want to, would be too distressing. Seeing my mum cry is horrific enough.
No, never. My Mum cries all the time though :colonhash:
Only once and he was so embarrassed! I'll never understand why men are so afraid to cry.
Reply 51
I saw him cry when my grandma died. It was my mum's mum, but we were all pretty close. Didn't see my mum cry about it, but she was there when it happened so I guess she got it out of her system then.
Yes, but those onions wont chop themselves you know.
Reply 53
I've seen crocodile tears, so to say, when he is watching a sad film or showing respect but I have only ever seen him cry properly once. Strange.
Reply 54
Yes once-and I made him cry because i was being "rebellious" it makes me feel so bad now
Yeah, for many reasons that will not be discussed on a public forum:p:
Reply 56
Once, yes. When I moved to university. I've seen mum cry quite a lot - when her grandma died and when we had to have 3 (at different times) dogs put down.
Reply 57
I can only recall seeing him cry once, and that was at the end of 'Cool Runnings'.

No joke.
only once, when his father died and he saw his brother who he hadn't seen for 15 years at the funeral
In 21 years. Never lol

Latest

Trending

Trending