Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever seen your dad cry? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever seen your dad cry?
    No, Never!
    36.71%
    Yes, rarely though
    59.25%
    Yes, on many occasions!
    4.05%

ReputationRep:
    I've only seen my dad cry properly twice, when my grandma and grandad died.
    My dad is a soppy person from inside, but he never EVER lets anyone see that and use it as a weakness.
    His only weakness lies within his children.
    I've heard he cries sometimes in front of his closest sibling, which is my aunt, she's like a mother to him, so I guess that's understandable.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen him cry properly, only shed a few tears when our cat died suddenly and when our horse had to be put down. Don't ever remember him crying when his mum died or when he and my mum split up, I was quite young though so probably just didn't notice. It would horrible to see him properly cry, he hardly ever shows his emotions.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh, I don't think I ever have. Maybe a handful of times he's been close to it in my entire life, e.g. when family members died, but even then he puts on a brave face. It'd be weird to see my dad cry just because I'm not used to it.

ReputationRep:
    At the news of his Uncles (Chacajis) death, and then at the funeral.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - to the Friends finale.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but only once. I've only seen my mum cry once too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, rarely though.

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't think I have.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, whilst choking violently on a walnut. He has never been the emotional type.

ReputationRep:
    Only when his dad died.

ReputationRep:
    Twice, once when the dog had to be put down (he grew up with them for 15 years), and when my nan died.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've seen my dad cry a few times, perhaps about 3 times maybe- was pretty horrible if you ask me. The only time I can remember vividly though was when he cried literally in my arms when I was about 11

ReputationRep:
    Nope.. not that I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I remember. Only crying from laughter or because he's chopped an onion :p:

Seen my mum cry many times - she's pretty emotional.

People say they can't remember the last time I cried :ta:

ReputationRep:
    yeah one the dog was really ill....I was crying way worse though...he did a manly cry....I was blarting.

ReputationRep:
    Have seen him cry once... on January 12th 2010... broke down. Was his mother's funeral and he, as the oldest child, had to make a speech. Bless him

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to see him first

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, four or five times i think and it made me cry seeing him so upset. But hes been through a lot so i think he's entitled for a bit of a cry once in a while. Were only human after all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.