Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you express your love for your Mother/father? watch

• View Poll Results: Can you express love for your parents?
    I can but I feel shy
    43.10%
    Sometimes and not always
    25.86%
    Only to my parents and not anyone else
    5.17%
    I can freely and I do always
    37.93%

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Neither my mum nor (or?) my dad grew up in a house where they hugged or said 'love you', so I think that's why they brought us up doing it.

My brother's adorable, the most unselfconscious 11 year old I know. Still bellows LOVE YOU! at my mum at the window when he leaves for school everyday, still gives me massive hugs in front of his friends, and whenever he's hanging up the phone or saying goodbye/night to someone, he does a big girly kissy MWAH! sound, which is odd because no one else does it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by methyl benzene)
    Same thing with me.But why does this happen???:confused:My siblings aren't shy at all!!!
    Don't know. I've always been shy and quiet, so I suppose I've just never grown out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Only if she says it first - e.g. she says "I love you", I say "I love you too." I'm too shy to say it on my own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Don't know. I've always been shy and quiet, so I suppose I've just never grown out of it.
    I know I can but then I know I can't......

ReputationRep:
    I've never been brought up in a family that tells each other that we love them, as a result I never say it to my parents and they rarely say it to me. It would feel wierd to say it now, I'm sure it goes without saying anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ('',))
    I just tell them I love them...
    same
    I try to do this as much as possible, because you never know what's around the corner, and i don't want to have any regrets regarding them knowing how i feel about them.

ReputationRep:
    I can with my dad, not so much with my mum.

I'm a Daddy's girl and I get on better with him, with my mum it's just awkward. I love her, I just can't say it.

ReputationRep:
    Verbally no, not at all.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that I take after my dad, in that we don't show emotion very well. I can't remember the last time that I told my parents that I loved them. It's weird though, because I can tell my friends it whenever I want, just not my parents. They know that I do, I just can't say it. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i wish i could , i'll prolly regret it when im older and they're not here anymore

ReputationRep:
    I can't show it to either, and I don't really know why...but my mum knows that I'd be in pieces if anything happened to her. Same with my dad, I guess, but I tend to hide it more when it comes to him. :confused: I've had nightmares where my mum's passed away and I literally could not stop crying. :suith:

ReputationRep:
    I tell my Mum i love her all the time. And not a day goes by that i don't hug her or something. She's amazing :love:

My Dad? No. I don't love him.

My brother and i love to hate each other. If i hugged him or told him that i loved him, he'd probably punch me in the face :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well I never used to be able too show my parents love by saying "i love you" and by hugging them etc. But just lately I'm always doing it! Not sure if it's a mixture of me growing up and not feeling so embarrased where as I used too when I was more of a teenager maybe, but ever since my dad had a heart attack 4 years ago I think it deffinitly has hit me that my parents aren't always going to be around. So I guess i kind of appreciate them much more now and therefore show them love. Tbh, i wouldn't want it any other way now, it just feels so right I love my parents to bits!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.