Turn on thread page Beta

More fertile after coming off the pill? watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I have been on the pill for the last 2 years, but I decided to come off it last month, all in consultation with my boyfriend. We decided to use condoms for the time being.

On Tuesday we had sex twice;
    The first time we had sex for a little bit before he put a condom on, he then came inside the condom.

Then an hour or so later (without him peeing in between) we had sex again. This time with no condom and he withdrew just before he came.

Then the next day I ovulated (I can feel it) and I actually think I ovulated twice! One from each ovary…..how likely is it that I am pregnant? I am not sure if my periods will be regular and don’t know when to expect one because it will be my first real menstruation after coming off the pill.

ReputationRep:
    After you come off the pill your fertility goes back to normal. You can get pregnant even if your boyfriend doesn't *** inside you as precum contains sperm. You aren't being very sensible. Go back on the pill or use another form of contraceptive. I know how annoying condoms are I never want to use them! But you need to be safe or you will be sorry! Do you really want to end up pregnant?
    Don't take the risk. xx

ReputationRep:
    Sex Addict !!

My cousin was on the pill for years. She stopped in september on the assumption that it stays in your system for a few more months but not as effective. Her and her boyf are now expecting and she's about 3 months gone.

And yes, it was planned before anyone asks or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Your body doesn't always go back to normal after the pill for a few months. It can take time for your cycles to get back to normal. But it is definitely possible to get pregnant straight after coming off the pill. Although, with just precum, there's a danger, and always a chance, but it's not going to be that a high a chance.

If you don't know when your period is coming, just test about 14 days after you think you ovulated.

ReputationRep:
    YOu can feel yourself ovulating?!!! Wow!! :O

(Original post by spasmos)
    YOu can feel yourself ovulating?!!! Wow!! :O
    When my bf got his ex preggers, she was in denial and he was like "are you sure you're not?" and she replied "I'm sure! I can feel myself coming on"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxannabelle)
    When my bf got his ex preggers, she was in denial and he was like "are you sure you're not?" and she replied "I'm sure! I can feel myself coming on"
    Thats little bit different, often when you are pregnant about 10-14 days after conception you get period like or some sort of cramping, as the baby implants itself into the uterus and your body prepares for its growth.

Some women even get spotting/light bleeding and think it is their period a little bit early when infact it is implantation spotting (some though, not all have it or notice it!)

Its not uncommon to feel ovulation, It used to really annoy me because i get bad cramps but now i see it as a good thing for when i do want to try and concieve very broody

ReputationRep:
    wwwwwww wwwwwwwww wwwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    This is obviously a while ago but my mother told me she got pregnant with me (her first) within 2 or 3 days of coming off the pill. She was on it non-stop for about 6 years before that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.