Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my flatmate is going to byrons or something like that, which looks fab, but their basic cut price starts at £25, with the student discount included!
    i'm not feeling very flush this term so can anyone reccommend me somewhere cheaper which won't give me a horrific haircut please?
    i'm new to lancaster so i haven't got a clue.

ReputationRep:
    There's a hairdresser on the campus (on the Alex Square). A dry cut costs £8 and it's alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    There's a hairdresser on the campus (on the Alex Square). A dry cut costs £8 and it's alright.
    i'm female so will that make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_flowers)
    i'm female so will that make a difference?
    Hm... I think so. But defs less than £25.

ReputationRep:
    The salon on campus has its own website, and apparently for a ladies cut & finish it's £23, which is alright, albeit £3 dearer than where I get mine cut back at home. :shock:

There are cheaper options if you only want a dry cut, or a simple wash & cut (£14, not bad!)

http://www.hishershair.co.uk/about_us.html

Ignoring the strange name, apparently ET's hair is pretty good, it's opposite the St Nicholas Arcade Car Park, and you can book appointments online, which is swell for unsociable hermits like myself. :p:
    http://www.etshair.co.uk/

I was actually thinking about getting my hair cut, mainly because my fringe grows too quickly, and I'm beginning to feel a bit like the Dulux dog. *stares at scissors on shelf* Nah, I'd probably stab myself in the brain or something...

ReputationRep:
    Toni and Guy.
    i know this might sound expensive but its worth it.
    it cost £30 to get your hair cut, but on a monday-wednesday you get a 15% student discount.

also, they have a loyalty scheme which means, after youve been there 6 times you'll get your hair cut completely free!! (this includes ANY toni and guy acroos the county) so you'll save money in the long run.

they do free fringe trims too (if you need it) so it'll be free whichever part of the country your in as they have toni and guys everwhere!!

ReputationRep:
    I went to Matthew Paul a few weeks ago. I got Cut, foils, semi dye all for about £32 when they did their amazing 50% off. They're doing a 25% off everything during week 1 (Monday-Friday) with a purple card. A wet cut/dry will be £15 I think.

I was very pleased with them.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how much it costs, but isnt Supercuts pretty alright in terms of price and outcome?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostbusterbunny)
    I went to Matthew Paul a few weeks ago. I got Cut, foils, semi dye all for about £32 when they did their amazing 50% off. They're doing a 25% off everything during week 1 (Monday-Friday) with a purple card. A wet cut/dry will be £15 I think.

I was very pleased with them.
    aw man 50% off??! gutted i missed out! you sure they are doing 25% off this week? woo shall have to get my lions mane tamed!:yep:

i usually go to jo and cass, its amaaaazing but pretty expensive.. cut + semi colour = £55 (WITH student discount).. they do very good haircut/colours though and have back massaging chairs and do the beeeest head massage!

ReputationRep:
    i go to daniel gray i think its called that near sainsburys. the price varies depending on who cuts it so you could ask for the cheapest stylist. i've had mine done by 3 different people and it's always been ok plus you get 10% student discount

ReputationRep:
    Ashton Studios (http://www.ashtonstudio.net/) in town is really good - £25 for a cut but you get 20% student discount (or at least that's what I get anyway). It's down the side of Starbucks.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.