Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for loans - whens the righ time to do it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I currently have 3 offers from University's and have chosen which one I want to go to. I am waiting for 1 more to reply (KCL).

I want to ask, should I start applying for a loan now? I'm wondering if I should wait till KCL reply and see what they say. I don't really want to go to KCL, but I just want to see what they say.

I have already set up an account with Student Finance but I haven't started filling out the application for 2010 / 2011 entry.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as you can really, you dont have to wait for all offers, it said so on the website, just put in your first choice so the uni your most hopeful to go to, even if you dont have an offer, because the website says "dont wait to be accepted onto a course" as you can always change the uni later on if you need to but atleast your application is in and being processed rather than waiting till later on and having it take longer.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you put your first choice university, you don't have to wait untill you've replied to your offers. If you change your mind you can ring them up, or I think you can change it on the website (not sure about this).

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation and have already applied and been accepted so i'd just do it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insertusername)
    I'm in the same situation and have already applied and been accepted so i'd just do it tbh
    Yeah, don't jump the gun like me though!

I applied for student financed, and thought my household income was more than it actually is so applied for Non-financially assessed. It now turns out I may be entitled to a greater loan and/or grant.

Does anyone know how can I change my online application to Financially Assessed? I have received an Online Declaration Form to sign but I dont want to sign it until I am sure that I can change this.

God, I really wish I hadn't been overexcited. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlietbaker)
    Yeah, don't jump the gun like me though!

I applied for student financed, and thought my household income was more than it actually is so applied for Non-financially assessed. It now turns out I may be entitled to a greater loan and/or grant.

Does anyone know how can I change my online application to Financially Assessed? I have received an Online Declaration Form to sign but I dont want to sign it until I am sure that I can change this.

God, I really wish I hadn't been overexcited. :eek3:
    1. Sign it. It won't affect your entitlement to a grant

2. Get your parents to complete a PFF1 form each and send it to SFE (along with evidence of their income for the correct financial year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASCIIcipher)
    1. Sign it. It won't affect your entitlement to a grant

2. Get your parents to complete a PFF1 form each and send it to SFE (along with evidence of their income for the correct financial year)
    Ahhh, is it as simple as that. They will change my entitlement just by sending that form.

Brill, thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.