The Student Room Group

I went over budget!!

I had my night out it was crap as most the students were back at home and the club were letting scallies in. It was as busy as normal but the they normal stop letting people in at 12:00 as it gets the 1000 max capacity limit. However last night it was still packed but people were being let in much letter so I am guessing they were letting any old riff raff in.

Worst still here is a detailed break down of my actual costs.

1) Bought an aftershock £1.50 (from pub)
2) Bought half a pint £1.08 (from pub)
3) Paid £2 to get in to club
3) Paid £1 for coat room
4) Bought 3 bottles of fosters at £1.20 each

Total cost £9.18

So much for a £5 night out!!

ps I am only moaning in a scrooge way. I am not really this mean! I'm just in a bad mood as the night was crap and I am still having problems with my assignment!
Reply 1
amazingtrade
I had my night out it was crap as most the students were back at home and the club were letting scallies in. It was as busy as normal but the they normal stop letting people in at 12:00 as it gets the 1000 max capacity limit. However last night it was still packed but people were being let in much letter so I am guessing they were letting any old riff raff in.

3) Paid £1 for coat room

Total cost £9.18

ps I am only moaning in a scrooge way. I am not really this mean! I'm just in a bad mood as the night was crap and I am still having problems with my assignment!

Did you pull any birds?
Reply 2
There was a few pegions but no mag pies.

Seriosuly though, I never pull any birds in that club its why I am getting frankly bored of it now! I've told my mate I just want to go clubbing once every two weeks and we will also rotate the clubs.

There loads of places to choose from I don't why we end up in the same place every week!
Reply 3
amazingtrade

3) Paid £1 for coat room

Total cost £9.18

Lets face it, your not gonna have a great night if your budget is £5 including the fee to get into the club! lol
Reply 4
amazingtrade
There was a few pegions but no mag pies.

Seriosuly though, I never pull any birds in that club its why I am getting frankly bored of it now! I've told my mate I just want to go clubbing once every two weeks and we will also rotate the clubs.

There loads of places to choose from I don't why we end up in the same place every week!

Maybe you should save up some money
Reply 5
Maybe you should save up some money

Yes exactly! I'm going out to the bars near me for new years eve so I can just walk back (my mates staying over) thats the next time I'm going out.

Then I won't go clubbing till another two weeks after that so it will be a nice break.

I'm feeling all studenty today, I got up at 10:30 and been doing my assignment all day thats not due in till the 30th of Janaury! I need to get it out the way so I can concentrate on revision though. Also because this is a programming assignment I want to get one of the highest marks on my course.
Reply 6
amazingtrade
this is a programming assignment I want to get one of the highest marks on my course.

Ambitious.

The bugs are hell to sort out. Ive got many a programs where it was so full of bugs tht I just scrapped it
amazingtrade

3) Paid £1 for coat room

Total cost £9.18

If you scrapped the Aftershock, didn't wear a coat and drank only pints in the pub and tap water in the club, you'd have saved £2.86. Still not under £5 but brings you closer.

How about just not drinking alcohol? Or perhaps taking drugs instead? Or going to clubs where it is free to get in?

Mmm...C- for this. Must try harder in future.

a.
Reply 8
Ambitious.

The bugs are hell to sort out. Ive got many a programs where it was so full of bugs tht I just scrapped it

Yeah my C++ assignment I have just handed in was like that however I did much more than what was required for a pass so I should still get a high mark but it won't be anything like the best.

I have all christmas to do this assignment though so I have no excuse to do it badly.

There will be some bugs but if I do manage to a shopping basket that works they will be impressed as we haven't been given any clues on how to do it.
Reply 9
Allotriophagy
If you scrapped the Aftershock, didn't wear a coat and drank only pints in the pub and tap water in the club, you'd have saved £2.86. Still not under £5 but brings you closer.

How about just not drinking alcohol? Or perhaps taking drugs instead? Or going to clubs where it is free to get in?

Mmm...C- for this. Must try harder in future.

a.

It was a saturday night the most expensive night of the week, if it was a monday 5th aveis free to get in, and they give you two free drinks! the drinks after that are 70p each! However on Monday I would also need to get a taxi back as the night buses to my area only run on weekends.
Reply 10
it's so cheap where you are! even the crappiest clubs round me have about a £6.50 entrance fee, then drinks like smirnhoff ices are £4.25 ea!
Reply 11
Its simply because Manchester has no many students and the clubs bend over backwards to attract them.

There is a well known saying that the population of South Manchester halfs when the unis are shut. Its not quite true but you do notice less people around in the summer. Christmas is always packed though.
Reply 12
Ambitious.

thats why you need to write it carefully in the first place.
Reply 13
edders
thats why you need to write it carefully in the first place.

yes, but bugs are bugs, no matter how carefully you script it, there will always be some.
Reply 14
yes, but bugs are bugs, no matter how carefully you script it, there will always be some.

hmm im the kind of person that corrects work as i go along; i dont leave it until ive finished to proof-read.
Reply 15
Some times logic doesn't always work in practice so no matter how well you write your code there will always be bugs.

Some times the bugs happen due to limitations of the programming langauge or technology and it can be quite hard to code round them. C++ is full of them.
Reply 16
Do you have to use C++?
Reply 17
Yep you do on my course. This year we have just done the basic command line stuff (our assignment was to make an a naughts and crosses game) next year we have to do stuff in directx.

I find C++ quite easy as its a very structured lanaguage it makes much more sence to me than VBScript. I think I will prefer PHP to ASP though.
Reply 18
Which course are you doing and what year are you in? Heh, if they're getting you to use DirectX, no cross-platform programs.

Not used ASP myself, but I have used PHP.
Reply 19
I am in the 2nd year studying multimedia and internet technology at Salford. We are also using .NET next year which is cross platform in the same way Java is.

I've got a Java module after christmas.