Turn on thread page Beta

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    That was so sweet! I'm downloading the episode tomorrow, just for that bit.

I really wonder if anyone liked this episode This really was one epic anti-climax... For once, the entire Glee fandom seems to be united in unanimous disappointment
    Yeah, haven't seen ANYONE happy with it, haha!
    I don't think the episode would be so awful if it had been a week after OS. It still would have been anticlimatic but not so much. It's just, they hyped it up and made us wait 5 weeks for that **** and expect us to be happy? Seriously? Total anticlimax! It was so bad I can't even be disappointed!
    (Original post by e hine e)
    I'd love if the MTV guy just did a whole recap of
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the kiss again and how it was ignored.

Why am I still awake?
    :rofl: It was worth it! :rolleyes:
    I don't know why I'm still awake either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    Darren knows?? I bet he has to text himself 'courage' all the time just to get out of his house, knowing how we all feel about him :sexface:
    Or maybe he likes the thought of loads of girls (and guys) simultaneously ravishing him...

That was not meant to sound so dirty!

But LMAO!
    I wonder if he's stumbled onto any RPF (real person fiction) ... THAT would freak me out if I were a celebrity!

I wonder if he's seen this... :lolwut: The things livejournal link you to. I'd never want to leave my house, Ambs, you're right! It must suck to be famous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    Darren knows?? I bet he has to text himself 'courage' all the time just to get out of his house, knowing how we all feel about him :sexface:
    :rofl:

(Original post by dobbys sock)
    This weeks episode was so disappointing. I can't think of anything else to really say about it!
    The gleecap could just be this and it would be pretty accurate.

(Original post by Ambs)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I seriously hope he does - that's the only way we're going to get some Klaine this week!

Yes, why are you? And why am I still awake?? Don't forget I'm in a different timezone - the sun is almost coming up :eek:

Goodnight! :hugs:
    Night :hugs: get to bed!!

(Original post by diamonddust)
    I don't think the episode would be so awful if it had been a week after OS. It still would have been anticlimatic but not so much. It's just, they hyped it up and made us wait 5 weeks for that **** and expect us to be happy? Seriously? Total anticlimax! It was so bad I can't even be disappointed!:rofl: It was worth it! :rolleyes:
    I don't know why I'm still awake either!
    I know it would've been okay but after 5 weeks I'm just WHAT WAS THAT? BiB so true, I just feel numb. Rid of all emotion.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to say, after watching 'the scene' 5 times it's amazing :love:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I actually like Some Kind of Fool.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I actually like Some Kind of Fool.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Me too, and Mike's dance. Just a shame there was no plot around them

ReputationRep:
    Tumblr can make even a stupid episode seem full of goodness

Spoiler:
    Show

I bid you all goodnight
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Now it seems like there was actual couple interaction! Sort of...

goodnight! It was fun watching the ep with you...even if the ep was crap! The threadwasgood!

ReputationRep:
    Well, that was depressingly disappointing... Bring on BTW!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Dear god next week best be 90% Klaine to make up for that..

ReputationRep:
    I've not seen it but I have to tell you guys that given how hyped up you guys were even a good episode would have been a bit dissapointing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I've not seen it but I have to tell you guys that given how hyped up you guys were even a good episode would have been a bit dissapointing
    I know, right?! For once though it wasn't just us, I was looking under 'Glee' on twitter, then there was tumblr and the Glee forum. The 5 week build up made it worse and it probably isn't the worst episode of Glee ever but given the storylines they have to work with at the moment, and the fact there are only 6 episodes of the season left (along with the fact that the last few episodes have been some of the best Glee have ever done in my opinion) it seemed like a weird episode. I still prefer it to Comeback and would take it over the majority of season 1 episodes-it depends on which school of Glee you like. What made it worse was I thought the plot theme would have worked but they didn't really make it feel like a plot to me.

I'll put my other thoughts under spoilers because I know you don't watch them until they air here.

Random musings

Spoiler:
    Show

Things I liked:

Mike's dance, I thought, was one of the best parts of the episode especially with the prop. They should use dance more-and dance in its own right like that performance, not just bopping along to songs.

Emma and Will's interaction-I think it's the first time they've really treated her OCD seriously. In the past it's been played for humour which has annoyed me, when she said about being tired I almost cried because she captured the frustration so well.

I don't think I need to re-express my Klainetana love (everyone already knows I think this should be the Kurt show anyway). I loved the adoring looks Klaine gave each other and the way they sat (and clapped) in the auditorium. Just wish there'd been more :cry: but that's me being greedy.

Thoughts:

I just realised Rachel didn't sing in the whole episode...I know that was probably the point of the episode so I'm a little late but they could've worked that better-it's almost as though they thought 'we'll take what the fandom complain about (Rachel getting all the solos, no Tina etc) and show them how it won't work if we use their suggestions'. They had the opportunity to use other voices in the episode and they didn't really follow through for me.

I thought making Mercedes the 'neglected' one of the episode was weird. She might not get as many solos as Rachel but she has a good part of most group songs-you can always hear her voice, and she's had her fair share of solos. I think they could have used Tina more (why cut her off mid song again?) and even Brittany/Santana singing.

I know Holly Holliday has had a lot of hate since way back in the substitute but I've actually enjoyed her appearances until NoN. The other episodes seemed like she was there as part of the plot, Forget You was good as was Singing in the Rain. Last night just looked like they thought 'ooh Gwyneth's back, we'd better find her a song and give Schue yet more weird love scenes.'

The idea of 'Night of Neglect' seemed to come from nowhere...I have no idea how you would come up with that idea. It did have potential though but when I was watching it just looked like they had a few songs to fit in and they tried tying in way too many individual plots around it...they wanted Lauren/Mercedes interaction (which I liked), Rachel/Mercedes, Will/Schue, Will/Emma-why so much Will?! I thought they'd done well toning his appearances down this season and from what I've seen most of the audience have enjoyed seeing less of him.

That is more than anyone should ever write about/analyse Glee but I feel the need to justify my opinions because I did express my negativity last night...just a little bit.

Also, feel the need to add a warning not to quote if people don't want to see the spoilers because of what happened with Ambs the other day (I don't like having to laugh at people).

ReputationRep:
    Sums last night up

Spoiler:
    Show
    Download of Klaine scenes 2:47 long :rofl

http://www.mediafire.com/?t0z978pn8r3u1y2

You can tell what this hiatus has done to me-if that had aired the week after OS and the Paley fest interview extravaganza I would've been all ''OMG the STOOD NEXT TO EACH OTHER AS BOYFRIENDS, THEY SAT NEXT TO EACH OTHER LIKE A COUPLE AND BLAINE 'KNEW' WHAT THE CHOIR ROOM WAS :woo: :woo: :woo:

Anyway...I probably won't be on here much this week. I'm planning on actually doing stuff.

We'll see if I hold true to that promise when the Darren livestream is on tonight :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I haven't watched it yet (so I'm avoiding your spoliers), but from the premise alone I knew that this ep would suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I haven't watched it yet (so I'm avoiding your spoliers), but from the premise alone I knew that this ep would suck.
    It's grown on me slightly now away from the hyperness that was last night. There were good bits, it's just a shame they were so far apart

ReputationRep:
    I liked last nights epi, songs were a bit weak but
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Will and Emma, squeeeeeeeee. I love them

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the episode would be so awful if it had been a week after OS. It still would have been anticlimatic but not so much. It's just, they hyped it up and made us wait 5 weeks for that **** and expect us to be happy? Seriously? Total anticlimax! It was so bad I can't even be disappointed!
    I agree, it really was the five week wait that made this episode such a fail. OS was so good that we should have realised nothing would ever live up, but still... This episode didn't even seem to try! And now the ridiculous amount of hopes and expectations is placed on BTW... If that episode disappointed as well there'll be a riot.

Or maybe he likes the thought of loads of girls (and guys) simultaneously ravishing him...

That was not meant to sound so dirty!

But LMAO!
    I wonder if he's stumbled onto any RPF (real person fiction) ... THAT would freak me out if I were a celebrity!

I wonder if he's seen this... :lolwut: The things livejournal link you to. I'd never want to leave my house, Ambs, you're right! It must suck to be famous!
    Oh god, I never even heard of RPF - that's disturbing, but hilarious at the same time! And haha, even though that link is pretty creepy it still sums up my feelings for him
    It's his own fault that people are so obsessed with him though. If he would just stop being so awesome we'd leave him alone :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrettyRainbows)
    Well, that was depressingly disappointing... Bring on BTW!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Dear god next week best be 90% Klaine to make up for that..
    I know! And it won't and then I'll be disappointed all over again. I really think that at this point, only a spin-off would do

I know, right?! For once though it wasn't just us, I was looking under 'Glee' on twitter, then there was tumblr and the Glee forum. The 5 week build up made it worse and it probably isn't the worst episode of Glee ever but given the storylines they have to work with at the moment, and the fact there are only 6 episodes of the season left (along with the fact that the last few episodes have been some of the best Glee have ever done in my opinion) it seemed like a weird episode. I still prefer it to Comeback and would take it over the majority of season 1 episodes-it depends on which school of Glee you like. What made it worse was I thought the plot theme would have worked but they didn't really make it feel like a plot to me.

I'll put my other thoughts under spoilers because I know you don't watch them until they air here.

Random musings

Spoiler:
    Show

Things I liked:

Mike's dance, I thought, was one of the best parts of the episode especially with the prop. They should use dance more-and dance in its own right like that performance, not just bopping along to songs.

Emma and Will's interaction-I think it's the first time they've really treated her OCD seriously. In the past it's been played for humour which has annoyed me, when she said about being tired I almost cried because she captured the frustration so well.

I don't think I need to re-express my Klainetana love (everyone already knows I think this should be the Kurt show anyway). I loved the adoring looks Klaine gave each other and the way they sat (and clapped) in the auditorium. Just wish there'd been more :cry: but that's me being greedy.

Thoughts:

I just realised Rachel didn't sing in the whole episode...I know that was probably the point of the episode so I'm a little late but they could've worked that better-it's almost as though they thought 'we'll take what the fandom complain about (Rachel getting all the solos, no Tina etc) and show them how it won't work if we use their suggestions'. They had the opportunity to use other voices in the episode and they didn't really follow through for me.

I thought making Mercedes the 'neglected' one of the episode was weird. She might not get as many solos as Rachel but she has a good part of most group songs-you can always hear her voice, and she's had her fair share of solos. I think they could have used Tina more (why cut her off mid song again?) and even Brittany/Santana singing.

I know Holly Holliday has had a lot of hate since way back in the substitute but I've actually enjoyed her appearances until NoN. The other episodes seemed like she was there as part of the plot, Forget You was good as was Singing in the Rain. Last night just looked like they thought 'ooh Gwyneth's back, we'd better find her a song and give Schue yet more weird love scenes.'

The idea of 'Night of Neglect' seemed to come from nowhere...I have no idea how you would come up with that idea. It did have potential though but when I was watching it just looked like they had a few songs to fit in and they tried tying in way too many individual plots around it...they wanted Lauren/Mercedes interaction (which I liked), Rachel/Mercedes, Will/Schue, Will/Emma-why so much Will?! I thought they'd done well toning his appearances down this season and from what I've seen most of the audience have enjoyed seeing less of him.

That is more than anyone should ever write about/analyse Glee but I feel the need to justify my opinions because I did express my negativity last night...just a little bit.

Also, feel the need to add a warning not to quote if people don't want to see the spoilers because of what happened with Ambs the other day (I don't like having to laugh at people).
    You're evil, woman. Luckily I actually forgot I only read a bit and I have such a terrible memory that I forgot which parts I fantasized and what was actually there :dancing:

In answer to your musings:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mike's dancing was amazing, and I loved how Mike Chang was trending right after the episode - he really deserves that! The prop was great too. His extraordinary dancing actually made that prop seem like a better dancer than I'll ever be

Emma and Will were sweet. When she said something about looking back to your life with nothing but regret at 32 I was all :cry:

Klaine was just disappointing, and they seriously must have known that. They were sitting together and standing up to Karofsky, but they have been doing that ever since Never Been Kissed so it wasn't new. You could seriously watch this episode without having seen OS because nothing changed between them! They knew it was what we all were waiting for and they better make up for it next episode. Hmpf

I also feel that if they really wanted to highlight the neglected artists, they would have given the spotlight to Tina. Mercedes' voice could be used more, but she does get a fair amount of appreciation, especially compared to some other characters.

Holly was just... strange. Shue treats her unfairly; he overhears her saying that she's dating him, yet he gets all anoyed when someone is hitting on her - like it's her fault! And when she sings that song to Shue he's crying as if he understands her point, yet when she says goodbye he doesn't seem to know what's going on. So strange. And on the one hand she is determined to leave him, yet on the other hand she cries and seems disappointed he doesn't even want to fight for her. It really didn't make any sense.

Sory for that I think the title must be refering to the fans, though. Especially Klaine fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    I know! And it won't and then I'll be disappointed all over again. I really think that at this point, only a spin-off would do

You're evil, woman. Luckily I actually forgot I only read a bit and I have such a terrible memory that I forgot which parts I fantasized and what was actually there :dancing:

In answer to your musings:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mike's dancing was amazing, and I loved how Mike Chang was trending right after the episode - he really deserves that! The prop was great too. His extraordinary dancing actually made that prop seem like a better dancer than I'll ever be

Emma and Will were sweet. When she said something about looking back to your life with nothing but regret at 32 I was all :cry:

Klaine was just disappointing, and they seriously must have known that. They were sitting together and standing up to Karofsky, but they have been doing that ever since Never Been Kissed so it wasn't new. You could seriously watch this episode without having seen OS because nothing changed between them! They knew it was what we all were waiting for and they better make up for it next episode. Hmpf

I also feel that if they really wanted to highlight the neglected artists, they would have given the spotlight to Tina. Mercedes' voice could be used more, but she does get a fair amount of appreciation, especially compared to some other characters.

Holly was just... strange. Shue treats her unfairly; he overhears her saying that she's dating him, yet he gets all anoyed when someone is hitting on her - like it's her fault! And when she sings that song to Shue he's crying as if he understands her point, yet when she says goodbye he doesn't seem to know what's going on. So strange. And on the one hand she is determined to leave him, yet on the other hand she cries and seems disappointed he doesn't even want to fight for her. It really didn't make any sense.

Sory for that I think the title must be refering to the fans, though. Especially Klaine fans.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I love dance scenes so I love Mike's scene. He really is a fantastic dancer!
    I seriously can't believe I forgot to mention Emma because when she mentioned she was tired and thought she be better by now I was tearing up and nodding along. Minus the OCD and the nearly 30 thing, I could have been saying that. I teared up really badly when Will was like one day you'll beat this. *sob* I was so glad they finally decided to treat OCD properly. It's not quirky or a source of humour, from the people I know with it, it's debilatating and exhausting. I don't really care about Will and Emma but they sort of have to be together, don't they?

That scene with Holly, Azimo,Becky and Jacob was really weird. Seemed likewise were doing A Very Special Episode.
    I couldn't believe they cut Tina off mid song AGAIN! do they not want her to sing? Mercedes' scenes were ridiculous but I loved her and Lauren together.
    Will and Holly- it irked me that he was blaming her for Dustin hitting on her! She said she was dating Will, what more did he want? And yeah, I thought ge understood what she was saying in the song too! Maybe he was in denial?

After rewatching it loads of times, I love the shove (angry Blaine is hot! ) and Santana was awesome and I loved Blaine telling the ex glee director he was 'a really horrible person' and Kurt shushing him. That was cute. Was it worth staying up for? Hell to the no!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well that was meh.

It wasn't too bad, but not much happened. I wasn't particularly disappointed as I expected it to be quite boring, but I wasn't thrilled either because there was nothing exciting going on. Really shouldn't have followed OS after that long break IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna watch it again tonight, and post my less-hyper thoughts...is it better without the adverts?- anyone whos watched it twice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peas and love)
    I'm gonna watch it again tonight, and post my less-hyper thoughts...is it better without the adverts?- anyone whos watched it twice?
    It is better without the adverts-so much better and I think it's better when you know what to expect out of it. I rewatched it last night and parts of it this morning and I actually enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I actually like that they held off the Kurt/Blaine things for this episode with hindsight because it shows they're just like the other couples-while Mercedes is singing there's a wide shot of the auditorium and everyone's paired up and it's just :love: whenever I watch their 2 minutes together though I just think I wish I was in love :cry:

I thought Santana was amazing in the episode too...I really like her away from Brittany at the moment. I love Mercedes' song too.

I still can't wait for next week :woo: OS on E4 then BTW. What is air?!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.