Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judas_)
    Yeah I think everyone likes it.
    Duly reported.

And, just so you know, I tend to hate Lady Gaga videos so haven't watched it. Or, in fact heard the whole song but...

back on topic. Stalking Darren Criss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hravan)
    They're a person who was temporarily banned so they could do exam revision but has come back to TSR on that new account purely to plug Judas...

:rofl: I find it hilarious that someone would sit and spam a lady gaga video

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e hine e)
    :rofl: I find it hilarious that someone would sit and spam a lady gaga video
    Yeah I know.. :lol:

I mean I do love Lady Gaga but I keep that to the Lady Gaga thread..

Ooo.. look our reporting of the posts worked! :woo:

And now back to Glee!

ReputationRep:
    Let me cost this out...

£25 for the ticket..

£25 return train ticket (advance fares.. If I want a normal return it's £51)

£16 for the room if I do go for the dorm..

£10 for the tube..

£20 for food..

So that adds up as... £96...

Considering that when I went to London for my 17th birthday I spent close to £400 it's not that bad....
    I never make such sensible calculations. I just think 'about £20 for the ticket plus not too much for the hotel = ... affordable!' :awesome: And that's why I'm broke all the time. You forgot the booze though, add another few pounds for that!

Wow, that must have been some epic party! My 17th birthday party involved all my nieces and nephews and a birthday cake :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    I never make such sensible calculations. I just think 'about £20 for the ticket plus not too much for the hotel = ... affordable!' :awesome: And that's why I'm broke all the time. You forgot the booze though, add another few pounds for that!

Wow, that must have been some epic party! My 17th birthday party involved all my nieces and nephews and a birthday cake :sad:
    If I remember correctly.. It was £40 for two nights in the YHA (shared a private room with my 2 friends), £25 return for national express, £18 for the ticket for Lord of the Rings the musical (yes, there was one and I saw it twice! ), £20 for the Spamalot ticket... £10 for two day tube tickets..

And the rest went on food and shopping

OK, say £150 in total to see DCriss with whiskey included....

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I forgot if I do go to London I NEED to see a musical. Looks like I'll be there 2 nights then....

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I forgot if I do go to London I NEED to see a musical. Looks like I'll be there 2 nights then....
    Oh don't say that! Now I'm thinking I should see a musical as well!

ReputationRep:
    Oh don't say that! Now I'm thinking I should see a musical as well!
    I really want to see Wicked or something like that...I'd probably go see something childish like the wizard of oz though (I happen to like Danielle who won that competition to be Dorothy).

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly.. It was £40 for two nights in the YHA (shared a private room with my 2 friends), £25 return for national express, £18 for the ticket for Lord of the Rings the musical (yes, there was one and I saw it twice! ), £20 for the Spamalot ticket... £10 for two day tube tickets..

And the rest went on food and shopping

OK, say £150 in total to see DCriss with whiskey included....
    Oh, that's a lot less extravagant than what I was hoping for There was a Lord of the Rings musical?? :eek3: I'm a LotR freak, just so everyone knows! :woo:

That sounds about correct, yes - we'll have to do quite a few bars before we find him :ninja:

I need to stop talking about this trip as if I'll be a part of it

ReputationRep:
    I really want to see Wicked or something like that...I'd probably go see something childish like the wizard of oz though (I happen to like Danielle who won that competition to be Dorothy).
    I think I'm the only person in this thread who never went to see a musical I'd love to, but I never had the opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    *ahem*

Interrupting this broadcast with a LotR moment. Normal Glee will resume as soon as possible.

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Ambs)
    Oh, that's a lot less extravagant than what I was hoping for There was a Lord of the Rings musical?? :eek3: I'm a LotR freak, just so everyone knows! :woo:
    YAY!!! Another LotR freak! Yep there was.. And it was epic.

Here's an example of one of the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fCnxyyj4lY

(It's been edited a bit, it's not the full song..)

Again, another one that's been edited: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbF88CUeyYQ

(That's Legolas at the beginning..)

It was amazing!

:excited:

And now, returning to Glee...

ReputationRep:
    Now I really want to go see the Lion King musical on the 6th July and travel back on the 7th..

I was supposed to be seeing the lion king musical back in 2008 after seeing the LotR musical for the second time (first time was for my 17th birthday) but there was an emergency at home so we had to get back ASAP and so we missed the Lion King...

So very tempting...

ReputationRep:
    *ahem*

Interrupting this broadcast with a LotR moment. Normal Glee will resume as soon as possible.

Spoiler:
    Show

YAY!!! Another LotR freak! Yep there was.. And it was epic.

Here's an example of one of the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fCnxyyj4lY

(It's been edited a bit, it's not the full song..)

Again, another one that's been edited: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbF88CUeyYQ

(That's Legolas at the beginning..)

It was amazing!

:excited:

And now, returning to Glee...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yay, high five! :woo: People keep telling me LotR is over, but it's NEVER over! I reread the Silmarillion only last month, I'm a real Tolkien freak

I love both, thanks for the links! I thought it would be odd to see LotR as a musical, but it looks really good, actually. I'm loving the Hobbits' rosy cheeks

Yes, back to Glee. Or DCriss, actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yay, high five! :woo: People keep telling me LotR is over, but it's NEVER over! I reread the Silmarillion only last month, I'm a real Tolkien freak

I love both, thanks for the links! I thought it would be odd to see LotR as a musical, but it looks really good, actually. I'm loving the Hobbits' rosy cheeks

Yes, back to Glee. Or DCriss, actually
    Spoiler:
    Show

I scare my friends with my Tolkien crazies... Actually scare my family too... My mother still doesn't quite understand why I have two Tengwar tattoos (Quenya on my right foot and Sindarin on my left foot :awesome: )
    I haven't told her yet that I'm getting some more Tolkien-related ones.. (Oh and a Harry Potter one as well :ahee: )
    Which reminds me.. I need to go book my 4th tattoo tomorrow... I've been saying that for months..

Yes.. So how are we going to persuade DCriss to kiss us? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Disaster!!!

I've been sitting here for the past hour thinking about the bar of Galaxy that's on my shelf in the fridge (it had half melted in my bag so I put it in there..)
    So, really, really craving it...
    It's been stolen by a flatmate.

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I scare my friends with my Tolkien crazies... Actually scare my family too... My mother still doesn't quite understand why I have two Tengwar tattoos (Quenya on my right foot and Sindarin on my left foot :awesome: )
    I haven't told her yet that I'm getting some more Tolkien-related ones.. (Oh and a Harry Potter one as well :ahee: )
    Which reminds me.. I need to go book my 4th tattoo tomorrow... I've been saying that for months..

Yes.. So how are we going to persuade DCriss to kiss us? :ninja:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My friends like the Lord of the Rings films and one of them read the books, but that's it. Whenever I try to convince them the Silmarillion is amazing or that they should try some of Tolkien's translations I get blank stares. During my Oxford interview we talked about The Monster and the Critics for a while and I loved it! Enthusiasm didn't get me far in the end, but at least it was fun :awesome:

Wow, that's so cool! Harry Potter, LotR, Glee - you love all the right things I'm not cool enough for a tattoo, but if I'd ever get one it would have to be HP or LotR related!

Shouldn't be too difficult. First we try our natural charm, which should do the trick. If for some odd reason it doesn't we spike his drink :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My friends like the Lord of the Rings films and one of them read the books, but that's it. Whenever I try to convince them the Silmarillion is amazing or that they should try some of Tolkien's translations I get blank stares. During my Oxford interview we talked about The Monster and the Critics for a while and I loved it! Enthusiasm didn't get me far in the end, but at least it was fun :awesome:

Wow, that's so cool! Harry Potter, LotR, Glee - you love all the right things I'm not cool enough for a tattoo, but if I'd ever get one it would have to be HP or LotR related!
    Spoiler:
    Show

I haven't been able to finish the Silmarillion yet. I really, really struggle with it (dyslexic and dyspraxic) but I have made it my goal this summer to finally read the Silmarillion in one go...
    I have read most of it.. But in sections, not in order and over about 5 years..

The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún = EPIC!

Monsters and Critics is one of the books I've been meaning to get hold of for years but I haven't found it in a second-hand shop yet.. My mother got a bit annoyed at the amount of Tolkien books I kept saying I wanted so she told me that I could get them but only if I brought them in person from a secondhand/charity bookshop as she was fed up of the amount of amazon packages that kept coming Even though I'm at uni now, it's turned into tradition for me to get my Tolkien books from charity shops so I don't want to break it. Plus, sometimes the ignorance of the people who run the shop works in my favour.. I got a first edition hardback copy of the Silmarillion for 50p :cool:

My favourite thing that I'm reading now is Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf.. My copy is bilingual so I have his translation printed right next to the Old English :love:

My Harry Potter tattoo is going to be "Mischief Managed" written in white ink. I was very pleased with myself when I thought of it (you know, because white ink isn't very visible and that phrase wiped the map clean ) and then I was on google and discovered that other people had the same idea.
    Oh well, I'm still getting it.

Shouldn't be too difficult. First we try our natural charm, which should do the trick. If for some odd reason it doesn't we spike his drink :yep:
    Sounds like a plan! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I haven't been able to finish the Silmarillion yet. I really, really struggle with it (dyslexic and dyspraxic) but I have made it my goal this summer to finally read the Silmarillion in one go...
    I have read most of it.. But in sections, not in order and over about 5 years..

The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún = EPIC!

Monsters and Critics is one of the books I've been meaning to get hold of for years but I haven't found it in a second-hand shop yet.. My mother got a bit annoyed at the amount of Tolkien books I kept saying I wanted so she told me that I could get them but only if I brought them in person from a secondhand/charity bookshop as she was fed up of the amount of amazon packages that kept coming Even though I'm at uni now, it's turned into tradition for me to get my Tolkien books from charity shops so I don't want to break it. Plus, sometimes the ignorance of the people who run the shop works in my favour.. I got a first edition hardback copy of the Silmarillion for 50p :cool:

My favourite thing that I'm reading now is Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf.. My copy is bilingual so I have his translation printed right next to the Old English :love:

My Harry Potter tattoo is going to be "Mischief Managed" written in white ink. I was very pleased with myself when I thought of it (you know, because white ink isn't very visible and that phrase wiped the map clean ) and then I was on google and discovered that other people had the same idea.
    Oh well, I'm still getting it.

Sounds like a plan! :ninja:
    It's finally back! Both TSR and Twitter stopped working for me for over half an hour, I didn't know what to do with myself!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I found the Silmarillion quite difficult too, so I imagine it certainly can't be easy if you have so much to overcome! I like the idea of reading bits of it - it's like you'd do with a fairytale or mythology, which is pretty much what it is for me

I haven't read that one yet, but it's been in my basket at the Book Depository for ages! I'm really looking forward to getting it soon, should be good! I got all my Tolkien books from Amazon and the Book Depository, they're only available in translation here. I order books so often I wait outside for the mail to arrive every now and then because I don't want my parents to find out I have to buy everything I read; the libraries near me don't have English literature :sad:

Beowulf is AMAZING!! I read that translation too, I loved it!! I read The Monster and the Critics straight after because I wanted to know what Tolkien's view was, but I haven't come round to reading the other essays yet. You're into Old English too?? I'm selftaught so pretty terrible, but I love it!

That tattoo sounds awesome! That's pretty original, so odd other people came up with the same!

Strangely enough I don't even have experience in raping celebrities, it just comes to me naturally :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    So I did just listen to one (two) prom song...no not the one...or two you're thinking. I'm on my phone and can't be bothered tying out spoilers so will be vague. I imagined a certain scene to it and it was beautiful. And the other one I didn't listen to, all I can say is why will they never be together?

ReputationRep:
    Operation Get Darren Criss Tickets is a go
    I'm dressed and listening to Don't You as a good luck charm!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.