Turn on thread page Beta

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e hine e)
    :rofl: that's the one time I'd want pink sunglasses, just to put them on in a Gap. Was there not a table you could jump onto then slide to the counter from?

I should never be allowed in a Gap.
    If I went into a Gap I would seriously renact the whole thing! My face ALWAYS mirrors Kurt's when Blaine sings 'You can keep all the toys in the drawer tonight.' --> :eek:
    I would actually do it because I have no shame!

Still reading the second one but when he said 'most popular couple' I squeed. I was actually thinking the other day, I hate when people call Kurt a stereotype but I hate more when people say he's a stereotype because of his voice. It's not like he can do anything about it and that for me kind of sums up the homophobic/gender ambiguity-phobic (?) people really-they're blatantly attacking something that's natural in a higher voice so it's no real surprise they can't even understand that homosexuality is natural and gender roles don't have to be set in stone.

That probably doesn't even make sense, I'm half asleep but I know what I'm talking about

Just.
    I know, right? It's horrible! I think Chris' speaking voice is lovely and again, it's not his fault. It's not fair that people should attack him or Kurt for it. Why is it even a 'bad' thing that his voice is high? :dontknow: Society seems to have this ingrained view that femininity or effeminacy, I should say, is bad and I don't understand where it came from? He's not a ****** woman and he's not a stereotype. Kurt is a complex person. People attach his love of musical theatre, singing and fashion to his being gay when in reality, it;s part of his personality in the same way my obsession with musicals is part of mine. People who criticise Kurt ignore the way he's also been on the football team and been amazing and he also (presumably) knows about cars because of his dad. His speaking voice is a hint of his singing voice and I'd kill for his voice so...
    You get people like my mum and my sister saying that Kurt's 'so gay' in a horrible tone because of his voice. I haven't noticed anyone making disparaging comments about Blaine being 'so gay' or Brittany or Santana. People definitely have an issue with Kurt/Chris' voice because it threatens their (ignorant) preconceptions. Though, do you think Chris makes his voice a little higher for Kurt? Because I don't think he sounds *as* high pitched as himself. I'm thinking of 'those were my sexy faces' right now. This probably doesn't make sense either! I'm just sick of people insulting Kurt when it sort of insults Chris too. I'm not having it! /protective

(Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
    I like GLEE, but sometimes i find myself cringing at the things on there n the songs :ahhhhh: . Lol but i do love sue she is fricken hilarious. i'll bet ill get loadsa thumbs down tho for thios comment
    Which things do you cringe at? We'd all be lying if none of us had a cringe moment! I cringe everytime Will opens his mouth. And no, we don't neg on here. Unless I'm on my iphone and accidentally press neg instead of quote... :blush:
    I don't really like Sue that much anymore... she's turned into even more of a caricature than she originally was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    If I went into a Gap I would seriously renact the whole thing! My face ALWAYS mirrors Kurt's when Blaine sings 'You can keep all the toys in the drawer tonight.' --> :eek:
    I would actually do it because I have no shame!

I know, right? It's horrible! I think Chris' speaking voice is lovely and again, it's not his fault. It's not fair that people should attack him or Kurt for it. Why is it even a 'bad' thing that his voice is high? :dontknow: Society seems to have this ingrained view that femininity or effeminacy, I should say, is bad and I don't understand where it came from? He's not a ****** woman and he's not a stereotype. Kurt is a complex person. People attach his love of musical theatre, singing and fashion to his being gay when in reality, it;s part of his personality in the same way my obsession with musicals is part of mine. People who criticise Kurt ignore the way he's also been on the football team and been amazing and he also (presumably) knows about cars because of his dad. His speaking voice is a hint of his singing voice and I'd kill for his voice so...
    You get people like my mum and my sister saying that Kurt's 'so gay' in a horrible tone because of his voice. I haven't noticed anyone making disparaging comments about Blaine being 'so gay' or Brittany or Santana. People definitely have an issue with Kurt/Chris' voice because it threatens their (ignorant) preconceptions. Though, do you think Chris makes his voice a little higher for Kurt? Because I don't think he sounds *as* high pitched as himself. I'm thinking of 'those were my sexy faces' right now. This probably doesn't make sense either! I'm just sick of people insulting Kurt when it sort of insults Chris too. I'm not having it! /protective

Which things do you cringe at? We'd all be lying if none of us had a cringe moment! I cringe everytime Will opens his mouth. And no, we don't neg on here. Unless I'm on my iphone and accidentally press neg instead of quote... :blush:
    I don't really like Sue that much anymore... she's turned into even more of a caricature than she originally was.
    I think he does a bit but I think it's more about making himself sound younger than anything, plus he sounds more excitable as Kurt which means it's naturally higher than usual. I love his voice though, it's so amazing and you can hear the lower tones coming through when he sings and speaks too. It maddens me that people use it against him. Did you see the interview before where he said 'did I do something to offend you?' I don't understand how people can't love that guy.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the Klaine video

http://tothebottomofthegarden.tumblr...90-kurt-blaine

and this was funny when I watched it but only because I love Will and Grace

http://tothebottomofthegarden.tumblr...sfine-will-and

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinobi93)
    It was, yeah. It was so lovely and I don't want to get all film-geeky, but I did enjoy the editing too Just rewatched their kiss and when it cuts to the keyboard I couldn't help laughing, after how angry the internet got about it!
    I loved the editing, I had one similar set to the 'falling in love in a coffee shop' song and it was so good but it got deleted from youtube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Major Darren (or darren related) picspam, cuz I can:
    Spoiler:
    Show

creepy:
    Spoiler:
    Show

finally, this is a bit old, could have done with this earlier, but this is a sentiment most of you shared at the time:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Are you trying to kill me woman? :woo: And yes, that last one is pretty accurate!

Does anyone know any good fanfic? Bear in mind I've only ever read that one with sand in the title (sandboxes?) that was linked on here like a month or so ago, so nothing too intense!

And I love how this thread keeps taking over other threads with Glee-related fashion spam
    I only ever read a bit of the Sandboxes one because people on here recommended it, but I didn't like it all that much. Spoiler in case someone hasn't read it yet but wants to...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The whole idea of them knowing each other from such a young age and then getting together sounds really odd to me. I have a few friends I've been close with since we were kids and seriously, having a relationship with them would feel like incest!
    It wasn't badly written, just not my thing.

I tried another one about a week ago because quite a few people on Tumblr seemed to love it, but it was gross and disturbing So if you find something interesting, do let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    now!
    Defintely was trying to kill you with picspam :p:

omg stubbleCriss is hawt

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching eurovision? I literally just jumped out of my seat when we got 12 points. /sad
    Oh no, was that tonight? I normally watch it every year, I forgot Last year was particularly funny (Ovo je Balkan, anyone? :rofl:), and probably the first time I really thought Belgium should have won.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the editing, I had one similar set to the 'falling in love in a coffee shop' song and it was so good but it got deleted from youtube
    Oh, I love that Will and Grace video too, it's weird because I've seen both the episodes but put together they also work! Will and Grace is great.

(Original post by Ambs)

I only ever read a bit of the Sandboxes one because people on here recommended it, but I didn't like it all that much. Spoiler in case someone hasn't read it yet but wants to...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The whole idea of them knowing each other from such a young age and then getting together sounds really odd to me. I have a few friends I've been close with since we were kids and seriously, having a relationship with them would feel like incest!
    It wasn't badly written, just not my thing.

I tried another one about a week ago because quite a few people on Tumblr seemed to love it, but it was gross and disturbing So if you find something interesting, do let me know!
    I wouldn't take recommendations from tumblr, any I've seen referenced on there sound far too disturbing/strange. I'm not really into fanfic, I just wanted to give it another go.
    Oh, and I agree that...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    friends you've known since a young age would be really weird to have a relationship with, I didn't think about that until after I'd read Sandboxes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    Oh no, was that tonight? I normally watch it every year, I forgot Last year was particularly funny (Ovo je Balkan, anyone? :rofl:), and probably the first time I really thought Belgium should have won.
    It was, you didn't miss much. It started off well and went downhill. I quite liked the UK entry and Jedward though for once.

Oh, I love that Will and Grace video too, it's weird because I've seen both the episodes but put together they also work! Will and Grace is great.

I wouldn't take recommendations from tumblr, any I've seen referenced on there sound far too disturbing/strange. I'm not really into fanfic, I just wanted to give it another go.
    Oh, and I agree that...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    friends you've known since a young age would be really weird to have a relationship with, I didn't think about that until after I'd read Sandboxes.
    I thought the same about Sandboxes before I read it and for that reason I held off reading it when it kept popping up, but then I gave it a go and I actually thought the way the writer did it was really good. It was just as though they learned about life together...it wasn't as weird as I expected.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely video. :love:

But I feel in love with the music that was playing in the intro (the whole skip to 1:00 bit.)

Am now trying to find a decent version on youtube so I can steal it.. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Defintely was trying to kill you with picspam :p:

omg stubbleCriss is hawt
    Erm - thanks, I guess?

He's always hawt, no matter what :love: Seriously, he has a bald spot and I still love him - that proves how crazy I am about the man I'm actually worried about that; the show always points out the actor's flaws (Lea: nose, hands and height, Matthew: chin, hair and hands, Chord: mouth - there's something about everyone), I really hope they don't go there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    Erm - thanks, I guess?

He's always hawt, no matter what :love: Seriously, he has a bald spot and I still love him - that proves how crazy I am about the man I'm actually worried about that; the show always points out the actor's flaws (Lea: nose, hands and height, Matthew: chin, hair and hands, Chord: mouth - there's something about everyone), I really hope they don't go there!
    I thought it wasn't a bald spot, just where his hair parts...

I think they'll pick his eyebrows to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    If they pick anything about DCriss' appearance to pick on I will boycott Glee!

Spoiler:
    Show

Who am I kidding? I would never be able to boycott Glee

ReputationRep:
    I'm addicted to this blog so people should go look at it

http://****yeahgleesecrets.tumblr.com/

okay so once again you have to replace the **** with the rude f word.

Bloody TSR.

ReputationRep:
    My mum says Puck reminds her of Robbie Williams.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I agree that...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I definitely won't anymore! I didn't even finish it, it was way too disturbing!

Same here; I don't like fanfiction, but I was very bored and decided to give it another chance. I'm sure there are some pretty good and normal fics out there though, I'm just too lazy to look for them
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I kept thinking 'please don't get together in the end!', which is not how you're supposed to feel while reading fanfic

It was, you didn't miss much. It started off well and went downhill. I quite liked the UK entry and Jedward though for once.

I thought the same about Sandboxes before I read it and for that reason I held off reading it when it kept popping up, but then I gave it a go and I actually thought the way the writer did it was really good. It was just as though they learned about life together...it wasn't as weird as I expected.
    I'll have a look on youtube. I still can't believe I missed it! :sad: I always wonder if they air it in the US... It won't make them think too much of the European music scene

I agree that it wasn't badly written, but it wasn't my thing. I just kept comparing it to my own life and the idea alone of being in a relationship with one of my friends makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps I'll look at some of her other fics, I did like her style.

ReputationRep:
    so I'm rererererererewatching prom
    Spoiler:
    Show
    when Blaine asks if he can have that dance I just melt every time :love:

ReputationRep:

YES! So true!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it wasn't a bald spot, just where his hair parts...

I think they'll pick his eyebrows to be honest.
    Upon close inspection (and we all know I'm crazy enough to spend time investigating this), I really think it's a small bald spot :sad:

I think so too, they are too blatant to ignore! I'm surprised they haven't already

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.