Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    Hello everyone! :hello:

First time poster here

Become majorly addicted to Glee in the past week - so far up to S1E18 (laryngitis) and loving it

Mainly because of Kurt :love: And the eye candy he gives :teehee:

Anyway yeah hi everyone!
    Hi! :hi: So nice to see someone new post on here, welcome to the thread!

You might want to watch out for spoilers; we put everything that hasn't aired in the UK under spoiler tags, but the rest is out in the open. I can promise you that there is a lot of good stuff coming up though, season 2 is amazing!

A big YES to the Kurt appreciation - you'll fit right in at this thread, we all love him

ReputationRep:

First time poster here

Become majorly addicted to Glee in the past week - so far up to S1E18 (laryngitis) and loving it

Anyway yeah hi everyone!
    Hi! Welcome!

First things first, you need to do a ritual bath in bat's blood and then carve the name of your favourite ship into your arm.

Until then you can't join.

Yeah, I'm joking.

Just a heads up. This thread is FULL of season 2 spoilers. Most of us watch at the USA speed and there are a few who watch at UK speed ( 2 episodes behind the USA.)
    We (try to) spoiler things from the USA episodes that haven't been aired in the UK and any future episode spoilers but pretty much everything else is fair game.

So yeah, you will see spoilers in this thread.

ReputationRep:

First time poster here

Anyway yeah hi everyone!
    :hello: Welcome to the thread, otherwise known as the Kurt appreciation society :cool: You will fit well here.

(Original post by Ambs)
    I put that one on my list when I saw people recommend it on here, I'll definitely give that one a try Oh no, I don't think I'll enjoy any intense bits either! I'm as fangirly as they come but that's creepy!
    I love how we're all calling them 'intense' bits. We're all so innocent.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

That was pretty much what happened with me and Chryed. Except I wasn't raised in a conservative Christian house, my mum tried to indoctrinate me but I never believed and I never really thought much about gay relationships and I was a bit awkward, it wasn't that I thought it was wrong, I just thought it was none of my business and then I saw Chryed and later Klaine fall in love and now I'm like :love: and my friend is a real life Rachel and has two supercool gay dads!

Spoiler:
    Show

Are these people watching the same show as me? Last time I checked, Kurt was smitten with his BOYFRIEND!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    Hi! :hi: So nice to see someone new post on here, welcome to the thread!

You might want to watch out for spoilers; we put everything that hasn't aired in the UK under spoiler tags, but the rest is out in the open. I can promise you that there is a lot of good stuff coming up though, season 2 is amazing!

A big YES to the Kurt appreciation - you'll fit right in at this thread, we all love him
    Well I'm working my way through pretty quickly - hope to be up to date by Wednesday

Yeah, I have nothing going on in my life so just watch Glee religiously now
    And I'm glad you all like Kurt, that means my stalkerish-ness of him won't seem so bad

(Original post by Hravan)
    Hi! Welcome!

First things first, you need to do a ritual bath in bat's blood and then carve the name of your favourite ship into your arm.

Until then you can't join.

Yeah, I'm joking.

Just a heads up. This thread is FULL of season 2 spoilers. Most of us watch at the USA speed and there are a few who watch at UK speed ( 2 episodes behind the USA.)
    We (try to) spoiler things from the USA episodes that haven't been aired in the UK and any future episode spoilers but pretty much everything else is fair game.

So yeah, you will see spoilers in this thread.
    Yeah I guessed Like I said, should be up to speed real soon so probably won't post until then to avoid spoilers, but then will post more

Thank god the ritual isn't real I dislike bats :awesome:

(Original post by e hine e)
    :hello: Welcome to the thread, otherwise known as the Kurt appreciation society :cool: You will fit well here.

I think I love you all already :awesome: :love:

Kurt is amazing, and Chris Colfer :drool: Yeah I have a kind of stalker-ish desire for him

Put it this way, he's welcome in my bed any day :teehee: Reminds me of myself (Chris, not Kurt... I'm not THAT camp ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)

Spoiler:
    Show

Are these people watching the same show as me? Last time I checked, Kurt was smitten with his BOYFRIEND!

It's all in their heads!!!

Like I said.. I think a friendship between Kurt and Karofsky might be a good thing if the writers handle it sensitively.

A lot of people have said about Karofsky that they were him.. They were the person that bullied or took the mick out of the gay kids because they were struggling with their sexuality.
    Now, I don't think that's any excuse whatsoever, to bully anybody but I think if Karofsky really does change into a better person I think that part of the way for him to become a better person is through Kurt forgiving him. Because Karofsky is never going to forgive himself for what he did to Kurt and he's not going to grow as a person until he accepts who he is and I think Kurt can help him with that.

Meh, I'm not making any sense, but whatever.

I also think, and please don't hate me for this, that there needs to be two openly gay characters who are friends BUT there's no feelings between them. It does annoy me slightly that the only other openly gay character we have on the show is Blaine and he was only written in to be a boyfriend for Kurt.
    (I love Klaine, don't get me wrong! And I fricking LOVE Blaine but I still think the above..)

ReputationRep:
    I love how we're all calling them 'intense' bits. We're all so innocent.
    :lol: and then along came tumblr, trying to steal our innocence. We will stay strong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    Boo for the Kummer (ew ew ew) who made that!

When I was looking for a pic of Darren's bald spot I came across some pretty mean Kummers too. They're the only ones who noticed it too :rofl:
    Kummers... *shakes head*
    The bit in bold reads so hilariously haha! If I didn't *know* you I'd be like :lolwut: ! I can't judge because we're virtually the same except I don't mind intense fic!

I think a Kurofsky friendship would actually be a good thing. If Dave does a **** load more character development.
    Not a close friendship, don't get me wrong. I don't want them to be like Kurt and Rachel, Kurt and Mercedes etc. I just think a cordial friendship would be a nice thing.

EDIT:

Not stuff to make up for what he did. But rather do the change from a bully to a nice guy. Does that make sense?
    I understand what you mean!
    I just don't trust RIB not to rush it...

First time poster here

Anyway yeah hi everyone!
    Helllooooo! I gave you welcome rep! Anyone who loves Kurt is welcome here! As others have said, watch out for spoilers because we discuss season 2 eps that have already aired in the UK. I'm so glad we don't totally scare new fans away with our crazy!
    Kurt gets hotter in season 2. Just a heads up!
    (Original post by Ambs)
    I put that one on my list when I saw people recommend it on here, I'll definitely give that one a try Oh no, I don't think I'll enjoy any intense bits either! I'm as fangirly as they come but that's creepy!
    :sad: I... I'm not creepy. I'm a total angst whore so I dislike pure fluff...
    Yeah, it just makes me feel sick really :sad:

:rofl: you need to become a rep whore :woo:

He can't get slushied. I want them to end the slushies now

I don't get how anyone can prefer anyone over Kurt.

Just watched that trailer-it looks awesome :party: that's my night sorted.
    I don't understand why they don't get rid of the slushie machines and padlock the dumpsters! But then that would be too much of a challenge for stupid Figgins!

I need to spread it all arrroooooouuund *sashays* You either have it! Or you've had it! How'd you like these egg rolls, Mr Goldstone? Hold your hats and hallelujah, mama's gonna suck it to yah! *dances* Ready or not? Here comes Mama! *skips instrumental* Why did I do it? What did it get me? Scrapbooks full of me in the background!

Sorry... I couldn't resist! Rose's Turn. :love: :blush:

You'll get used to it Neilya!

ReputationRep:
    I think a Kurofsky friendship would actually be a good thing. If Dave does a **** load more character development.
    Not a close friendship, don't get me wrong. I don't want them to be like Kurt and Rachel, Kurt and Mercedes etc. I just think a cordial friendship would be a nice thing.

EDIT:

Not stuff to make up for what he did. But rather do the change from a bully to a nice guy. Does that make sense?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought it was great when Karofsky apologised to Kurt in PQ; Karofsky seemed to regret what he did, and if Kurt can somehow really forgive him that would be great. But at the same time I thought the apology was slightly creepy. Why is he *so* sorry? Because he realises what he did was wrong or because he's actually in love with Kurt, realises he blew his chances and regrets it? Furt was on in Belgium today, and when he took that plastic wedding couple from Kurt it was SO creepy - he wanted to have something from Kurt for himself That's not just someone struggling with his sexuality, that's aimed directly at Kurt and creepy! Also, the fact that he is really sorry and knows he's wrong only two episodes after calling Blaine 'butt boy' and nearly starting a fight with him doesn't really work for me.

I think Kurt and Karofsky will eventually become friends of some sort; Ryan Murphy said he wanted the storyline to have a happy ending. But if he changes his mind Karofsky could still be the creep he was in the beginning and try to get Kurt or perhaps even come after Blaine, I think.

ReputationRep:
    My friend just texted me to ask for ways to overcome boredom.

I replied: "Watch Supernatural? Watch glee? Sit on tumblr for hours searching for glee stuff (especially Klaine)? Xx"

:rofl:

(She likes Glee but she's not as crazy as me with the whole internet thing... )

EDIT:

She replied "Mmmmm, maybe. Thanks x"

I think she was expecting for me to offer to go over and visit her...

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm working my way through pretty quickly - hope to be up to date by Wednesday

And I'm glad you all like Kurt, that means my stalkerish-ness of him won't seem so bad

Yeah I guessed Like I said, should be up to speed real soon so probably won't post until then to avoid spoilers, but then will post more

Kurt is amazing, and Chris Colfer :drool: Yeah I have a kind of stalker-ish desire for him

Put it this way, he's welcome in my bed any day :teehee: Reminds me of myself (Chris, not Kurt... I'm not THAT camp ).
    If you're like Chris we will totally get on well. I love his sarcasm in real life too, I'm often sarcastic and it can get me into trouble but I carry on with it anyway :woo:

You seem to have the right kind of smilies to be on this thread :party:

I love this thread :love:

ReputationRep:
    Kummers... *shakes head*
    The bit in bold reads so hilariously haha! If I didn't *know* you I'd be like :lolwut: ! I can't judge because we're virtually the same except I don't mind intense fic!

I understand what you mean!
    I just don't trust RIB not to rush it...

Helllooooo! I gave you welcome rep! Anyone who loves Kurt is welcome here! As others have said, watch out for spoilers because we discuss season 2 eps that have already aired in the UK. I'm so glad we don't totally scare new fans away with our crazy!

I don't understand why they don't get rid of the slushie machines and padlock the dumpsters! But then that would be too much of a challenge for stupid Figgins!

I need to spread it all arrroooooouuund *sashays* You either have it! Or you've had it! How'd you like these egg rolls, Mr Goldstone? Hold your hats and hallelujah, mama's gonna suck it to yah! *dances* Ready or not? Here comes Mama! *skips instrumental* Why did I do it? What did it get me? Scrapbooks full of me in the background!

Sorry... I couldn't resist! Rose's Turn. :love: :blush:

BiB: pretty sure you've gone crazy.

ReputationRep:
    It's all in their heads!!!

Like I said.. I think a friendship between Kurt and Karofsky might be a good thing if the writers handle it sensitively.

A lot of people have said about Karofsky that they were him.. They were the person that bullied or took the mick out of the gay kids because they were struggling with their sexuality.
    Now, I don't think that's any excuse whatsoever, to bully anybody but I think if Karofsky really does change into a better person I think that part of the way for him to become a better person is through Kurt forgiving him. Because Karofsky is never going to forgive himself for what he did to Kurt and he's not going to grow as a person until he accepts who he is and I think Kurt can help him with that.

Meh, I'm not making any sense, but whatever.

I also think, and please don't hate me for this, that there needs to be two openly gay characters who are friends BUT there's no feelings between them. It does annoy me slightly that the only other openly gay character we have on the show is Blaine and he was only written in to be a boyfriend for Kurt.
    (I love Klaine, don't get me wrong! And I fricking LOVE Blaine but I still think the above..)
    You're making perfect sense and I actually agree with you. I've seen some people say Kurt's only with Blaine because he's the only other openly gay guy he knows so if Karkofsky was out and Kurt didn't fancy him, it would show that two gay guys can be friends without attraction (though I think Karkofsky is attracted to Kurt, though it might be more the idea of him). I just think that Glee has issues showing friendships in general because everything is so relationship orientated. When was the last time we saw a hint of Kurtcedes or Sam/Finn? I want season 3 to explore friendships more (and give me Blanana *Blaine/Santana*) and not be so focused on relationships. It seems Glee went from a sort of tale of the underdogs in season 1 to a normal high school drama but with music in season 2. I'd like to see a better balance in season 3. I think my issue is... I don't trust the writers. Especially not Ryan Murphy, he's so fickle and couples are like toys to him!

ReputationRep:

Awwwwh thankyou! You're all so friendly

If anything I'd be worried of scaring anyone by seeming like a stalker :teeth:

Hotter? :eek: Is that.... is that possible? I might just die watch then . I see hot guys all the time but the first time I saw him it was more of a "Wooooah!" :teeth:

I'm sure I'll get used to it

I just can't believe I haven't discovered Glee before now! It's so my thing yet I've always overlooked it

I'm hoping to join the Manchester University Glee Club next year Yes, it's an actual Glee club, not just a fan club

Also, Kurt has a fantastic voice F5, what a note to hit for a guy :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Just going to throw this out there...

ReputationRep:
    He can't get slushied. I want them to end the slushies now

I don't get how anyone can prefer anyone over Kurt.

Just watched that trailer-it looks awesome :party: that's my night sorted.
    But it would be SO funny!! I don't think the slushies are going anytime soon, they still featured them heavily in OS so... Perhaps it would get the gel out of Blaine's hair :awesome:

I really hope you like it It's one of the best films I've seen in a long time, it's SO funny!

Haha, exactly the same here I'm not studying and I don't have a job, which means lots of Glee marathons!

We won't judge you, we're even more crazy. We're all girls and we want to get him in our beds, so...

Kummers... *shakes head*

If I read something good I might actually like it - the bit I read was basically a rape and it made me feel sick

Haha, we are! :rofl: If it turns out I do like it then the rest of the thread won't be able to tell us apart anymore :eek3: You're never creepy :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwh thankyou! You're all so friendly

If anything I'd be worried of scaring anyone by seeming like a stalker :teeth:

Hotter? :eek: Is that.... is that possible? I might just die watch then . I see hot guys all the time but the first time I saw him it was more of a "Wooooah!" :teeth:

I'm sure I'll get used to it

I just can't believe I haven't discovered Glee before now! It's so my thing yet I've always overlooked it

I'm hoping to join the Manchester University Glee Club next year Yes, it's an actual Glee club, not just a fan club

Also, Kurt has a fantastic voice F5, what a note to hit for a guy :coma:
    Once you've been around here a while you'll realise we're all stalkers :yep: especially watch out for diamonddust and ambs. Pretty sure Hravan is on her way to that territory too. He really does get hotter, you're in for a treat.

I need to find out if Sheffield has a Glee club. If not I'm entering clearing to find a uni that does have one.

And guys, I think my Lea crush is intensifying. Now I'm just looking for songs she sings (at least there's loads to choose from). Favourite at the moment is 'Gives you Hell'.

ReputationRep:
    Just going to throw this out there...

Oh jesus mother****ing christ god holy ****!

:coma:

I cannot wait for season 2 He's just freaking AMAZING

I think one of the reasons I like him so much is that his whole storyline reminds me of my life - the bullying at school, the dad that you think hates you but doesn't but then kinda thinks you're not the son he always wanted (at this point at least, might change in season 2 ).

Anyway, my gay ramblings are for the LGBT society I guess But yeah it's always nice when you can relate to a character

ReputationRep:

Don't blame you...

(Original post by shinobi93)
    :lol: and then along came tumblr, trying to steal our innocence. We will stay strong!
    Oh THAT'S what you meant by intense bits! I thought you meant angst! :blush:
    BiB: pretty sure you've gone crazy.
    Oh purlease, I passed crazy a long time ago! I'm borderline manic right now. I should be in bed but I'm too damn bouncy! My own fault for living on caffeine!

ReputationRep:
    I have to share this even though it's not Glee related.

This was the music from the intro of a video that e hine e posted... And I can't get enough of it.

Spoiler:
    Show

It makes me happy and sad at the same time. :sad:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.