Turn on thread page Beta

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers watch

ReputationRep:
    Glee texts make my day so much brighter

ReputationRep:
    Only just discovered this thread, so I'll probably say quite a bit here...

I'll shove it all in a spoiler tag, just in case..

General stuff: {No spoilers from S3. Slight reference to things in S2, but no spoilers}
    Spoiler:
    Show

Ok, just so you all get a bit of background about my likes and dislikes in the show. Basically I started watching the show because of a friend who I've known for many years, as we were both Potter fans. Both being Potter fans, we loved A very Potter musical & Sequel & then Starkid in general (you can guess where this is going), and then Darren Criss got the part on Glee, and we started watching Glee. After watching it, I realised what a great show it is, and got the entire back catalogue and have loved it ever since.

Basics : I ship couples a LOT. Klaine, Finchel, Hummelberry, Wilma, Britanna are my favourites off the top of my head I personally felt S1 was better than S2 in the writing because S2 relied heavily on The Warblers and Dalton, and the main McKinley stories trailed off a bit and were sometimes annoying. That's not to say I didn't enjoy S2, I really loved it. Just wasn't as good as S1.

Last night: {MAJOR spoilers from the first episode of S3 DO NOT read if you haven't watched it yet}
    Spoiler:
    Show

Yes, I stayed up to watch it. UK time it starts at 1am, but it's really worth it. I highly recommend watching it like this..this year it isn't THAT big a deal, but last year the time between the episode being released in the US and the UK was more like 1 1/2 months, opposed to 2 days now, but it's still nice.

I'll start from what I can remember. Everyone's back. I liked the video from Jacob, which was similar to the premier of S2. Gets things back into the swing of things nicely. I'd already heard all the songs that were going to be in this episode (but not watched any leaked clips), but I still thought We got the Beat was really good. Fitted well, and the foodfight was quite fun too.

Moving onto the first Klaine scene in the cafe where they left us at the end of last season with the "I love you", I thought this scene was lovely. The little bickering between Blaine and Kurt about competing against eachother if Blaine stayed at Dalton, and Kurt trying to convince Blaine to move. Now this is the first problem I had.

I pretty much knew Blaine was going to transfer before the episode, but I didn't know why, and I hoped it would be for a good reason. I didn't like the execution of the move, because it's not really realistic to transfer schools because your boyfriend tells you to. Something just didn't sit right about it. I was hoping for something more realistic, like maybe Blaine's parents losing a job and couldn't afford Daltons tuition fees anymore?

When Blaine did make his McKinley entrance, I thought it was another nice scene, which really proves Klaine are in their "honeymoon" period where nothing can go wrong (for how long, I wonder?) And the "Can't stand to be apart from the person I love" line was possibly the cutest thing to come out of Blaine's mouth in a long time.

Next up, Hummelberry. There was lots of them in this episode, and I hope they really work on their relationship more this season. I really get the feeling they're working this "going to college" storyline up more with Hummelberry, and am wondering if there's going to be a spin-off about that next year. I think this because there are other people going to college at the end of this year, too, but that hasn't really been discussed. Also Lea and Chris are Glee's biggest 2 stars.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead was brilliant. The hats, performance, choreography, everything was perfect. Had me smiling all the way through, which is what Glee should be all about. Personally, I didn't like Lindasy's entrance, although I've never been a fan of Lindsay all the way through the Glee Project, and the song they performed was my least favourite of the episode. I think it will be an interesting side story for Lea and Chris, being challenged for the first time in Glee, although, Lindasy only has 2 episodes, so does that mean there's only 1 more episode with that sidestory in?

I don't really like Quinn's new alter-ego. The idea is great. Christian girl going bad-girl, but I don't think the execution was that good.

Santana & the burning of the piano : First off, I want to say how amazing It's not Unusual was. Secondly : I might be being controversial here, but I think Santana deserved the ban from the Glee club. I've seen lots of tumblr blogs about how Will was in the wrong and, as Santana said last season, Glee is the "best part" of her day. She needs to learn that she can't continue to be Sue's monkey and be part of Glee club. Actions have consequences, and I really hope she realises this, tells Sue where to stick it, and returns to Glee club. She's a great addition to the club.

Wilma (Will and Emma) were so adorable in their little couple thing, but there's clearly still going to be problems about the 2's sexual relationship. I really like Wilma, so I hope it all comes together in the end.

Also, I didn't like Finn's attutide when Blaine joined the Glee club. Something tells me he's worried about losing his space as the main male vocalist? Possible tensions later on??

I THINK I've covered pretty much everything...I hope someone actually reads it and doesn't get bored...

Also, this gif signifies perfectly how amazing Ding Dong the Witch is Dead was:

EDIT:

I'm not sure what the rules are on this, but *link removed*

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen the promo for episode 2 and I can't find it on youtube!

*breaks down sobbing on the floor* :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllFallD0wn)

General stuff: {No spoilers from S3. Slight reference to things in S2, but no spoilers}
    Spoiler:
    Show

Ok, just so you all get a bit of background about my likes and dislikes in the show. Basically I started watching the show because of a friend who I've known for many years, as we were both Potter fans. Both being Potter fans, we loved A very Potter musical & Sequel & then Starkid in general (you can guess where this is going), and then Darren Criss got the part on Glee, and we started watching Glee. After watching it, I realised what a great show it is, and got the entire back catalogue and have loved it ever since.

Basics : I ship couples a LOT. Klaine, Finchel, Hummelberry, Wilma, Britanna are my favourites off the top of my head I personally felt S1 was better than S2 in the writing because S2 relied heavily on The Warblers and Dalton, and the main McKinley stories trailed off a bit and were sometimes annoying. That's not to say I didn't enjoy S2, I really loved it. Just wasn't as good as S1.

Last night: {MAJOR spoilers from the first episode of S3 DO NOT read if you haven't watched it yet}
    Spoiler:
    Show

Yes, I stayed up to watch it. UK time it starts at 1am, but it's really worth it. I highly recommend watching it like this..this year it isn't THAT big a deal, but last year the time between the episode being released in the US and the UK was more like 1 1/2 months, opposed to 2 days now, but it's still nice.

I'll start from what I can remember. Everyone's back. I liked the video from Jacob, which was similar to the premier of S2. Gets things back into the swing of things nicely. I'd already heard all the songs that were going to be in this episode (but not watched any leaked clips), but I still thought We got the Beat was really good. Fitted well, and the foodfight was quite fun too.

Moving onto the first Klaine scene in the cafe where they left us at the end of last season with the "I love you", I thought this scene was lovely. The little bickering between Blaine and Kurt about competing against eachother if Blaine stayed at Dalton, and Kurt trying to convince Blaine to move. Now this is the first problem I had.

I pretty much knew Blaine was going to transfer before the episode, but I didn't know why, and I hoped it would be for a good reason. I didn't like the execution of the move, because it's not really realistic to transfer schools because your boyfriend tells you to. Something just didn't sit right about it. I was hoping for something more realistic, like maybe Blaine's parents losing a job and couldn't afford Daltons tuition fees anymore?

When Blaine did make his McKinley entrance, I thought it was another nice scene, which really proves Klaine are in their "honeymoon" period where nothing can go wrong (for how long, I wonder?) And the "Can't stand to be apart from the person I love" line was possibly the cutest thing to come out of Blaine's mouth in a long time.

Next up, Hummelberry. There was lots of them in this episode, and I hope they really work on their relationship more this season. I really get the feeling they're working this "going to college" storyline up more with Hummelberry, and am wondering if there's going to be a spin-off about that next year. I think this because there are other people going to college at the end of this year, too, but that hasn't really been discussed. Also Lea and Chris are Glee's biggest 2 stars.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead was brilliant. The hats, performance, choreography, everything was perfect. Had me smiling all the way through, which is what Glee should be all about. Personally, I didn't like Lindasy's entrance, although I've never been a fan of Lindsay all the way through the Glee Project, and the song they performed was my least favourite of the episode. I think it will be an interesting side story for Lea and Chris, being challenged for the first time in Glee, although, Lindasy only has 2 episodes, so does that mean there's only 1 more episode with that sidestory in?

I don't really like Quinn's new alter-ego. The idea is great. Christian girl going bad-girl, but I don't think the execution was that good.

Santana & the burning of the piano : First off, I want to say how amazing It's not Unusual was. Secondly : I might be being controversial here, but I think Santana deserved the ban from the Glee club. I've seen lots of tumblr blogs about how Will was in the wrong and, as Santana said last season, Glee is the "best part" of her day. She needs to learn that she can't continue to be Sue's monkey and be part of Glee club. Actions have consequences, and I really hope she realises this, tells Sue where to stick it, and returns to Glee club. She's a great addition to the club.

Wilma (Will and Emma) were so adorable in their little couple thing, but there's clearly still going to be problems about the 2's sexual relationship. I really like Wilma, so I hope it all comes together in the end.

Also, I didn't like Finn's attutide when Blaine joined the Glee club. Something tells me he's worried about losing his space as the main male vocalist? Possible tensions later on??

I THINK I've covered pretty much everything...I hope someone actually reads it and doesn't get bored...

EDIT:

I'm not sure what the rules are on this, but Linky
    Well, you're a Klaine shipper, so most of us love you already

Also, for Hravan
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hravan)
    I haven't seen the promo for episode 2 and I can't find it on youtube!

*breaks down sobbing on the floor* :bawling:
    Straight to Tumblr

The link is broken because it has the eff word in..

Edit ^ Already posted a better quality video, anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrettyRainbows)
    Well, you're a Klaine shipper, so most of us love you already

Also, for Hravan
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

PEANUT BUTTER FINCHEL KISS!!!!

I want Burt to be my daddy.... :cry:

Luckily I don't have a father so I don't have to feel guilty about wanting TV characters as my father..
    It's when I want a TV character as my mother that I start feeling guilty...

ReputationRep:
    Oh by the way, Hravan has nothing to do until 1:30 when she needs to start getting ready for going to the vets so she is completely available for a massive Glee gush on here or by text.. (Already having a text gush to prettyrainbows and muse but anybody else is welcome! I NEED GLEE TEXTS IN MY LIFE! DD, e hine e, except texts soon! (Ambs I would text you but I think you have problems with getting my texts ) )

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Remove that link. It's against the rules to link to that kind of thing.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Glad I'm not the only one who isn't happy to see Blaine at McKinley.

I also agree about Finn's reaction. First thing I thought was he was worried about being replaced. Did you notice he didn't sing at all in the episode, apart from as part of the chorus?

ReputationRep:
    Season 3 slight song spoiler...

Spoiler:
    Show
    All I could think about during Blaine singing I'm not Unusual was this. And then Darren TWEETED about Carlton! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hravan)
    I have been wanting to text you guys since 6am (when I started watching it.)

I think I deserve a reward for not waking you guys up with Glee text messages :smug:

OK.. More texts just saying "DARREN!!!!!!"

Please do text me today about Glee! I NEED MORE OF IT IN MY LIFE!!! Pretty please?

Oh and Ambs.. WHERE ARE YOU?! :puppyeyes:
    I miss Ambs! And haha, I'll text you when I properly wake up and don't just text 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !'
    (Original post by PrettyRainbows)
    Okay..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I really really loved it. I mean, it was funny and lively and there were no bad songs imo. Hummelberry and Klaine were on fine form (Kurt's face when he and Blaine were hugging was adorable and the scene with Kurt and Rachel in the car made me so proud). I'm a bit meh about Quinn's 'transformation', but hopefully it'll pan out okay in the end. And Lindsay was epically good. I hated her on the Glee Project, but she was perfect for that role.

Did any of you see the promo for next week? Shelby's back, and Burt Hummel once again comes out with a cracker of a quote
    'You sing like Diana Ross and you dress like you own a chocolate factory'
    Go Papa Hummel
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought Lindsay was AMAZING.I actually want her character and Rachel to be friends haha. I don't know about that Burt quote, I found it funny but Kurt looks upset so I think he's giving Kurt a reality check about why he shouldn't get his hopes up for Tony. I hope that Glee kind of explore masculinity and Klaine have a convo/discussion about how Blaine can pass for straight and Kurt can't and how that affects their potential roles and relationship. I'm so desperate for that! I was meh about Quinn too! I loved Sugar, I loved Klaine and Hummelberry and I'm just so full of Glee love right now!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I am so exicited for this (need to watch American time, no spoilers please )

ReputationRep:
    Now watching Glee season 3 premiere!!!
    This show has gotten gayer and gayer each time...in a good way

ReputationRep:
    omfg THANK YOU :love: :love:

ReputationRep:
    ajfgshgjd watching it now

Spoiler:
    Show
    Rachel in the white dress. Reminds me of why I love her so much. SO CUTE.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Everything was just so awesome :ahee:
    Santana and Quinn "You can't break the unholy trinity up" and I thought the piano bonfire was pretty cool actually

Though I still don't like how Will kicked Santana out, and Mercedes afterwards!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!? I thought they were diva buddies or whatever

ReputationRep:
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lindsay (Harmony) was fierce! I love Quinn's new not boring role. So glad Sam is gone. Blaine without Warblers uniform = :love:

Sue is just weird. I don't really like Will Schuester tbh. Santana getting kicked out is just sad. She's one of my favorite characters! I don't get why Will did that though, the Cheerios have done a lot worse than just burning a piano. Unfair tbh.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm going to watch this later. Can't wait! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Remove that link. It's against the rules to link to that kind of thing.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Glad I'm not the only one who isn't happy to see Blaine at McKinley.

I also agree about Finn's reaction. First thing I thought was he was worried about being replaced. Did you notice he didn't sing at all in the episode, apart from as part of the chorus?
    Thanks for the heads up. Like I said, I wasn't sure of the rules. Removed

Spoiler:
    Show

Yes, I did! I also noticed that Finn wasn't in it much. He didn't have many lines atall, compared to his normal screen presence..wonder if it's just for this episode or if he's going to be taking a smaller role in this season?

(Original post by The Fez)
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lindsay (Harmony) was fierce! I love Quinn's new not boring role. So glad Sam is gone. Blaine without Warblers uniform = :love:

Sue is just weird. I don't really like Will Schuester tbh. Santana getting kicked out is just sad. She's one of my favorite characters! I don't get why Will did that though, the Cheerios have done a lot worse than just burning a piano. Unfair tbh.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I thought Blaine was cuter in his Warbler uniform, but I also loved how him and Chris seemed to match colours and things (I think it was Chris' trousers matched Darren's bowtie)

And Santana's one of my favourite characters too, but I think Will's had enough with Sue now. After 2 years of everything, and I think he's sick of Santana "playing for both sides", as Sue put it, which was clearly blackmailing her about being bi-sexual. Santana now just needs to put an end to it, come out, and show Glee club that she's loyal to them and only them.

(Original post by AmyLH)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Everything was just so awesome :ahee:
    Santana and Quinn "You can't break the unholy trinity up" and I thought the piano bonfire was pretty cool actually

Though I still don't like how Will kicked Santana out, and Mercedes afterwards!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!? I thought they were diva buddies or whatever

Spoiler:
    Show

As I've already said, I think Santana getting kicked out is for the better, and Mercades and Santana only had "River Deep, Mountain High" duet together, and that was only to try and win free food. Tbh, I don't think they're that close. Santana has been p*ssing people off for quite a while now. I do love her, but she needs to learn she can't go around doing anything she wants, and that actions have consequences..I feel like I'm the only person that thinks this

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the heads up. Like I said, I wasn't sure of the rules. Removed

Spoiler:
    Show

Yes, I did! I also noticed that Finn wasn't in it much. He didn't have many lines atall, compared to his normal screen presence..wonder if it's just for this episode or if he's going to be taking a smaller role in this season?
    Yea, it's all down to the dodgy legality surrounding torrents and stuff. Any direct linking is a ban, or at least some warning points.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Possibly, or maybe they're really trying to make it more of an ensemble cast, with the various people leaving at the end. I hope he doesn't have that smaller a part, though, as I really like Finn. I was surprised that they didn't focus a bit more on Finchel, to be honest, but after the last season's spotlight on them, that could only be a good thing.

Spoiler:
    Show

I thought Blaine was cuter in his Warbler uniform, but I also loved how him and Chris seemed to match colours and things (I think it was Chris' trousers matched Darren's bowtie)

And Santana's one of my favourite characters too, but I think Will's had enough with Sue now. After 2 years of everything, and I think he's sick of Santana "playing for both sides", as Sue put it, which was clearly blackmailing her about being bi-sexual. Santana now just needs to put an end to it, come out, and show Glee club that she's loyal to them and only them.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I love Santana, but I totally agree. She has to sort her priorities out and I'm glad that Will is taking more a stand against Sue and those that help her. The glitter bombing was hilarious. Santana deserves to be kicked out and I hope they bring her back in in a decent way.

Oh, and to whomever said about Blaine being more "straight" than Kurt, he's not. Anyone with an eye for it could tell you he is gay as can be, which is good for the actor. I don't see that being an issue at all in their relationship.

Spoiler:
    Show

As I've already said, I think Santana getting kicked out is for the better, and Mercades and Santana only had "River Deep, Mountain High" duet together, and that was only to try and win free food. Tbh, I don't think they're that close. Santana has been p*ssing people off for quite a while now. I do love her, but she needs to learn she can't go around doing anything she wants, and that actions have consequences..I feel like I'm the only person that thinks this
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Let's talk about the real elephant in the room: Mercede's boyfriend. Could you get any more stereotypical than him? I was incensed when I watched it. They had such a chance between her and Sam and they ****ing ruined it and then pair her off with that guy? AND THE WAY HE SPOKE?! Oh my...

I also disagree with Hravan's statement that because she's fat she shouldn't be with a thin guy, though that might have been ironic... Not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Yea, it's all down to the dodgy legality surrounding torrents and stuff. Any direct linking is a ban, or at least some warning points.

Well it wasn't a torrent, but I've taken it down anyway. The dodgy law is whether it's illegal to host TV files. It was broadcast, so it's in the public domain, but I'd say 100% they'll be bringing out at least 2 DVD's with it on, so yeah.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Possibly, or maybe they're really trying to make it more of an ensemble cast, with the various people leaving at the end. I hope he doesn't have that smaller a part, though, as I really like Finn. I was surprised that they didn't focus a bit more on Finchel, to be honest, but after the last season's spotlight on them, that could only be a good thing.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Totally agree. Although I adore Finchel, they did get slightly annoying last season with all the to-ing and fro-ing

Spoiler:
    Show
    I love Santana, but I totally agree. She has to sort her priorities out and I'm glad that Will is taking more a stand against Sue and those that help her. The glitter bombing was hilarious. Santana deserves to be kicked out and I hope they bring her back in in a decent way.

Oh, and to whomever said about Blaine being more "straight" than Kurt, he's not. Anyone with an eye for it could tell you he is gay as can be, which is good for the actor. I don't see that being an issue at all in their relationship.
    Spoiler:
    Show

and Yeah. I think Blaine is as gay as Kurt (If there's a type of gay-rating other than "Gay, bi, straight")

Spoiler:
    Show
    Let's talk about the real elephant in the room: Mercede's boyfriend. Could you get any more stereotypical than him? I was incensed when I watched it. They had such a chance between her and Sam and they ****ing ruined it and then pair her off with that guy? AND THE WAY HE SPOKE?! Oh my...

I also disagree with Hravan's statement that because she's fat she shouldn't be with a thin guy, though that might have been ironic... Not sure.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hm..I wasn't really impressed by her boyfriend. I'd been looking forward to meeting him, but I think, like you say, it's a bit un-ironic? I'd like to know what happened to SamCedes. I don't think she said anything about them? Obviously Chord chose not to come back, but I felt an explanation was needed as to why they split up, after they were clearly together at the end of S2.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.