Turn on thread page Beta

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ican'teven)
    You'll get LOADS of material searching the "couples" tags, too.

Finchel, Brittana, Klaine to name a few canon ones. Faberry (yes, especially Faberry), Quinntana, Pezberry and Fabang to name a few fanon ones :P
    Wow, I'd never heard of those fanon ones! :eek: I can see I have a lot to learn

(Original post by Soph.Jade)
    My entire family are gleeks - I'd be happy to help if I could feel free to pm
    Thanks very much for the offer - I really appreciate it. They could have done my questionnaire but I've actually gathered all the data from that now Really appreciate your kindness though. Have some rep :yep:

Everyone's being so nice - thank you all! :love:

ReputationRep:
    You'll get LOADS of material searching the "couples" tags, too.

Finchel, Brittana, Klaine to name a few canon ones. Faberry (yes, especially Faberry), Quinntana, Pezberry and Fabang to name a few fanon ones :P
    I've never heard of Quinntana :eek:

But then again, I'm forever shipping Brittana/Heya

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    ~
    Your dissertation seems so fun! :awesome: I'm actually jealous...!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Your dissertation seems so fun! :awesome: I'm actually jealous...!
    Tiz very good fun indeed! The reading for it is less fun though. Obviously no one has academically written about Glee yet, it being so new, which means I have to read all kinds of random things for my literature review

ReputationRep:
    Obviously no one has academically written about Glee yet
    Actually, there's a girl from Tumblr who wrote an essay on Faberry, that is the Rachel/Quinn fanon ship, with a clip reel to visually support it, but I don't think she ever posted or shared any part of it. And I'm quite sure I've read about some other people who academically analyzed it (;

Those two share some glances and lines and situations that make their relationship ostensibly canon! And, oh, so many unresolved questions.

Spoiler:
    Show

And many others. OH MY FEELINGS. I'll stop.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Actually, there's a girl from Tumblr who wrote an essay on Faberry, that is the Rachel/Quinn fanon ship, with a clip reel to visually support it, but I don't think she ever posted or shared any part of it. And I'm quite sure I've read about some other people who academically analyzed it (;

Those two share some glances and lines and situations that make their relationship ostensibly canon! And, oh, so many unresolved questions.

Spoiler:
    Show

And many others. OH MY FEELINGS. I'll stop.
    Oh I'm sure people have written about it, I just mean academia-wise. So not fans themselves and not newspaper critics, etc. Like proper hardcore pop music or sociology academics. There's nothing about it as yet in pop music academia :no:

ReputationRep:
    Tiz very good fun indeed! The reading for it is less fun though. Obviously no one has academically written about Glee yet, it being so new, which means I have to read all kinds of random things for my literature review
    Well if reading random things includes forums and tumblr then I'm all for it :yep:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Tahooper)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Damian McGinty won’t be returning

Sue has her baby, celebrity father revealed.

Season 4 will begin in September.

Kurt will still be in Ohio.

Kate Hudson is back as Rachel’s teacher.

Finn is Amy-Bound

Santana isn’t in New York…
    I see you took the "No Future Spoilers" in the thread title seriously...

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm sure people have written about it, I just mean academia-wise. So not fans themselves and not newspaper critics, etc. Like proper hardcore pop music or sociology academics. There's nothing about it as yet in pop music academia :no:
    If I'm not wrong, this girl followed a TV and film studies course or something along those lines, so maybe it doesn't count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    I see you took the "No Future Spoilers" in the thread title seriously...
    Lmao I didn't even know what any of it meant I just typed Glee Spoilers into google and copy-pasted a few :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I love Darren Criss!!! I don't get why all my friends hate Glee though. They've never watched it yet they hate it... all they have say is that glee ruins songs but i feel that glee brought a whole new different feeling to some of the songs featured.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If I'm not wrong, this girl followed a TV and film studies course or something along those lines, so maybe it doesn't count
    It would count if she's had it published? That's approaching it from a TV angle though, whereas I'm doing a Music degree :yes:

(Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Well if reading random things includes forums and tumblr then I'm all for it :yep:
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It would count if she's had it published? That's approaching it from a TV angle though, whereas I'm doing a Music degree :yes:

:yep:
    i'm pretty sure there has been academic articles written about fandom. No idea where to find them but I think they're mostly about Harry Potter fans and stuff. Worth reading though if you can find they, they might help
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    i'm pretty sure there has been academic articles written about fandom. No idea where to find them but I think they're mostly about Harry Potter fans and stuff. Worth reading though if you can find they, they might help
    Oh there's def stuff about fandom, just not specifically about Glee, alas :sad:

ReputationRep:
    See my PM. You might just be my new favourite person on TSR :awesome:
    My tumblr is in my sig :teeth: my glee tumblr is just pictures so you won't get much. i reccomend searching glee, all the character names and all the actor names in tumblr, you'll come up with everything people are talking about right now. I could write you a quick summary of the tumblr glee fandom if you want
    I'm not sure if her summary included this (I imagine it did), but on Tumblr (and probably other sites) people "role play" as the actors/characters. Like when I first posted this on my Tumblr, "Chris" and "Ryan" had a random conversation after one shared it :P I can't see them underneath my post now, maybe they deleted their comments or accounts?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    I'm not sure if her summary included this (I imagine it did), but on Tumblr (and probably other sites) people "role play" as the actors/characters. Like when I first posted this on my Tumblr, "Chris" and "Ryan" had a random conversation after one shared it :P I can't see them underneath my post now, maybe they deleted their comments or accounts?
    Thanks, that's really useful to know

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that's really useful to know
    yeah sorry i forgot about the whole role play thing. its a lot like fanfic, but not quite. Theres so many aspects to learn about. I don't Role play which is why i forgot it, some of my friends love it though
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    yeah sorry i forgot about the whole role play thing. its a lot like fanfic, but not quite. Theres so many aspects to learn about. I don't Role play which is why i forgot it, some of my friends love it though
    Ah no need to apologise! I've been sleeping anyway so haven't had a proper read of your wonderful contribution to my diss. My supervisor is gonna LOVE this, I can just tell
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :gah:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Praise be the Murphy, for he has given us glee extras

ReputationRep:
    I kinda get why they didn't include it in the final cut - all Klain fans would have died of happiness straight away

(also I think it should not be in a spoiler box since it's not really a spoiler :P )

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.