Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I caught up on the episodes that I missed yesterday and I'm so glad that I left it a while. I found myself actually enjoying the episodes rather than tolerating them. Loved most of the Christmas episode, especially the Artie bit - it was so nice to see old characters!

And the latest episode I found myself really enjoying until I remembered the guys are supposed to be like 16 - 18 in the show and then I felt like a dirty perv, lol.

ReputationRep:
    So. I'm officially back in love with Glee - even though it's likely to only be temporary.

Spoiler:
    Show
    FINALLY!!!! SANTANA IN NEW YORK MOVING IN WITH KURT AND RACHEL!!!!!!

OMG FINN. WTF ARE YOU DOING?!

Oh, poor, sweet Tina :sad: you're going to get so hurt.

I'm even liking Blaine, omg. So much more likeable now! I can't believe it. I love his friendship with Tina although I wish she wasn't in love with him and just liked him as a friend because it's going to end SO SO BADLY. And I'm worried about how far the writers are going to go with this. I DON'T TRUST THEM. AND OMG TINA'S GETTING SOLOS!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My thought about the last episode can be summed up as:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Santana is the best thing about this show, Naya Rivera needs to be a regular again fast and hopefully she will be now Santana's in New York. Girl on Fire was brilliant.

Finn and Emma was just wrong.

Tina is becoming so irritating - I'd rather she went back to not having any storylines than the stupid crush on Blaine plot!

McKinley is boring, only New York and the returning characters interest me now, though the Kurt/Rachel diva-off was a letdown as they both ruined Bring Him Home.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That blonde girl was worse looking than Artie!

that is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainingshame)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That blonde girl was worse looking than Artie!

that is all.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that girl is a finalist from the glee project 2, they just plugged her in because she had a lot of fans and she has an amazing voice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouble-trouble)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that girl is a finalist from the glee project 2, they just plugged her in because she had a lot of fans and she has an amazing voice.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    they should have at least given her a full verse then! lol

ReputationRep:
    Didn't love this weeks episode really, was nice seeing Ali on there (so much for Ryan murphy's one winner from the glee project though!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph.Jade)
    Didn't love this weeks episode really, was nice seeing Ali on there (so much for Ryan murphy's one winner from the glee project though!)
    She only got a tiny cameo though, it's not really the same as winning a story arc.

I hated the episode - only good thing about it was that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Santana and Quinn's (increasingly drunken) conversations made me laugh, and were for the most part completely accurate!

ReputationRep:
    I actually really liked this valentines episode. Nothing was happening for the past few weeks and they finally got some things that I'm excited to find out more about.
    It'll be a 3 week break from now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mystic123)
    She only got a tiny cameo though, it's not really the same as winning a story arc.
    Was it just a cameo? The way it ended, I assumed that the writers were setting up an arc for her as a recurring character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Was it just a cameo? The way it ended, I assumed that the writers were setting up an arc for her as a recurring character.

I don't know, I've stopped bothering to read spoilers. But it seemed to me that it could go either way - she doesn't need to appear onscreen for that story to continue.

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone else really shocked by this episode? I was in tears all the way through, the acting was amazing!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Soph.Jade)
    Was anyone else really shocked by this episode? I was in tears all the way through, the acting was amazing!
    I've not watched it myself yet, although I have heard it get's pretty emotional.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh so I watched the latest episode.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I knew they were going to have a shooting episode, I'd heard it a while back, but I really couldn't take this episode seriously like it was supposed to be taken. I had a feeling it would be Becky after that scene with Brittany.

The worst thing was though, I was hoping that there was an actual shooter and that they'd take out Mr Schue which I feel bad about even though I hate him.

ReputationRep:
    that was way too soon.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I was crying through most of the episode. It was very emotional and it was beautifully written. It was definitely very brave of them to address this topic, but they did it well and I wish them good credit. I think it had a very powerful impact. I actually didn't know this episode was coming so it touched me even greater than if I had been pre warned.

I read from someone that they had guessed that it was going to be becky - I didn't! I just went with the flow of the episode and was too was caught up in what was happening to even think about the previous becky conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouble-trouble)
    that was way too soon.
    There's never going to be a right time, and while it may have been too soon for some people, the fact (sad though it may be) is that for many others the recent events won't even have registered in their minds while watching that episode, particularly those outside the USA.

I liked it but didn't love it

Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought the first 15 minutes, though obviously intended to provide a contrast and show just how much the shooting changed things, were complete rubbish, pretty much how the McKinley stuff has been all season. Ryder is such a badly written and acted character that I hated all the time wasted on his storyline. Seeing Coach Beiste again was good but I can't stand Will so that ruined those scenes for me.

I thought the choir room scene during the shooting was well done though, and thought Heather Morris in particular did a great job the whole episode, but particularly her scenes when she was alone during the shooting. The show will miss her when she goes on maternity leave (assuming it even gets another year!).

Sue's reasons for taking the fall was obvious when it was revealed to be Becky, but is that really Jane Lynch leaving Glee or her just being written out so she can do Annie on Broadway for a couple of months? Either way, Sue's been a wasted character this year so I wouldn't blame her for wanting to move on.

Not a bad episode overall, one of the better ones this season, though that's not saying much, but One Tree Hill did the school shooting plotline so much better.

Promo for next week looks good though - the New York parts at least!

ReputationRep:
    The main problem I had with the episode was

Spoiler:
    Show
    I felt like the Sandy Hook shooting happened and Ryan Murphy wanted to take advantage of that and slot in a school shooting episode to show that Glee can be serious or something and because the event would still be fresh in everyone's mind. I'm sorry, I can't explain it very well. And you know there's not going to be any mention of it again. Sue will be gone for a bit but nothing else will really change.

And I'm willing to bet that one of characters will soon develop an alcohol or drug addiction in an upcoming storyline now that Cory's checked into rehab. It sounds like the kind of tacky thing Ryan Murphy would do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbys sock)
    The main problem I had with the episode was

Spoiler:
    Show
    I felt like the Sandy Hook shooting happened and Ryan Murphy wanted to take advantage of that and slot in a school shooting episode to show that Glee can be serious or something and because the event would still be fresh in everyone's mind. I'm sorry, I can't explain it very well. And you know there's not going to be any mention of it again. Sue will be gone for a bit but nothing else will really change.

And I'm willing to bet that one of characters will soon develop an alcohol or drug addiction in an upcoming storyline now that Cory's checked into rehab. It sounds like the kind of tacky thing Ryan Murphy would do.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I personally thought it was slightly distasteful to place an episode like that this close to sandy hook. I think it will be mentioned though, I mean no Sue! She was the reason I started watching this show for!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The problem with saying 'it's too soon' is that it's always going to be too soon, until the US wakes up and does something about gun violence. Since Sandy Hook, there have been 9 more school shootings in the United States. When is going to be the right time? If this episode keeps Sandy Hook and the plenty of other shootings in the public conciousness and encourages young people to put pressure on politicians to change things, then that can only be a good thing.

Onto the episode itself, I thought it was one of the best acted and best directed episodes that Glee has ever done. The entirety of those 10 minutes where nobody knew what was going on was terrifying, but even more so were the footsteps outside the toilet door. I don't think I was breathing at all at that point, but my heart was racing. I can't describe the relief I felt when it was Will who was on the other side of that door.

Well done Glee.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.