Turn on thread page Beta

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Hey, does anyone understand why Finn and Rachels song was so offensive in the deuts episode? I didn't get it
    They were deliberately trying to throw the competition so they lost, so that Sam would win and would be more likely to stay in New Directions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terpsikhore)
    They were deliberately trying to throw the competition so they lost, so that Sam would win and would be more likely to stay in New Directions.
    I get that part, but in the episode Finn says "we don't just need a bad song, it needs to be downright offensive", and Mr Shue and everyone are disgusted after they sing it. Something do to with the song and the costumes Finn and Rachel were wearing during that song make it offensive and I didn't understand why

ReputationRep:
    I get that part, but in the episode Finn says "we don't just need a bad song, it needs to be downright offensive", and Mr Shue and everyone are disgusted after they sing it. Something do to with the song and the costumes Finn and Rachel were wearing during that song make it offensive and I didn't understand why
    Ohh, I get you, I thought you meant 'why were they trying to make it offensive' rather than 'what was it that made the song offensive'. My bad!

It was a love song (with overtones of sexytime - "come give me your sweetness, I'm lying safe in your arms...") between a priest and a barely-legal Catholic schoolgirl.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, the song's about being 'born again' through romance and sexytime, which - especially combined with the costumes - brings to mind the resurrection of Christ, and adds a whole 'nother layer of tasteless. Particularly because, as we saw in 'Grilled Cheesus', religion's kind of a big deal for quite a few of the Glee kids.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get this either but apparently it's because they were dressed as a nun/priest (?? been a while since I saw it so this might not be quite right) and the song is quite provocative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -honeybee-)
    I didn't get this either but apparently it's because they were dressed as a nun/priest (?? been a while since I saw it so this might not be quite right) and the song is quite provocative.
    Yeah, that's it! I found it funny! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    ah cool, thanks for the explainations guys

ReputationRep:
    Loved the Rocky Horror show - especially Time Warp, Will & Emma's song and Kurt in a wig.

A clip of Bieste in an upcoming episode looks amazing. I hope she's in more eps.
    PS. Is there a reason Puck is in juvy? Is it purely to give Sam time to settle in with Quinn??

ReputationRep:
    I've already watched the Rocky Horror ep (10 kinds of awesome!) and the one after with my lovely Bieste... :love:
    Now waiting for the superbowl ep? Or is it the one with Gwyneth Paltrow? I can't keep up lol
    I think they should do a Sondheim themed episode, I know most people don't know who he is, but it's only fair considering he's one of the most influential musical theatre composers ever! And they've already had Bernadette Peters on so... it has to be done! And I would die to see Sue Sylvester singing 'Ladies who Lunch' or doing the 'Beans' rap from Into the Woods. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Gwyneth Paltrow's next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I've already watched the Rocky Horror ep (10 kinds of awesome!) and the one after with my lovely Bieste... :love:
    Now waiting for the superbowl ep? Or is it the one with Gwyneth Paltrow? I can't keep up lol
    I think they should do a Sondheim themed episode, I know most people don't know who he is, but it's only fair considering he's one of the most influential musical theatre composers ever! And they've already had Bernadette Peters on so... it has to be done! And I would die to see Sue Sylvester singing 'Ladies who Lunch' or doing the 'Beans' rap from Into the Woods. :sad:
    Wait, when did they have Bernadette Peters on?

The superbowl ep was shown on Sunday in the US.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Even for Glee, I thought it stretched it too far. The cannon was just ridiculous, and I didn't find the football boys' actions at all realistic...

ReputationRep:
    i hate what they did with sweet transvestite. bleurgh.

ReputationRep:
    Am currently watching the superbowl one aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferret123)
    Is there a reason Puck is in juvy? Is it purely to give Sam time to settle in with Quinn??
    No it was because at that time, Mark Salling (Puck) was busy releasing his debut album, Pipe Dreams.

I agree with Bezzler, the Superbowl episode was okay. Can't believe it managed to gain 27million views.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I despise the Thriller/Heads Will Roll mash up, should have just left MJ alone to be honest.
    Cheerios routine wasn't even decent, heavily based on bike stunts and flashy props.

ReputationRep:
    Love need you now! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    Love need you now! :love:
    The more I see Rachel and Puck together the more I like them and the more I get mad at Finn.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the next 4 episodes of Glee (episodes 6-9) online. So good! First time in season 2 that I've actually laughed at the episodes. I love Brittany's one liners...she's so funny! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Newest ep America time spoilers.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Quinn, why?!
    You have a good thing going with Sam! Leave Finn be and stop being a hoebag.
    That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    Wait, when did they have Bernadette Peters on?

The superbowl ep was shown on Sunday in the US.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Even for Glee, I thought it stretched it too far. The cannon was just ridiculous, and I didn't find the football boys' actions at all realistic...
    I thought it was series 1. I vaguely recall Bernie being in an office with Schue but I've googled it and I can't find it. Maybe I made it up! :eek3: :sad:
    Well if it hasn't happened, it needs to happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Newest ep America time spoilers.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Quinn, why?!
    You have a good thing going with Sam! Leave Finn be and stop being a hoebag.
    That is all.
    So agreed!
    also.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    FINN IS SUCH A HYPOCRITE! So not only has he now cheated on Quinn, he's actively encouraging her to cheat on Sam WITH HIM?! Poor Sam; I like him.
    I thought the Silly Love Songs ep was really good as a whole actually, bar Tina breaking down Felt like good old Glee.

ReputationRep:
    My mum got me the Glee Season 1 Volume 2 soundtrack from the library and 'You're having my baby' STILL kills me! :laugh:
    I don't remember Mercedes singing it but 'Don't Make Me Over' is gorgeous!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.