Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

So it's my 18th Birthday mid-April and I'm really stuck for ideas on how to celebrate it. Most of my friends have either done family/close friend parties at home or in some sort of hall. However, I did a similar thing for my 16th so don't really wanna do that again. I was thinking about doing something a bit different, maybe paintballing or go-karting, but I'm just not sure whether my best friends will enjoy this.

Any ideas??

Hat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hat.)
    Most of my friends have either done family/close friend parties at home or in some sort of hall.
    Rich kids :rolleyes:

Pub --> Town, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Hah! Well not exactly - but I suppose in a relative way perhaps.

To be honest, that sort of thing does seem like the best call at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    get hammered

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think people did parties at 18. Thought it was more slightly younger teen thing.

ReputationRep:
    Pub.

Or just ask your friends what they think..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratocaster)
    I didn't think people did parties at 18. Thought it was more slightly younger teen thing.
    There're parties, and there are... PARTIES.

It's not the best spring break ever til someone dies.

ReputationRep:
    LASER QUEST!!!!
    in fancy dress :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I went to London with some close friends to see a show for my 18th, if you're into that kind of thing?

ReputationRep:
    For my 18th I went to watch the Arctic Monkeys then went into town :-)
    I enjoyed it - Is there no gigs or anything you would be interested in?

Usually my friends have just had a party at a club then gone into town...

ReputationRep:
    Dunno what Im going to do for mine. 28th September, and I start uni this year :/

I want a big ****-off house party ><

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, you just want to get trashed legally for the first time in your life, and however you go about it the result will be the same

ReputationRep:
    Laser Quest is actually a pretty cool idea! I'd probs have some more friends round for maybe a BBQ and some beverages afterwards as well.

Seeing a musical would be good, but I have quite a large group of friends so getting us all down to London might be a bit expensive.

Ahh gosh, if AM were playing then I would go see them too, that would be such a perfect birthday - I saw them in December in Notts and it was amazing. I will keep an eye out for any gigs around that time though.

Thanks for all your ideas guys!

ReputationRep:
    Ive been to 6 18th birthday parties so far.

3 were big house parties
    2 were in a club
    1 was a limo then a venue hired out
    1 was in a in a childrens play thing called Indiana Land

I don't know what I'm doing for my 18th, I want a party though

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, make sure people who aren't 18 yet aren't excluded - that's why hall or house parties are a good bet, the halls where I live are about 50 quid a night, might be a good idea.
    You could just go for a nice meal somewhere?
    If you're thinking about going to London, I'd recommend staying in London Central Youth Hostel, it's really good tbh and in a good location, hence the 'central' :p:
    I went to London a few days after my 18th - oct half term and we went shopping and saw Mamma Mia and stayed at the hostel and i had a gathering at home for my actual birthday..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    There're parties, and there are... PARTIES.

It's not the best spring break ever til someone dies.
    Good point. I don't mean parties in the sense of spontaneous, house/outdoor **** crazy parties, I mean the whole organised, rent out a hall with a middle aged balding DJ playing the Macarena .etc. I thought that was what the OP was talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hat.)
    Laser Quest is actually a pretty cool idea! I'd probs have some more friends round for maybe a BBQ and some beverages afterwards as well.

Seeing a musical would be good, but I have quite a large group of friends so getting us all down to London might be a bit expensive.

Ahh gosh, if AM were playing then I would go see them too, that would be such a perfect birthday - I saw them in December in Notts and it was amazing. I will keep an eye out for any gigs around that time though.

Thanks for all your ideas guys!
    hatti i'd be up for lazer quest haha! forgot you came on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jnorton8)
    hatti i'd be up for lazer quest haha! forgot you came on here
    hah, went for a bit of paintballing in the end
    i gave you some pos rep earlier btw! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hat.)
    hah, went for a bit of paintballing in the end
    i gave you some pos rep earlier btw! xx
    how many people you plan on going? x

ReputationRep:
    15 on the list, some will just be invited to mine later. i hope that's okay with people. it's on the 24th April (Saturday) so if you could make sure you're free i'll send out invites soon xx

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.