Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have got my interview at Derby next week for primary ed and am petrified about the science and maths test (not my strong point). Can anyone who has recently been to their interview tell me what they were like and what i need to revise. Nothing i have revised so far has gone in:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Work out the area of the matress I sleep on if I weigh 75kg and am 1 metre 80cm tall. :dontknow:

I'm assuming you mean education anyway, I doubt the Maths & English will be extreme so you should be okay, in terms of the interview, just be yourself; confident, happy and show them why you want the job/place.

Good luck with it.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1974)
    Hi, I have got my interview at Derby next week for primary ed and am petrified about the science and maths test (not my strong point). Can anyone who has recently been to their interview tell me what they were like and what i need to revise. Nothing i have revised so far has gone in:confused:
    Hi,
    I wrote this for someone else because i'd of liked some reasurrance before my interview! This is for derby...

I had mine on the 16th dec and got a conditional so ill run you through the day anyway!

- Arrive 9-9.15 ish - greeted and taken to a classroom where we waited for everyone to arrive.
    -Given a short introduction to the course, followed by a short test (short english, science and maths questions - also where you write about your children's book).
    - Before lunch - a tour of the campus and halls of residence
    - Lunch break
    - Taken to one of the lecture theatres and given a more in depth talk about the course
    - Introduced to the interviewers - all really friendly (tutors, lecturers) who take groups of 7-8 people to a seperate classroom
    - Circle group talk - discussing common questions (what makes a good teacher, your experiences etc) followed by discussing recent educational issues
    - Brief thinking task (not sure if itll be the same task!) but we had to choose a random card with a picture on and we had 30 seconds to think of what we could do with that item in a lesson.
    - 1-1 chat with tutors, feedback about your test results and chance to show any certificates/records of achievments
    - End of day

That pretty much covers it all! Was a really nice atmosphere in my opinion, and the tutors were particularly nice! Good luck with your interview!

Don't worry too much about the tests, just have a practice on BBC Bitesize SATS revision, which will be pretty much what standard the questions will be. I got over average, but I didn't do extremely well. If you do not so good they will give you a handout with websites to practice and revise on... Make sure you have a good go, but it's not the end of the world if you don't do too well!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Which Birmingham Uni? Univeristy of Bham or Bham City?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.