Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so people, ive applied to 4 unis to start in Sept 2010..

1, southampton solent
    2, east london
    3, bedfordshire
    4, central lancashire

but i dont no where i want to go! i dont really have the time or money to be able to go and see them..

does anyone know what these uni's are like? good points and bad points??

ReputationRep:
    of my head I know

Southampton has a really good clubing scene

east london is in london so the clubing is the best !

the other two I am not really sure about

But remember its all about what you want to gain out of uni ?

ReputationRep:
    yeah..all the courses are really similar

but i want to like the uni and the place im gonna be living if im gonna be there for 3 years :/

its a big choice

ReputationRep:
    Out of that list purely on area I'd go for 2,1,4,3. Do you really want to live in Bedfordshire for 3 years?

If you are leaving home for the first time, I'd pick somewhere that isn't really expensive to get back home to but somewhere far enough so that's its 'away from home'.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys... i applied to ucas kinda l8 this year...like 3 days before the deadline. I have applied for computing at;
    Nottingham Trent
    Edinborough Napier
    University Of Sunderland
    Leeds Metropolitan
    Manchester Metropolitan

does anyone have any idea what my chances are.

ReputationRep:
    ull probably get ur offers soon, apparently some of them reply after the jan exam results? but im not too sure

ull just have to wait n see.

ReputationRep:
    I have the minimum requirements for all of them including the 240 Ucas points requirement i was just panicking as to whether i had left it too late

ReputationRep:
    nah I wouldnt of thought so, u got it in before the dealine and u have the requirements so im sure ull be ok

ReputationRep:
    Please help me to decide the college/university. I got offer for admission in BEng (EEE/Comp Engg) from University of Manchester, Cardiff University and Edinburgh University. Apart from these I am expecting offers from Imperial Col of London and York Univ as well.

Please advise me which will be better (cost of education is the most important factor for me). Please rank these universities based on personal experiences & first hand knowledge.

Thanks

Pranshu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean91290)
    hey guys... i applied to ucas kinda l8 this year...like 3 days before the deadline. I have applied for computing at;
    Nottingham Trent
    Edinborough Napier
    University Of Sunderland
    Leeds Metropolitan
    Manchester Metropolitan

does anyone have any idea what my chances are.
    Sunderlands a no no reguardless of what course your doing, I'd go for Naipier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannieT)

1, southampton solent
    2, east london
    3, bedfordshire
    4, central lancashire

but i dont no where i want to go! i dont really have the time or money to be able to go and see them..

What course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *RedRose*)
    What course have you applied for?
    ive applied for the Psychology (Criminal Behaviour) BSc (Hons)

ReputationRep:

1, southampton solent
    2, east london
    3, bedfordshire
    4, central lancashire

I cant say much for the first 3 but i do live near central lancashire, its in Preston, and to be honest, its not the best place in the world...i personally wouldnt go there....I have visited it once, and from what i could gather the accommodation isnt too great, and the town in general isnt...but i guess it depends what factors are important to you?? and the course??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraa91)
    I cant say much for the first 3 but i do live near central lancashire, its in Preston, and to be honest, its not the best place in the world...i personally wouldnt go there....I have visited it once, and from what i could gather the accommodation isnt too great, and the town in general isnt...but i guess it depends what factors are important to you?? and the course??
    yeah ive heard that too, ive got a friend from preston and he also said not to go...

well the courses im not too bothered about because theyre all really similar, its mainly the location and the atmosphere of places really.

ReputationRep:
    If you have any specific questions about UCLan, let me know. I used to go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonMinx)
    Out of that list purely on area I'd go for 2,1,4,3. Do you really want to live in Bedfordshire for 3 years?

If you are leaving home for the first time, I'd pick somewhere that isn't really expensive to get back home to but somewhere far enough so that's its 'away from home'.
    Oi, nothing wrong with Bedfordshire! :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeah ive heard that too, ive got a friend from preston and he also said not to go...

well the courses im not too bothered about because theyre all really similar, its mainly the location and the atmosphere of places really.
    Well if its for the place and atmosphere I wouldn't suggest it, this area in general isn't anything special, hence why I'm moving away for uni....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraa91)
    Well if its for the place and atmosphere I wouldn't suggest it, this area in general isn't anything special, hence why I'm moving away for uni....
    yeah thats a fair point. thanks

ReputationRep:
    ok so central lancashire is probably my last choice...
    anyone got any info about solent, east london and bedfordshire?

ReputationRep:
    no no no go to uclan because i am annnd im doin psychology I think southampton is a really nice area but not as good for psychology. Just do a bit of research and go and visit them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.