Turn on thread page Beta

Where can I buy GOOD strapless bra? watch

What size? I think that's quite important for this application.

ReputationRep:
    La Senza. I got one there for my formal, it has detachable straps so you can wear it strapless, or put the straps all different ways if you have a dress with a cross-back or something. It was about £30, but the one i got was push up as well, normal one might be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    I find they always fall down no matter how tight the band is, I think it's just my shape, I'm a 30 or 32 in bras but I go really skinny at the waist. I have the air bra from La Senza and the Ultimo strapless ones which are both push up ones and okay, but I still find they fall down, unless the top I'm wearing is also tight.

oh definetly m&s haha,got loads in there! mind ponders how they manage to make a bra you can wear in so many different ways :hmm: xxx
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    maybe the backs size of your strapless bra wasn't good enough. I'd say go bra shopping John lewis/M&S are probably good places to start cos they'l be able to offer a range to you.

what size are you btw? cos if you are more busty D+ then seek bravissimo out.

You need to make sure that the back is snug, and lies flat across the body - with a good bra 80-90% of the support should come entirely from the back.

Deffinately get measured/fitted, as they'll be able to judge the fit better - but this is a pretty good rough guide - http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit...t/default.aspx

I believe the key is a good fitting bra, more than anything

ReputationRep:
    If you have big boobs with a small chest measurement then nowhere tbf. They will all fall down, even wonderbras.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely get measured (go to Debenhams/John Lewis/House of Fraser/Bravissimo/Rigby and Peller, not M&S/La Senza). Often for a strapless bra they'll take you down a back size and up a cup size, e.g. if you're a 32DD normally then you might need a 30E for strapless - depends on the style. And yes, the Wonderbra strapless is supposed to be really good - but I would go to a shop and get them to try several on you till you find one you like.

ReputationRep:
    Debenhams have good ones (for big boobs as well).

ReputationRep:
    I recommend La Senza as that's where I get all of my bras from and they are always good quality.

What you need to look for in your strapless bra is rubber grip around the bottom of the cup.

And yes your bra needs to fit well, it doesn't necessarily need to strap you down (unless you've got big breasts) but it can't be loose.

(Original post by S_123)
    Debenhams have good ones (for big boobs as well).
    It's cool that you know this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winnieee)
    Playboy King , you're actually really funny.
    that isn't true

ReputationRep:
    I have an excellent one from LaSenza; it cost me 20 pounds, and really works well - and I have quite big boobs too (34DD). Plus it comes with clear and coloured detachable straps in case you need them.
    here is a link
    http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/strapl...y&img=S1409_85

ReputationRep:
    debenhams all the way! there are so many different styles and makes, get a fitting, take a bunch into the changing room! try it on, jump up and down a few times, if your boobs stay in place.... youve got ur perfect one

ReputationRep:
    You can get good strapless bras from asos.....

ReputationRep:
    If you're less than a D, then you should be fine with a cheap-ish strapless bra, or boob tape. If you're bigger than a D cup, then you're screwed. I'm an F, and I just can't wear strapless bras. If I really have to wear a strapless top/dress, I end up finding myself just tucking the straps into the top/dress. Sounds silly but it works if you tuck them in well enough and your normal bra is supportive enough.

ReputationRep:
    Just give me a call and i'll hold them for you

ReputationRep:
    With that dress, I wouldn't bother with a bra at all (I'm a 32C) If you're similar or bigger than me, you should be ok, really, but like someone said, it's very important the dress fits you well, or it'll really really annoy you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    It's cool that you know this.
    Why would I...not know...? :confused:

(Original post by S_123)
    Why would I...not know...? :confused:
    There's only one reason why you would know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mavoury)
    I have an excellent one from LaSenza; it cost me 20 pounds, and really works well - and I have quite big boobs too (34DD). Plus it comes with clear and coloured detachable straps in case you need them.
    here is a link
    http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/strapl...y&img=S1409_85
    Perfect!!! I'm almost the exact same size as you (32DD), so without straps, it doesn't fall down right? Thanks!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.