Turn on thread page Beta

do you give money to strangers? watch

ReputationRep:
    Giving money to charity is giving money to a 'stranger'. Still one shouldn't give money to 'strangers'

ReputationRep:
    nope i never give money to strangers.

ReputationRep:
    I would never give money to the homeless. I've been known to give the odd 20p to someone who asks politely - it's no big loss to me, even if they don't genuinely need it, but if someone is rude or looks rough, no chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Should a person give money to strangers?

It always seem it's some dozey 18 year old slapper and her friends saying "oi mate, you got £2?" or some scrote chav on the train saying "yo blud, you got any spare change?"

How often do you give money to strangers? If anything, i only ever give to homeless people.
    What does this word "blud" mean?

I sometimes give money to street performers, other than that not.

ReputationRep:
    I always give the pound from my trolly to the big issue man who stands outside Morrisons because he's quite nice.

Other than that, not really. There was an old lady once though who looked panicked at the bus stop once and I asked her what was wrong and it turned out she couldn't find her bus pass so I gave her some money for the bus. How nice am I?

ReputationRep:
    The only people i'd give money to are the homeless kind. The other day a little french guy came up to me and said ''Scuooze me, I az no moneeeey, pleeze could i borrow some?' I gave him a fiver. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Generally no ....and avoid the big issue people
    i did give a man £2 outside a train station once just because i knew i had to wait for my mum 2 finish work and could of been there an hour or more so only gave it 2 him to leave me alone

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.