Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of offer things on the net where you sign up to a few places and you're promised a free iphone or something similar?

Obviously, on first look I've always assumed they're a scam, but are they?
    Has anyone done this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean, as I have ad block so don't see them

However I know there are sites where you get points for the amount of people that you get to sign up (Lockers I think one is called) and you do indeed get the items.

ReputationRep:
    If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

ReputationRep:
    It's usually a triangle scheme, where you have to make so many people sign up and then you'll get your freebie. It isn't as easy as it sounds, as people are aware that they won't just get a freebie, and even if you do manage to get the right number to join, the companies can be sneaky enough to say that you didn't, and you need more...

Depends how much time you've got, and if you think it's worth taking the risk! Most people get nothing.

ReputationRep:
    just don't click on any pop-ups on the internet, they are usually scams, and if not it will be something about advertising their company

ReputationRep:
    I gurantee it works, i made £3000 in amazon vouchers from it through Freepay, who now have sadly gone into administration lol. It was a mobile offer and i had about two referrals coming through a day, which is around £40!

ReputationRep:
    They can work for some people. I know someone who got a free Xbox 360 and loads of games with one of them. But I really wouldn't be surprised if he was the only person to get anything through the scheme.

ReputationRep:
    The key is finding the correct offer to promote to people, and it giving you back a good rate. FreebieJeebies is by far the best network at the moment

ReputationRep:
    my sister gets free stuff from informerz but she has to advertise on facebook and things to get points!! but she has lots of free time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    They can work for some people. I know someone who got a free Xbox 360 and loads of games with one of them. But I really wouldn't be surprised if he was the only person to get anything through the scheme.
    Apparantly there was something that worked and it was on the BBC. But also, I think some people will say it works so that other people will sign up so that they get more "referees"..

There are freebies that ARE real though but they're usualyl like samples.. not very exciting really :p:

ReputationRep:
    I very much doubt it.
    I ignore all the adverts offering me free and reduced items if I answer a simple survey question.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.