Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The AQA syllabus has gone much easier now. Sociology is easy to get an A in just make sure you do essay plans for each topics and study them therefore you can apply anything to any questions, and you would have some sort of memory of the stucture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad3k)
    The AQA syllabus has gone much easier now. Sociology is easy to get an A in just make sure you do essay plans for each topics and study them therefore you can apply anything to any questions, and you would have some sort of memory of the stucture.
    Yerhh its so true!!
    But how would essay plans help me to an extent of gettin an A?
    Essay plans are quite simple if you know your stuff right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gillipies)
    Well the course itself is quite biology based in certain areas which I wasn't expecting and don't particularly like but generally it's quite interesting.

Most lecturers are good but there are a couple who are just too dull for words... I guess you might get that anyway though!

The lecture sizes are quite big so it does feel quite impersonal but I think in final year you get more seminars so that means smaller class sizes.
    Mmm, I'm not shure if that suits me :/
    It sounds ok - do you enjoy it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    nah sociology was the easiest for me/ interesting subject as well but you'll be fine just work hard syllabuses has changed now for aqa so i heard its gone harder
    ask your teacher for marking scheme.

I also applied for staraight psychology at bham but they rejected me because my gcse's wernt too good either and they have very good students.
    Really
    No! AQA seems so lenient with sociology! & The marking scheme is a bit rubbish, and the specification is so simple compared to all my other subjects :|

No way!
    What were your GCSE's, I don't have pretty good GCSE'S either, but Im hoping to smack my A levels!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer my other subject (English language) but i think that's due to a number of factors.

I am interested in psychology so I do like it but as I said I also prefer my other subject. That's what's good about combined honours though, if you have a bad week in one subject you've always got the other to enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer my other subject (English language) but i think that's due to a number of factors.

I am interested in psychology so I do like it but as I said I also prefer my other subject. That's what's good about combined honours though, if you have a bad week in one subject you've always got the other to enjoy!
    Haha I know its so true man!
    The mixed thing with Philosophy English Socio & Psycho sounds so goood!!
    Do you know anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    Just something to look out for all people wanting to do Psychology with another subject and want to be BPS registered after graduating, Aston aren't accredited for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay :))
    Haha I know its so true man!
    The mixed thing with Philosophy English Socio & Psycho sounds so goood!!
    Do you know anything about it?
    At Aston?! As far as I know you can't do that combination. Aston doesn't offer philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    Really
    No! AQA seems so lenient with sociology! & The marking scheme is a bit rubbish, and the specification is so simple compared to all my other subjects :|

No way!
    What were your GCSE's, I don't have pretty good GCSE'S either, but Im hoping to smack my A levels!

thats just what i heard from m8's
    but in the final exam i had crime and deviance- i only knew abit about the 40 mark question and i really thought i was going to fail that but managed to get A aslong as everything is related to theories you'll be fine.

yeah its just a matter of memorising everything its very simple
    I had a verry good sociology teacher last year.. that helped alot.

my gcse's are very crappy mostly 5c's 1 a and b
    bet yours are better than that lol.

ReputationRep:
    At Aston?! As far as I know you can't do that combination. Aston doesn't offer philosophy.
    Oh no wait, that was somewhere else, mmmm I've forgotten now :|
    Arr bradford!

ReputationRep:
    thats just what i heard from m8's
    but in the final exam i had crime and deviance- i only knew abit about the 40 mark question and i really thought i was going to fail that but managed to get A aslong as everything is related to theories you'll be fine.

yeah its just a matter of memorising everything its very simple
    I had a verry good sociology teacher last year.. that helped alot.

my gcse's are very crappy mostly 5c's 1 a and b
    bet yours are better than that lol.
    Thats not THAT bad :|
    And your A levels were good!
    Well I still did bad - 2 A* 1A 3B's 3C's and 2'Ds :|
    Not good Not good.
    We'll see what happens man, A-level is so much better as you actually ENJOY all your subs GCSE is like forced on you!
    Where are you planning to go after your gap?

ReputationRep:
    Thats not THAT bad :|
    And your A levels were good!
    Well I still did bad - 2 A* 1A 3B's 3C's and 2'Ds :|
    Not good Not good.
    We'll see what happens man, A-level is so much better as you actually ENJOY all your subs GCSE is like forced on you!
    Where are you planning to go after your gap?

no those are very good grades proplably not according to tsr standards :rolleyes: but way better than mine!!

yeah i enjoyed a-levels soo much more i hated learning in school.. i done better than what i was predicted

well i've got my place at aston and thats my firm so deffo going there.
    well seeing as your in your first year just work hard and you dont need to worry too much about what to do yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberrybubbles)
    Just something to look out for all people wanting to do Psychology with another subject and want to be BPS registered after graduating, Aston aren't accredited for it!
    HAHA Thanks for that bit of advice

ReputationRep:
    no those are very good grades proplably not according to tsr standards :rolleyes: but way better than mine!!

yeah i enjoyed a-levels soo much more i hated learning in school.. i done better than what i was predicted

well i've got my place at aston and thats my firm so deffo going there.
    well seeing as your in your first year just work hard and you dont need to worry too much about what to do yet
    Haha damn tsr!
    No yours are fine!
    Yerh, its true: sometimes I dont feel pushed because its a state school but I just do my own thing!

Thats really good! Good luck
    what offer did they give you?
    Yerhh, Im just condensing my notes atm, so that by late feb I can just read and practise read and practise

& Btw - What are alll your warnings for!?

ReputationRep:
    Haha damn tsr!
    No yours are fine!
    Yerh, its true: sometimes I dont feel pushed because its a state school but I just do my own thing!

Thats really good! Good luck
    what offer did they give you?
    Yerhh, Im just condensing my notes atm, so that by late feb I can just read and practise read and practise

& Btw - What are alll your warnings for!?
    thanks

yeh its soo worth it when you get results!
    woah your preparing early aint ya that's good though!
    yeah i never used to bother in lessons i used to work hard at home in lessons just take notes and that.

my offer was 3 B's its higher for single honours
    lol most of my warnings are for misuse of anon i dont listen so they just give me higher warning levels

ReputationRep:
    thanks

yeh its soo worth it when you get results!
    woah your preparing early aint ya that's good though!
    yeah i never used to bother in lessons i used to work hard at home in lessons just take notes and that.

my offer was 3 B's its higher for single honours
    lol most of my warnings are for misuse of anon i dont listen so they just give me higher warning levels
    HAHA!
    Really? Im scared Ill look at my results and get like all D's :|
    Yerh, thats still good results!

misuse of 'anon'?
    Are you muslim btw
    Saw one of your societies!

ReputationRep:
    Yerhh its so true!!
    But how would essay plans help me to an extent of gettin an A?
    Essay plans are quite simple if you know your stuff right?

When you make an essay plan, this will help you because, it gives you a memory of the structure. If you learn the essay plan. when a question comes in the exam.. you would simple know how to write out the essay. What you have to do first is make sure your essays are up to A standard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad3k)
    When you make an essay plan, this will help you because, it gives you a memory of the structure. If you learn the essay plan. when a question comes in the exam.. you would simple know how to write out the essay. What you have to do first is make sure your essays are up to A standard
    Yerhh, Ive gotten my marks back and am recieving A's?
    So what should I do - just carry on focusing on my revision and then practise practise: I think that seems the best option

ReputationRep:
    Yerhh, Ive gotten my marks back and am recieving A's?
    So what should I do - just carry on focusing on my revision and then practise practise: I think that seems the best option
    The way it works is every essay you produce should be covered by a specific topic. so basically it sums up the topic in an essay format. now turn the format into an essay plan then yuou can study the plans and know each topic off head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad3k)
    The way it works is every essay you produce should be covered by a specific topic. so basically it sums up the topic in an essay format. now turn the format into an essay plan then yuou can study the plans and know each topic off head.
    Arr thank you very muchh!!
    Now I understand!

I have cards between A3 + 4, and Im condensing my notes
    So that when I come to my exam i can just jot it all down, so I'll aim to have about 10 cards for each major topic

Hope I do well, Im a bit scared :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 25, 2010

University open days

1. Aston University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.