The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's because all the guys that read TSR turn into 'bad boys' to try and get laid.
Reply 2
I'd rather have a gentlemen than a bad boy any day!!
Reply 3
There are no classy girls to be honest.
Rick-Raith
I feel that there has been a major loss amongst all the guys in the world of the qualities of chivalry and being gentlemanly...

And even if there are guys who are chivalrous or gentlemanly it seems more of a detriment than an actual bonus quality.

What is up with this and what is the deal?

It depends on the situation. Sometimes it can seem more patronising than helpful. I wouldn't go so far to say it's a detriment in general though.

I know plenty of guys who open doors for women, offer to carry their bags if they're heavy or give them their jackets/coats if it's cold :smile:

It's just when people try and be helpful like 'oh sweetheart don't try and move that, it's too heavy for you' you just feel like turning round and being like for god's sake, I can manage! :eek3:
Ho's dont deserve no respect yagetme
Reply 6
The chivalrous guys of the past are probably a misconception, most of them would have thought of themselves as better than women and that they were doing things because the poor dears couldn't do it themselves. Today there is more confusion about what's chivalrous but I tend to feel that if it's something that I'd do for anybody then I'll do it but if I only did it for a female it would be patronising and it would seem that way to her as well.
Reply 7
Blame women, not men, for this. I don't really understand feminism. You could have men being nice and gentlemanly to you all the time, you'd not have to work, and still retain a whole ton of advantages, what's the point? Why do you want to be equal when being inferior would be so much better?
Beula24
I'd rather have a gentlemen than a bad boy any day!!

I'm the same, especially when it comes to relationships.
However, with that said, can anyone really truly resist a bad boy?
Not for relationships as such, but god, there's something about them :blush:
Reply 9
......?
The chivalrous guys of the past are probably a misconception, most of them would have thought of themselves as better than women and that they were doing things because the poor dears couldn't do it themselves. Today there is more confusion about what's chivalrous but I tend to feel that if it's something that I'd do for anybody then I'll do it but if I only did it for a female it would be patronising and it would seem that way to her as well.

I agree thats a good post mate.

I do hold open doors and pay for dinner etc to my GFs though as its nice but dont be too pathetic or you become just another useless pussy tbh.
Diaz89

Sadly, this.
Reply 11
Women don't seem to appreciate it nowadays.
Reply 12
'Chivalry is dead, women killed it'. You want all the perks of being a lady without acting like one; buy your own dinner, open your own doors, carry your own bags.
You could be the most polite, honest and sincere gentleman they've ever met but if they aren't attracted to you - what's the chance of them giving a ****?

Oh hang on, never mind. It's zero.
Bagration
Blame women, not men, for this. I don't really understand feminism. You could have men being nice and gentlemanly to you all the time, you'd not have to work, and still retain a whole ton of advantages, what's the point? Why do you want to be equal when being inferior would be so much better?

LOL. Or get a black eye for not having the egg and chips ready on the table when he came home from the office. Sod off.
Reply 15
I am not talking about how women should or shouldn't feel inferior, they aren't... but like if any guy is actually nice to a woman it always seems that the woman will pull away slightly. Like even if a stranger holds the door or opens it for a woman, they tend to not appreciate it as much... even in a world of fewer chivalrous guys.
Rick-Raith
Like even if a stranger holds the door or opens it for a woman, they tend to not appreciate it as much... even in a world of fewer chivalrous guys.

How many times has this happened to you personally? I'm going to guess less than ten.
Reply 17
Yep OP, where are they?

Diaz89

A_master
Women don't seem to appreciate it nowadays.

No! :eek: You two need to meet nicer girls :yep:
There's just no need for it anymore. It's become a cliche to a point. Gone are the days when doors were manually opened ... we get automatic doors now. Alot of girls won't carry more than 2 bags at a time, so there's no need to help them. You can't address girls by the title 'lady' because they aren't lady like in Britain atleast. Girls use umbrella's nowadays and dress adequately enough for men to be offering their jackets.
Reply 19
BunnyS:)

No! :eek: You two need to meet nicer girls :yep:

Oh hai! Where do I find such women? :iiam:

Latest

Trending

Trending