Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Leave after 2 years? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you leave uni after 2 years (doing a BA) do you leave with a HND???

or just nothing?

ReputationRep:
    Unless your course has an exit route which happens to be a HND, I'm sure you get nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Although I don't know your personal circumstances. I'd recommend finishing the 3 years to get your degree, it will be worth a fair chunk more than a HND.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TSK08)
    If you leave uni after 2 years (doing a BA) do you leave with a HND???

or just nothing?
    You won't leave with an HND unless that's the specified exit qualification after 2 yrs on your course at your uni. At some unis, you'll leave with a DipHE after 2 yrs (see http://www.brookes.ac.uk/services/as...s2004/c14.html and http://www.as.bham.ac.uk/legislation...rchive0708.pdf (p23/101) for examples) or nothing at all from others (I can't find anything on DipHEs on the UCL and Oxford websites for example).

If you have personal circumstances which mean you can't complete the third year of your degree, I'd talk to your university and see if allow you to leave with a DipHE or place your studies on hold for a year.

ReputationRep:
    im intending to complete the third year but its just that i want to doa different degree after this so was thinking rather than doing 3 years do 2 and if poss get a HND

but yes 3 years is farrr better than the 2!!

i love the course but its not what i want to do long term (office work or whatever)!

i want to go do physiotherapy

ReputationRep:
    yep i totally agree

but just had to ask anyhow!

i know business management will be a good degree to have and i do actually really love my degree but im not looking forward to working within an office of whatever or where i do now but ina better position.... but physio is something i always wanted to do - but to get there i need to do an A level (open uni) during my summer hols this year as next year i do work x and i wont have time ! + then i will have to apply.... tough times lol - be worth it though

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but your not making sense at all, you love your degree but you want to completely waste two years of your student loan by dropping out to get into physiotherapy a bit earlier, I think you need to come back to earth.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh i do love it but its not really what i want to do long term....

yeah it dosent make sense but its a long story lol...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.