Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    sorry to be annoying I know there has been a few threads like this but everyone seems to be getting mixed answers

So, I'm 16 but not of compulsory school leaving age and I just applied for a vacancy at my local waitrose for one saturday and one evening a week. When I applied it asked if I was of compulsory school leaving age and I said no but it still let me carry on and fill out the application form so I assumed that meant they were fine with that and I got an email saying my application had been received and was going to be considered further. But now I have heard that it is their policy that you must be of school leaving age? What are my chances of them taking my application any further? Surely it would have told me when I first said that I wasn't of school leaving age rather than let me carry on and fill out all of their questions, etc? :confused: :confused:

thanks

ReputationRep:
    i'd say 10.23% exactly

16 is school leaving age...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    i'd say 10.23% exactly
    you're off your trolley...11.57% :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You are of school leaving age as you are 16. When they ask you that question, the answer you should have given them was "yes" :yep:. So as long as your application is successful, your age will not be a hindrance.

ReputationRep:
    All the branches of Waitrose near me don't take anyone on until after they've finished year 11 even if they are 16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazx123)
    All the branches of Waitrose near me don't take anyone on until after they've finished year 11 even if they are 16
    You "have" to be of School Leaving Age (finished your exams) before, unless you can get in "via" the back door, by having a family member already working in the branch.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend worked in waitrose when he was in year 11, stacking shelves twice a week in the evenings... but that was a while ago i dont knwo if theyve changed their policies hes 22 now so he was 16, long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    Age doesn't matter I think. You should've say yes

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.