Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you personally do it? I don't want to stay up until 6am, then intend to wake up at like 10 and not be able to get up.

ReputationRep:
    You have to have a routine to fix your sleeping pattern. During the summer I sleep at around 4 every night but on the first day of school i get exhausted and sleep at 11 and there you go, it fixes itself basically..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    You have to have a routine to fix your sleeping pattern. During the summer I sleep at around 4 every night but on the first day of school i get exhausted and sleep at 11 and there you go, it fixes itself basically..
    Don't you think theres a quick fix? Or that it has to be a regulated pattern for a day or two?

ReputationRep:
    It would have to be a regulated change over time. Best thing you can do is set a bed time and a wake up time for yourself and stick to them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    It would have to be a regulated change over time. Best thing you can do is set a bed time and a wake up time for yourself and stick to them!
    M'kay, thanks. Such hassle just for the sake of sleeping at the correct times! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juststressed)
    Don't you think theres a quick fix? Or that it has to be a regulated pattern for a day or two?
    No, i used to try all nighters because i thought it would make me sleep early the next day, but it didn't work. I ended up sleeping during the day because i just couldn't stay awake, then i slept at 4 again so back to square one basically :tongue:

Like i said, you need a routine, maybe try going to the gym or something that way you'll get tired and sleep earlier..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juststressed)
    How do you personally do it? I don't want to stay up until 6am, then intend to wake up at like 10 and not be able to get up.
    Go bed about midnight and set your alarm to wake up early. Don't drink coffee or anything that will stimulate your mind and keep you awake. If you can't sleep and think you are going to be awake until 6 am, just stay awake as long as possible (paradoxical intention.) You will tire eventually. To snap out of the routine though, you need to set your alarm and wake up at a more regular time. You will feel tired but eventually you will get back on track. You can always go to sleep for an hour or two in the afternoon if you're really tired, but make sure that you use an alarm so you don't oversleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwwhty)
    Go bed about midnight and set your alarm to wake up early. Don't drink coffee or anything that will stimulate your mind and keep you awake. If you can't sleep and think you are going to be awake until 6 am, just stay awake as long as possible (paradoxical intention.) You will tire eventually. To snap out of the routine though, you need to set your alarm and wake up at a more regular time. You will feel tired but eventually you will get back on track. You can always go to sleep for an hour or two in the afternoon if you're really tired, but make sure that you use an alarm so you don't oversleep.
    I do this and i don't sleep all night. my method is the only thing that has worked without completely ruining a whole day

ReputationRep:
    Whenever this happens to me I pull an all nighter and stay up for as long as I can and keep doing that until I'm back to a regular sleeping patttern, takes me about a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    No, i used to try all nighters because i thought it would make me sleep early the next day, but it didn't work. I ended up sleeping during the day because i just couldn't stay awake, then i slept at 4 again so back to square one basically :tongue:

Like i said, you need a routine, maybe try going to the gym or something that way you'll get tired and sleep earlier..
    This is basically my current method. It rarely ever works.

(Original post by iwwhty)
    I'll try this out. Hopefully it'll produce good results.

(Original post by kamc)
    Whenever this happens to me I pull an all nighter and stay up for as long as I can and keep doing that until I'm back to a regular sleeping patttern, takes me about a week.
    Haha, the reson I made this thread was because I don't want it to take a week.

ReputationRep:
    Then you won't have to smoke much it works for me anyway when i have to get up in the morning but woke up at like 3 4 o clock like today

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.