Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be 16 in March and I'm one of the smallest in my year group at school. When am I gonna grow?

ReputationRep:
    How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you assume you're going to eventually be tall?

Somebody has to be the shortest out of any group, surely...

ReputationRep:
    you currently are.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry. Being small is good. I'm 17 and pretty much the smallest in my year. There might be one or two smaller than me but still. There are lots of good points of being small!

ReputationRep:
    Only you know when you're going to grow

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about being short! i was one of the smallest in my year and haven't grown since i was about 14! i'm nearly 18 & only 5 foot tall. you may have had your 'growth spurt' when you were younger, which is why you probably aren't really growing now, this is what happened with me. If you go to the doctor it is possible for you to be given 'growth hormones', i wasn't able to get them, but it is worth a try
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Average height of men in the UK is 5'8 or 5'9 I think.
    Not that it should really matter. I'm 5'7" and most people I know are taller than me, but height really doesn't matter that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    I'm gonna be 16 in March and I'm one of the smallest in my year group at school. When am I gonna grow?
    Soon. When you hit puberty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Not that it should really matter. I'm 5'7" and most people I know are taller than me, but height really doesn't matter that much.
    Yeah but he's only 15, he's got up to 5 more years of potential growth.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it youhave plenty of growth time left. You could be like me 19 and only 5ft.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reassurance guys. I didn't realise you could grow to that age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    average height of men in the UK is 5'10.. but his generations average height will be more than that

ReputationRep:
    I didnt start puberty til i was 17 ....looked about 10 years old when i was 18! School sucked because of it but i'm 23 now and 5'10 in height so you'll still probably grow.

ReputationRep:
    Should be obvious to tell if you'll grow some more.

Have your balls dropped?
    Can you produce sperm?
    When you get turned on, does a clear-ish liquid run from your penis? (sorry for being so explicit)
    Do you have hair "down there", under your armpits, on your legs, on your face, on your chest?
    Is your voice deep?
    Do you have quite big, manly looking muscles?
    Do you have broad shoulders?
    Do you have a defined jawline?

The more answers that are "yes", the more likely you are to have finished puberty and hence won't grow any taller. It's not as clear-cut as that, but that's a rough guide.

EDIT: And if you want to really try and grow taller, then get regular exercise (running, cycling, football etc.), eat healthily (including lots of protein, carbs and drink plenty of milk), perform stretching exercises (particularly before going to bed, so I'm told) and be as happy/stress free as possible. In the end though, it's mostly down to genetics.

ReputationRep:
    When you grow a jungle. :afro:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.