Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, TSR .

Okay, I'm doing Higher Physics and we have a prelim on the 10th of Feb - and I'm worrying like heck. Were only being tested on Unit One and Unit 2 up to Inverting Op-Amps..but I cannot do it. I really think I'm going to fail and I'm really, really worrying about it - would anyone be willing to become an online tutor kinda thing for me? It would just be for going through things (i.e explaining things in a way my blonde head can understand, and past paper questions)? Positive rep would be your payment, every day
    or something.

Thank you so much!
    Meg <3

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I can't do higher physics either!

But if you have any tricky concepts, I wouldn't mind trying to help?

ReputationRep:
    post your questions away. i'd be willing to help and i'm sure plenty of other people would too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Ah, I can't do higher physics either!

But if you have any tricky concepts, I wouldn't mind trying to help?
    At least we have something in common:rolleyes: - you doing Higher this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dado Prso)
    post your questions away. i'd be willing to help and i'm sure plenty of other people would too.
    Thank you! I sometimes just dont want to post publicly becuase I feel stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    Thank you! I sometimes just dont want to post publicly becuase I feel stupid.
    Oh no, don't feel stupid, it's what this place is here for!

For some reason, our unit 2 is everyone else's unit 3 so my prelim's gonna be on Unit 1 (Kinematics and all that) and from waves and light up to emission spectra in unit 3. So I won't be able to help you with unit 2 but if you have any unit 1 questions I can try and help you with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C274)
    Oh no, don't feel stupid, it's what this place is here for!

For some reason, our unit 2 is everyone else's unit 3 so my prelim's gonna be on Unit 1 (Kinematics and all that) and from waves and light up to emission spectra in unit 3. So I won't be able to help you with unit 2 but if you have any unit 1 questions I can try and help you with them.
    Thats quite strange. Its fine, though! Once I have mastered the Electronics, you can teach me Unit 3 XD
    Thank you. I will PM yooou if I need any help <3

ReputationRep:
    At least we have something in common:rolleyes: - you doing Higher this year?
    Yep :yep:

Finding it tricky this year, which is a shame cause I really liked it last year.

Unit 2 is just like "what". I think if I actually just sit down and revise I should be ok....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Yep :yep:

Finding it tricky this year, which is a shame cause I really liked it last year.

Unit 2 is just like "what". I think if I actually just sit down and revise I should be ok....
    :yep:
    Yeah, SG was a breeze compared to this. I can grasp most of Unit 1 well, its just Unit 2. I'm sitting there like 0_o:confused: - pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    Thats quite strange. Its fine, though! Once I have mastered the Electronics, you can teach me Unit 3 XD
    Thank you. I will PM yooou if I need any help <3
    Cool, just installing Acrobat so I can open the paper and answers. Don't feel ashamed about posting problems on the public forums though, it's helpful to others who might have the same problem and they can learn from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C274)
    Cool, just installing Acrobat so I can open the paper and answers. Don't feel ashamed about posting problems on the public forums though, it's helpful to others who might have the same problem and they can learn from it.
    -nods-
    I know. And thank you <3

ReputationRep:
    The Higher Physics course is really poor. There's nothing particularly interesting in it, other than parts of Unit 3. I actually think Advanced Higher is far easier (although that's perhaps because I find it more interesting).

Post away with any questions that are causing problems.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it difficult too. ):

We can all post our problems here though and get help together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einstein's apprentice)
    The Higher Physics course is really poor. There's nothing particularly interesting in it, other than parts of Unit 3. I actually think Advanced Higher is far easier (although that's perhaps because I find it more interesting).

Post away with any questions that are causing problems.
    Yeah, I found SG quite interesting - but Higher is boring, thats probably why I dont understand it, because I'm not enjoying it.

Thank you, I will!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulope)
    I'm finding it difficult too. ):

We can all post our problems here though and get help together!
    Okay, sounds good! <3

ReputationRep:
    I've got four prelims before physics so I'm not doing too much just yet.

I agree with higher being much more boring than SG though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulope)
    I've got four prelims before physics so I'm not doing too much just yet.

I agree with higher being much more boring than SG though.
    Aw, well, our Maths ones later than everything else - but I have English & Human Bio on the same day, the 4th of Feb. Then Physics on the 10th, I think. Art on the 11th.

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 is okay but unit 2....???? I don't even understand Wheatstone bridges.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I found SG quite interesting - but Higher is boring, thats probably why I dont understand it, because I'm not enjoying it.

Thank you, I will!:yep:
    Yeah, if you don't enjoy it then it certainly makes life a bit more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eyes)
    I agree, Unit three is the one I find the most interesting; I think the SQA could try to revise the course.
    They are planning on revising it. They want to bring in an Astronomy Unit and some Relativity apparantly.

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.