Turn on thread page Beta

Chumbaniya's New Year's Resolution Tasty Washboard Abs and Toning Blog watch

(Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Also I got a bunch of guys gawping at me when I was deadlifting today, which was a little depressing given it was a pretty modest lift. It wasn't as if Andy Bolton had just walked into the gym and started repping 350kg.

Guy the other day watching me DL, hit 150x2 and couldn't get another. This guy plays for the local rugby team, I wouldn't say he's huge but he still makes me look like a toothpick, gotta be a good 15 stone at quite a short, stocky height, quite low bf% too. And he's on the juice. Comes up to me after I've finished my set; "**** mate, my max is 145 for 2!".

Good lord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adidas90)
    Guy the other day watching me DL, hit 150x2 and couldn't get another. This guy plays for the local rugby team, I wouldn't say he's huge but he still makes me look like a toothpick, gotta be a good 15 stone at quite a short, stocky height, quite low bf% too. And he's on the juice. Comes up to me after I've finished my set; "**** mate, my max is 145 for 2!".

Good lord.
    Juicing with a 145 deadlift? **** me there are some idiots out there.

Surprisingly so aswell. I thought I'd at least give him some credit and thought ok maybe he can pick up more than that but with a rounded back, ie just with bad form but sheer strength, because he is quite a big looking guy. But somehow, no, saw him next day trying his hand at 160, couldn't even get it off the floor. Absolutely tragic.

And now on topic; 52.5 not too bad press, I'm around the same and would fancy racing someone to 60x5 strict but my shoulders ****** atm :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adidas90)
    Surprisingly so aswell. I thought I'd at least give him some credit and thought ok maybe he can pick up more than that but with a rounded back, ie just with bad form but sheer strength, because he is quite a big looking guy. But somehow, no, saw him next day trying his hand at 160, couldn't even get it off the floor. Absolutely tragic.

And now on topic; 52.5 not too bad press, I'm around the same and would fancy racing someone to 60x5 strict but my shoulders ****** atm :|
    Maybe he can bench a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 808)
    Maybe he can. It wouldn't affect the fact that as a 15 stone rugby player on steroids not getting 160kg off the floor is just ridiculous. It's not that low deadlift I object to, it's the fact he's on steroids when he hasn't even bothered to build any natural strength which would be easy for someone his size and useful for his sport.

(Original post by 808)
    I've never seen him bench before but on the whole all his lifts are **** for his size. I row the 40 DBs with him for similar reps lol.

Now let's not clog up this blog anymore with this little anecdote.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention I did some quick measurements last night out of interest (and since this morning I went shopping for shirts). They were:

Chest: 39''
    Waist: 31''
    Thigh: 22'' (each)
    Upper arm: 13'' LOL (maybe right a little over, left a little under)

Of course since I think I look fine as I am my actual measurements aren't something I want to work on but I thought I'd see how big (or small, as the case may be) I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I forgot to mention I did some quick measurements last night out of interest (and since this morning I went shopping for shirts). They were:

Chest: 39''
    Waist: 31''
    Thigh: 22'' (each)
    Upper arm: 13'' LOL (maybe right a little over, left a little under)

Of course since I think I look fine as I am my actual measurements aren't something I want to work on but I thought I'd see how big (or small, as the case may be) I am.
    Nice are you pumped for these is it post workout etc.? What is the general form for doing these measurements properly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 808)
    Nice are you pumped for these is it post workout etc.? What is the general form for doing these measurements properly?
    It was about 3 hours after the workout I think. I don't really know if there's anything technical about the measurements because it's not something I use to track progress - I just measured around the widest part (except the wait, which I measured at the usual place) for each.

ReputationRep:
    Decent day today.

Squat
    40 x8
    70 x5
    100 x3
    107.5 x5
    107.5 x5
    102.5 x5
    (didn't think I'd finish the last set at 107.5)

Bench
    40 x5
    60 x5
    70 x3
    77.5 x5
    77.5 x4
    70 x5

Lat Pull-down

30 x10
    50 x8
    50 x8
    50 x8

Rope push-down tricep things with the cable machine
    (????)
    36 x10
    36 x10
    36 x10

Split Squats
    (number is per dumbbell, holding both)
    0 x8
    15 x8
    15 x8
    15 x8

Overall a good session, much better than Wednesday when I should have been doing this. Despite the fact that I didn't want to go for the last set of squats at 107.5 I felt good about them and it just shows how much your energy level makes a difference when they felt easier today than 100 on Wednesday.

Bench was pretty good. I was painfully close to finishing the last rep on the second set but it's nice to get closer to where I was before. I need to make sure I do some stuff to keep my lockout strong.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on Chumb, I'm sorry to invade your thread but I thought someone slating Adonis that hard would at least have something decent as his stats. Sorry to be a complete **** and I won't post again so forgive me but...

A 39" chest and a 13" biceps, really? Really?!

I mean I know you "don't train for size" but considering Adonis has a 44" chest and 16-17" bi's who doesn't train for strength, he must be doing something right if he can be much, much bigger than you.

As for your lifts mate... 77.5kg on bench for 2 sets, that's hardly on par considering Adonis can do 90kg for 4 on incline (and that was in April, I'm sure he's mentioned doing much more recently).

And he does about 12 sets on bench... hardly the same level is it now?

I just found it funny how you forget about volume when it comes to comparing lifts lol. And how you can claim to be similar to his level on something he doesn't actively seek but nowhere near in terms of size; I'd love to see anyone here who *****es about him with similar body stats tbh.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    A 39" chest and a 13" biceps, really? Really?!

I mean I know you "don't train for size" but considering Adonis has a 44" chest and 16-17" bi's who doesn't train for strength, he must be doing something right if he can be much, much bigger than you.
    Oh come on, don't be ****ing daft and think that chest and upper arm measurements define overall body size. Adonis' mass was concentrated solely on his chest and arms; this was evident in the pictures he uploaded and how he trained.

As for your lifts mate... 77.5kg on bench for 2 sets, that's hardly on par considering Adonis can do 90kg for 4 on incline (and that was in April, I'm sure he's mentioned doing much more recently).
    If you look back at Chumb's log you'll see he's done more before than what he has done recently, as in the last week.

And he does about 12 sets on bench... hardly the same level is it now?
    Yes Adonis has done lots of things, including lots of volume, yet still never grown.

I just found it funny how you forget about volume when it comes to comparing lifts lol. And how you can claim to be similar to his level on something he doesn't actively seek but nowhere near in terms of size; I'd love to see anyone here who *****es about him with similar body stats tbh.
    When has Chumb claimed to be on Adonis' level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)

When has Chumb claimed to be on Adonis' level?
    Although Chum didnt actually say that, this argument is based on a thread in chat 'who is adonis' [i looked up DJKG's post history lol]

ReputationRep:
    All the girls Adonis is with on his facebook page are ugly haha, he's far too arrogant for who he pulls. If he's going to show off about how he's good with the girls, at least pull some beauties.

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't adonis been training for like a decade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    Hasn't adonis been training for like a decade?
    No. Let me explain.

As I've said before, what does his past have to do with what he is currently doing? If you want to make comments, at least make them current and relevant. That goes for TSR fitness as a whole, not you btw.

I was just highlighting Chumb's and others' measurements as being painfully lagging behind Adonis', so when it comes to something Adonis is better at, i.e. having bigger body parts, all I read is "oh it's coz he's trained for X years" and if it's something he isn't as good as you think he should be, then it's "oh why isn't he bigger?". When he openly admits to taking time off and dieting down a lot of the time, why doesn't everyone else in fitness get that? I've read the logs, and tonnes of people regress and take time to get back; he isn't any different so why the 'special' negativity? Why is there one set of standards for everybody else, which appear to be logical and well measured, and a whole other yardstick for Adonis which is devoid of reason? :confused:

I've been lurking for a while, and I've yet to see any legitimate and logical 'argument' concerning his apparent 'lack of progress', as opposed to the usual rants of acrimonious and supercilious I-look-down-my-nose-at-you bull****.

I mean I've seen him add literally inches to his frame over the past two years yet it's just overlooked for whatever reason, but if anyone else adds 5kg it's like HIGH FIVES. :woo:

I was just illustrating the double standards in fitness as evidenced well right here. I comment on Chumb's small dimensions but I instantly get attacked because "he isn't training to get bigger"... but he's actually bulked for a while continuously so you'd think someone giving so much stick to another member would have some good progress of his own to show... but alas no. Yet Adonis receives incredibly backward treatment, leave alone approaching the dimension of (shock, horror) fairness.

Why don't you just say "we hate him, that's why we say stupid things we don't say to other people who are doing the same as him" rather than your tedious tangents.

I know I'm gunna be hated in fitness but I don't really care lol. :rolleyes:

It just irks me...

Take care and best of luck to you all and may all your progresses be to your satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    I just wrote a long ol' post in the chat thread but I got half way through, got tired, thought "**** it" and deleted it because it amounts to this: he's a prick.

ReputationRep:
    Adonis is bigger in person than you guys realise. But that may only be a relatively recent thing.

But none of that matters, because he's annoyed so many of the people here that it won't change anything. It doesn't matter how much progress he makes, things will remain the same because things have already been set in stone. No point crying over or making long-ass posts. Mine's gone too long already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Why don't you just say "we hate him, that's why we say stupid things we don't say to other people who are doing the same as him" rather than your tedious tangents.
    I didn't realise anyone had said anything BUT this. He's a **** so everyone takes the piss out of him.

Oh and my measurements are bigger than his, without spending my whole life juicing, so hopefully I'm qualified to say that?

ReputationRep:
    Some of you seem so obsessed with Adonis. Is it because you want to have anal with him or something? Just let him be and allow Chumb to post in an Adonis free thread. Bummers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.