Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chumbaniya's New Year's Resolution Tasty Washboard Abs and Toning Blog Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wish I was a boyyyy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkinnyFat)
    Wish I was a boyyyy.
    Why? So you could be gay for me? I don't get it. Why would anyone want to be of the gender I don't want to have sex with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Why? So you could be gay for me? I don't get it. Why would anyone want to be of the gender I don't want to have sex with?
    So I could eat **** loads of food.

ReputationRep:
    Running today - somewhere between 3km and 3.5km (I walked for a bit over a lap to chat to my girlfriend on the phone). Felt pretty good, and I was able to run a pretty fast kilometre at the end which wasn't really that taxing.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably the most athletic mathmo I've ever heard of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epud)
    Not even close. Cambridge is full of people who are ridiculously good at sports.

ReputationRep:
    Hay guise.

Over the last week or so I have been doing lots of running and swimming but none of you care about that because you are all shallow and only love me for my guns. I am unreasonably proud of myself today after learning to do breast-stroke without drowning (somehow I never learnt to swim properly when I was young because I'm mentally backward or something).

So yeah, over the weekend I competed in the modern pentathlon varsity match as a reserve. I came last and our team lost. Now I have a lovely litte trophy thing that says "reserves match runners up" on it, reminding me that I am probably in the world's top 10 all-time worst sportspeople.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epud)
    Funny you should say that:

(Original post by The Tab, 23rd March 2010)
    End of term revelry resulted in high spirits for Catz Cardinals on the Thursday, an event which always attracts rowing just as interesting as the fancy dress. This year, however, some Mathmos decided they’d ruin everyone’s fun (sound familiar?) and put in a ridiculously strong boat, featuring such names as Coker, Strawson and some rather good girls too. Danny ‘Man-Mountain’ White, Part III Mathmo, was less than modest about the win:
    “Today, we have shown that students of Mathematics are not only intellectually, but also physically, superior to all others."
    What a nerd.
    :woo:

Nice blog btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    Funny you should say that:
    My ex-girlfriend is a mathmo. First term she was in the top 3 at Queen's Ergs. Second and third term she rowed Pembroke firsts. Second year she made the blue boat. Third year she trialled for GB.

Mathmos are great at sports. I'm poor compared to loads of them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I honestly don't know why people stereotype mathematics students as being poor at sports. In my experience, the maths (and physics and engineering) types are the best at sports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I honestly don't know why people stereotype mathematics students as being poor at sports. In my experience, the maths (and physics and engineering) types are the best at sports.
    If you go to any serious sports club at the university, everyone is a scientist. In my experience with the college boat club, the university powerlifting club and the university modern pentathlon club (and meeting people from other clubs on swaps) only around 10-15% of serious sportspeople are arts students despite them making up about half of the university's population. The fact is that students of scientific subjects have the discipline and drive for sporting acheivement where the arts generally don't seem to.

Another interesting case I came across at the weekend: an old pentathlon club member who was a mathmo but is now a professional acrobat after ditching maths for his love of gymnastics and dance. Pretty stereotype breaking.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    From what I've seen, arts and humanities students tend to rarely be up before the afternoon, and prefer to spend their evenings and nights doing other things rather than training.

ReputationRep:
    its true, the more hardcore the science the more serious lifters there are in general.... like from compsci, physics mainly..... I rarely see a biologist with a half decent squat.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Burningnun (bio-chemistry)?

Even in this section, I think most of us regs are science/technology guys.

Me - engineering.
    Chumb - maths
    Nun - bio-chemistry
    SMed - medicine
    redbuthotter - physics
    Powerlifter - pilot or something
    Miso - medicine
    rummang - something with technology
    Stamper - petroleum geology
    ch0c - vet

That's all I can think of off of my head

ReputationRep:
    What about PN and Flux?

Smack, you got redhotbutter's name wrong.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SMed)
    What about PN and Flux?

PN is law I think, so not exactly an arts/humanities student... and I don't know about Flux. I said most anyway.

And not, I never got his name wrong.

Copied and pasted it to get this:

redbuthotter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Nope, you did :p:

No idea what those two do.

ReputationRep:
    Typical SMed thinking about food

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, I don't know what you clowns are on about, this has already been decreed: His name IS redhotbutter. I don't care what's written; ask him.

ReputationRep:
    I might delete my account after thursday and come back as redhotbutter once oly training starts

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.