Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aura1947)
    I got an A in AS Level Physics.

What about you guys? Satisfied with your results?
    Damn you got my A... aside from physics... I'm OK with others... it's only AS level afterall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthew)
    Damn you got my A... aside from physics... I'm OK with others... it's only AS level afterall
    lol I had to get an A. Got a C last time round. Haha.

What did you get in rest of the subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fyodor Bingoffsky)
    https://myresults.cie.org.uk/
    Good luck!
    too bad, i dont have the username. i didnt know results were to be released so i didnt ask for it.
    how about you? happy with the results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obviouslystudying)
    too bad, i dont have the username. i didnt know results were to be released so i didnt ask for it.
    You can also check from your relevant British Council website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obviouslystudying)
    My exam centre (school) provided me with the username and password to log in with. Have you checked since then? I got A's in bio, chem, math, english lit and thinking skills (AS). am really shocked about thinking skills, expected to get a D. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    which countries are you from? among the science A-Levels, which was the hardest this year?

ReputationRep:
    I am from Pakistan.

I only appeared for Physics though. And I found the MCQ paper very tough. The examiners decided to go for a totally different approach this time round and included topics that were hardly touched in the last 10 years. I ended up totally panicking towards the end, in fact guessing the answers to quite a few! And this is coming from some one who was scoring 39/40 in the past papers!

The theory paper was a tad tricky and out of pattern as well, but manageable. Practical was a breeze.

Can't say anything for Chemistry or Biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aura1947)
    I am from Pakistan.

I only appeared for Physics though. And I found the MCQ paper very tough. The examiners decided to go for a totally different approach this time round and included topics that were hardly touched in the last 10 years. I ended up totally panicking towards the end, in fact guessing the answers to quite a few! And this is coming from some one who was scoring 49/50 in the past papers!

The theory paper was a tad tricky and out of pattern as well, but manageable. Practical was a breeze.

Can't say anything for Chemistry or Biology.
    :ditto: Yeah omg, the paper1 was such a *****, the 'practising through past year' technique doesn't apply on that paper... I'm resitting though, do you think the next paper would be the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthew)
    :ditto: Yeah omg, the paper1 was such a *****, the 'practising through past year' technique doesn't apply on that paper... I'm resitting though, do you think the next paper would be the same?
    I think so, yes.

Make sure you cram in as much as you can on 'Internal Energy' and all that stuff! First time I have seen so many questions spring up on that topic!

ReputationRep:
    i heard that last year's chemistry was the worst ... a lot of ppl in my school got Bs, Cs and Ds. Those who usually get B's got A's - some of them. I have a theory. In harder years, the A mark is lower. So B students can become A students. On the other hand the B, C and D marks are kept fairly high so many C students become D students because the exam was just too darned hard.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry paper 1 was horrible. That increased the number of A's. Biology was not too bad except for paper 1. But many A scorers in bio became B scorers because traditionally ppl score well in that subject hence raising the grade A threshold. In my school everyone had A's in english literature AS, usually considered a tough subject to score in.

ReputationRep:
    LOL I conclude all sciences paper 1 are bunch of *****esss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fyodor Bingoffsky)
    My exam centre (school) provided me with the username and password to log in with. Have you checked since then? I got A's in bio, chem, math, english lit and thinking skills (AS). am really shocked about thinking skills, expected to get a D. Good luck!
    My school might have provided the username and password, but i didnt know to check. Its been sometime since i attended school since im very busy preparing for edexcel exams (privately).
    btw, nice results!

ReputationRep:
    I got 91 in General Paper....Is it 91 out of 100 or 91% of highest marks.....I am hoping to be at least the highest scorer in my country but this is really confusing....somebody please help me.:confused:....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kushal09)
    I got 91 in General Paper....Is it 91 out of 100 or 91% of highest marks.....I am hoping to be at least the highest scorer in my country but this is really confusing....somebody please help me.:confused:....
    1ST, I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT SHOULD BE 91 OUT OF 100...and 'wow!'
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    2ndly, i need your help....can you offer me that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sure. Just e-mail me any questions you have to {mod: email removed}

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.