Turn on thread page Beta

Fancy dress with a circus theme watch

ReputationRep:
    There's a dress up day for charitiy in school. I don't want to be a clown, but what else is there to do? My sister said be a ballerina and wear a tou tou, but I don't know what I'd wear it with.

Suggestions please!

ReputationRep:
    Mimer!

ReputationRep:
    we did this theme when i was in school. i went as a rabbit in a hat lol. i wore whtie on top, then bunny ears and drew on whiskers and a nose, then made a hat round ym waist and top of my legs from a big cardboard box. covered it with bin bags, wore a skirt underneath it, then black tights and shoes.

you could go as a lion maybe? wear all brown, crimp or curl you hair? or a ringleader? waistcoat, shirt, shorts?

Ruth xx

ReputationRep:
    My friend had a circus theme birthday and I went as a trapeze artist. Bright coloured tights, with sliver tap shoes then a dress with had multi-coloured stripes on all pinned up to ruffles around my waist just covering my bum, the top of the dress was white so I pinned a few bright scarves to it. Then scarf in hair, hair pinned back lots of colourful make-up.

ReputationRep:
    how about a lion would be pretty easy?

ReputationRep:
    My housemate did this for Netball social once when we were at uni. She went as Ring master with boots, top hat, whip etc. Some of the others went as circus animals eg. tigers.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely NOT a clown. Clowns suck.

ReputationRep:
    We were going to have this at school...I was going to go as a lion or the ring leader

Go as an elephant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Definitely NOT a clown. Clowns suck.
    Not to mention EVERYONE will be a clown :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Not to mention EVERYONE will be a clown :p:
    Everyone who dresses up as a clown should be shot on sight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Everyone who dresses up as a clown should be shot on sight.
    Your scared of them, arn't you

ReputationRep:
    Go as a person selling popcorn (for rediculous prices) in one of those trays strapped around your neck...
    Or.. the Big Top tent itself... that could be awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Your scared of them, arn't you
    I just hate them.

ReputationRep:
    Ringmaster - easy.

ReputationRep:
    leotard? and be an acrobat..
    or beared lady? orr magician, or magicians assistant?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks some cool ideas! I like the popcorn selling one But I think a mime artist would be the best, thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mmm Danone)
    But I think a mime artist would be the best, thanks!!
    I said that! I feel special now :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Just wear clothes massively too big for you and say you're a circus midget.

ReputationRep:
    I said that! I feel special now :bigsmile:
    Wahoo go you! :yep: I'll need to but a stripy top n gloves though which is quite upsetting but ooh well

ReputationRep:
    If it were me, I would most definately go dressed as a ringmaster, taking inspiraton from Brendon Urie in the 'I write sins' music video.

Top hat, long tail coat, bow tie.
    Easy and so hot. If you want to make it more feminine, you could wear a black pleated skirt and fish net tights.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.