Turn on thread page Beta

Am I the only person that HATES france??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel like the only person in the world that doesn't like it. People generally seem to love it, apart from the old british "oh i hate the french" banter.

I have been about 6 times, my parents bum the place hence spending so many holidays there as a child :sigh: I hate the food, the language irritates me, I miss our culture, I find it boring...any one else?

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    I've only been once and I loved it. I loved the architecture, the people were really friendly, everything was so clean, the food was amazing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    I've only been once and I loved it. I loved the architecture, the people were really friendly, everything was so clean, the food was amazing....
    i agree
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    ilived there for 5 years france and the french are awesome

ReputationRep:
    Clean? France?

They still have toilets that are just holes in the ground you know...

ReputationRep:
    What is "our culture"?

ReputationRep:
    For vacation it's not bad, at the bottom of my list for holiday destinations though.
    As for living there as a resident, it's consistantly ranked to be one of the best places to live in the world...I fail to see why. If I had to pick between living in Paris or London it would be London by miles.

ReputationRep:
    I go 3/4 times a year, and I absolutely love it! I far prefer it over there.

Different strokes for different folks, I 'spose. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    agree too

and I'm going on a French Exchange in a week and cannot wait!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    I feel like the only person in the world that doesn't like it. People generally seem to love it, apart from the old british "oh i hate the french" banter.

I have been about 6 times, my parents bum the place hence spending so many holidays there as a child :sigh: I hate the food, the language irritates me, I miss our culture, I find it boring...any one else?
    I love pretty much all of it, there are some beautiful places there, they have a really laid back sort of "let it be" attitude and I love the food and wine. It depends where you go as well I guess, I really liked the south by the med, some places in central France bore the ***** out of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)
    Clean? France?

They still have toilets that are just holes in the ground you know...
    I din't see any, it was pristine, and this is coming from someone who is living in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    For vacation it's not bad, at the bottom of my list for holiday destinations though.
    As for living there as a resident, it's consistantly ranked to be one of the best places to live in the world...I fail to see why. If I had to pick between living in Paris or London it would be London by miles.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    I never understand why so many people hate france? i think its wonderful, in general. its got its bad aspects, but on a whole its great! the culture, the language, the art, the food, the general atmosphere.....if i had to pick anywhere other than the UK to live france would probably be my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    No, I do believe Hugh Laurie hates it too

I like it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Its a mix of the weather, life expentancy, healthcare system and working conditions. Basically they all go on strike all year round so they don't need to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    agree too

and I'm going on a French Exchange in a week and cannot wait!:woo:
    Have fun, I loved all my student exchanges

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I hate; but it is pretty crap.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    I din't see any, it was pristine, and this is coming from someone who is living in Germany.
    There are good things about France, but I wouldn't say cleanliness was one of them, maybe you were somewhere particularly nice though. I'd say it's not as clean as England and certainly not as clean as Germany.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.