Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only person that HATES france??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)
    There are good things about France, but I wouldn't say cleanliness was one of them, maybe you were somewhere particularly nice though. I'd say it's not as clean as England and certainly not as clean as Germany.
    England is not clean :erm:. Not by a long shot

ReputationRep:
    France is great:eek:

ReputationRep:
    France is amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Why?
    Because London's more about business, money and mordern urban living where as Paris is more about the culture, arts and fashion. So I prefer London's scene more to Paris', not to say it doesn't have the business side of things but not as much as London.
    The best thing about London for me is the fact that it's the world's leading financial capital, all that monies flowing through :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I'm half-French, so I love it.
    But I honestly don't see how anyone could hate it: the language is beautiful (how can it irritate you?!), the people are lovely, nice weather, wonderful culture, stunning landscapes, :coma: food.

ReputationRep:
    I love France! I feel like the time I've spent there has been the making of me.

I do however, despise Spain.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    For vacation it's not bad, at the bottom of my list for holiday destinations though.
    As for living there as a resident, it's consistantly ranked to be one of the best places to live in the world...I fail to see why. If I had to pick between living in Paris or London it would be London by miles.
    No. Couldn't disagree more. Paris is so much better than London. It's nicer, cleaner, there's far more culture, more to do, it's just amazing in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    England is not clean :erm:. Not by a long shot
    Neither is France. Seriously.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    It depends where you go as well I guess, I really liked the south by the med, some places in central France bore the ***** out of me.
    :ditto:

I absolutely love places like Paris, La Rochelle, Nantes, Niort, but swathes of France I wouldn't set foot in because they're so backward, stuck in their ways, and they literally have nothing to do.

ReputationRep:
    I actually love the language so much. I really really like it, though I still prefer English. As for the place, it's so much cleaner than Britain. I might move there when I'm 60.

ReputationRep:
    I hated Paris. Didn't help I got spat on by someone on the Eiffel Tower platform.

Loved Tours though.

The further south you go - the nicer it gets.

Sunflower fields :love:

ReputationRep:
    For vacation it's not bad, at the bottom of my list for holiday destinations though.
    As for living there as a resident, it's consistantly ranked to be one of the best places to live in the world...I fail to see why. If I had to pick between living in Paris or London it would be London by miles.
    This :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    No. Couldn't disagree more. Paris is so much better than London. It's nicer, cleaner, there's far more culture, more to do, it's just amazing in comparison.
    I didn't say London is better than Paris...because unlike you I don't stupidly make statements as if they're fact. I said I prefer London to Paris, so this is a subjective perspective not an objective one.

Like I said, I aknowledge that it's ranked to be one of the best places in the world to live in but I personally fail to see why. If you judge a place by it's 'niceness', cleanliness and the culture then that's your prerogative. You should appreciate not everybody looks for those things when evaluating a country.

ReputationRep:
    Because London's more about business, money and mordern urban living where as Paris is more about the culture, arts and fashion. So I prefer London's scene more to Paris', not to say it doesn't have the business side of things but not as much as London.
    The best thing about London for me is the fact that it's the world's leading financial capital, all that monies flowing through :sogood:
    Fair enough, I just prefer the Parisian atmosphere.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Neither is France. Seriously.
    It depends greatly on where you compare. Sure, a lot of places in France still have public toilets which are just holes in the ground, but this isn't necessarily unclean, just backward. In the UK, however, while pretty much everywhere has proper toilets, often you'll find these are vandalised or smeared in faecal matter and people urinate everywhere for a laugh (whereas this sort of behaviour just doesn't happen in France).

I wouldn't say France is any less clean than Britain. I'd say they're on a par, to be honest. You'll get unclean places here, you'll get unclean places there, it's pick-and-mix really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Have fun, I loved all my student exchanges
    I'm sure I will only I'm going on German exchange with only a week at home in between though so will probably get my languages mixed up...lol

ReputationRep:
    Clean? France?

They still have toilets that are just holes in the ground you know...
    So does the UK...and most other European countries come to think of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    The further south you go - the nicer it gets.
    This. Paris isn't bad, but is overrated. I wouldn't be able to live there where as I probably would somewhere near the southern coast.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I didn't say London is better than Paris...because unlike you I don't stupidly make statements as if they're fact. I said I prefer London to Paris, so this is a subjective perspective not an objective one.

Like I said, I aknowledge that it's ranked to be one of the best places in the world to live in but I personally fail to see why. If you judge a place by it's 'niceness', cleanliness and the culture then that's your prerogative. You should appreciate not everybody looks for those things when evaluating a country.
    :laugh: - Seriously, chill. I was just stating my opinion. I'm more than aware people will disagree and I'd dare say most in the UK would argue London is better. I never even said you're wrong. I just said I disagree. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I hated Paris.

Sunflower fields :love:
    How could you hate Paris!?

I spent 3 months living and working in Lyon this summer and I had the time of my life. After studying French for years and being infatuated with Paris, I can't wait to move out there!

The weather, people, economy, relaxed way of life, language, the kissing greetings, everything...:kissing2:

J'adore la France!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.