Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only person that HATES france??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I grew up hating France, then I took gcse French and I hated it even more and then I had the time to visit Paris and some of the south and I hated it even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    So does the UK...and most other European countries come to think of it...
    You very rarely encounter those kind of toilets in the UK, I wouldn't know where to begin looking for them. In France they are everywhere, driving along we couldn't find any proper toilets for literally miles through central France. I've also been to a lot of other European countries and didn't really come across any in any of them either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)
    Clean? France?

They still have toilets that are just holes in the ground you know...
    Ah the old toll road service station drop holes... can't say I miss holidaying in France :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    I love pretty much all of it, there are some beautiful places there, they have a really laid back sort of "let it be" attitude and I love the food and wine. It depends where you go as well I guess, I really liked the south by the med, some places in central France bore the ***** out of me.
    Ta mère est une putain.
    Lets see how your French is as you seem to love it so much.
    I should add I do not intend this as an insult but instead a test of your French with the limited amount I speak.
    So word for word instead of "my" (ma) it'll be "your"(ta).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I hated Paris. Didn't help I got spat on by someone on the Eiffel Tower platform.

Loved Tours though.

The further south you go - the nicer it gets.

Sunflower fields :love:
    :rofl:

The Eiffel Tower is full of chavs :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    The language is the most annoying I rreally dont like the attitude and the big ego of the most french i've met both in london and paris. Perhaps that's the attitude i have come across due to my very oriental looks. They are not half as friendly as most London citizens, and did seem very racist.
    Learning their language mostly for the CV though.. don't think i'd go there for a holiday in the next couple of years for sure.
    The only thing that impressed about france is Versailles :love: now that is some beautiful architecture and art!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by time.to.dance)
    Perhaps that's the attitude i have come across due to my very oriental looks. They are not half as friendly as most London citizens, and did seem very racist.
    I found them okay with me.

ReputationRep:
    Nope prefer it to Britain. Except the odd little town that makes you think "tumble weed".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    I feel like the only person in the world that doesn't like it. People generally seem to love it, apart from the old british "oh i hate the french" banter.

I have been about 6 times, my parents bum the place hence spending so many holidays there as a child :sigh: I hate the food, the language irritates me, I miss our culture, I find it boring...any one else?
    have you ever been skiing??
    coz the skiing resorts in France are the best in the world, and i woudl say you ar crazy to diss them!!
    so yeah I love going to france to skiiii and snowboard!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    have you ever been skiing??
    coz the skiing resorts in France are the best in the world, and i woudl say you ar crazy to diss them!!
    so yeah I love going to france to skiiii and snowboard!!
    :nah:

Canadian Skiing > French Skiing.

Mount Whistler is unbeatable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    :nah:

Canadian Skiing > French Skiing.

Mount Whistler is unbeatable.
    But the 3 valleys :eek:
    I will admit I have not been to Canada myself yet, but I will, but I asked my dads mate who has been heli skiing and loads of crap where is the best place to ski,a nd he said corcheval with out a doubt!!

But on the subject of the thread....you cant say that the skiing resort in france ar to hate can you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    honestly, i too hate the french- its not a racial its just a thing of french food is c*%@, i was forced to learn it in school and do it as a GCSE, and also that everything french is camp, very camp, compared to NE of england. also, men are meant to drink beer, not alcoholic grape juice.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't so bad.

ReputationRep:
    I actively hate the French.

ReputationRep:
    How can you hate France? It is superior to this country in countless ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    I actively hate the French.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    I completly agree with the OP. French culture is far too arty farty for me. **** your continental greetings, i'll have a handshake please :yes: The language causes ear-ache for me also.

Baguettes arn't too bad I suppose, prefer a sandwich though.

ReputationRep:
    Paris was nice. Shame the reception the people give you is about as welcoming as drowning in a swamp.

ReputationRep:
    Paris is a beautiful city....especially if you love to walk around.

ReputationRep:
    The French, they are ok.
    French guys can be annoying but the girls they're pretty :P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.