Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only person that HATES france??? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)
    Clean? France?

They still have toilets that are just holes in the ground you know...
    WTF, you English insulting someone else for being dirty??
    Look at yourself, ffs, with the carpet everywhere.

In Italy (and some other country) we all have the bidet to wash our ******** after we use it.

See who brought the civilisation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by time.to.dance)
    Well good for you i just found my every visit not very pleasant. Especially restaurants :facepalm2: the waiters did not deserve those tips from me.
    Where are you from btw?
    Bradford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Ta mère est une putain.
    Lets see how your French is as you seem to love it so much.
    I should add I do not intend this as an insult but instead a test of your French with the limited amount I speak.
    So word for word instead of "my" (ma) it'll be "your"(ta).
    Porquoi est-ce tu dis que ma mère est une putain? Tu ne me connais pas.
    I used to speak French nearly fluently, but its been so long I've forgotten so much of it, what were you even asking though, I didn't understand what test you were giving me.

ReputationRep:
    never been there, never want to go there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    Which makes "them" bad, because?
    glad you agree, I was beginning to think we had a forum full of frogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Porquoi est-ce tu dis que ma mère est une putain? Tu ne me connais pas.
    I used to speak French nearly fluently, but its been so long I've forgotten so much of it, what were you even asking though, I didn't understand what test you were giving me.
    I was trying to say "your mother is a lady of the night" as such:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    It depends greatly on where you compare. Sure, a lot of places in France still have public toilets which are just holes in the ground, but this isn't necessarily unclean, just backward. In the UK, however, while pretty much everywhere has proper toilets, often you'll find these are vandalised or smeared in faecal matter and people urinate everywhere for a laugh (whereas this sort of behaviour just doesn't happen in France).

I wouldn't say France is any less clean than Britain. I'd say they're on a par, to be honest. You'll get unclean places here, you'll get unclean places there, it's pick-and-mix really.
    The one hole in the ground style toilet I've seen in France was in that state. Needless to say, I decided I didn't need the toilet that badly... Guess I was just unlucky.

Still, I'd like to go to France again, partly just because I love the language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9a3iqa)
    never been there, never want to go there
    How come?

ReputationRep:
    I was trying to say "your mother is a lady of the night" as such:p:
    Lol its more vulgar than that it means whore. I was just wondering what you were asking me, were you asking me if I knew what it meant?

(Original post by Frieza)
    WTF, you English insulting someone else for being dirty??
    Look at yourself, ffs, with the carpet everywhere.

In Italy (and some other country) we all have the bidet to wash our ******** after we use it.

See who brought the civilisation?
    England was one of the last countries in Europe to experience the Rennaisance. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Lol its more vulgar than that it means whore. I was just wondering what you were asking me, were you asking me if I knew what it meant?
    oh I know it was more vulgar than that but I was trying to be subtle. I wanted to see if you knew any of the language.

It's a commonly used insult in France.
    One that I'd attributed to most users on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    glad you agree, I was beginning to think we had a forum full of frogs.
    :facepalm:

No, not 'Frogs', just people who can respect and admire other people's cultures.

It wasn't a rhetorical question or an agreement, an actual question as to why you don't like French people or France?

ReputationRep:
    oh I know it was more vulgar than that but I was trying to be subtle. I wanted to see if you knew any of the language.

It's a commonly used insult in France.
    One that I'd attributed to most users on TSR.
    They also use it in a really strange way like "oh putain!" To exclaim the fact that they are really annoyed, in the same way we'd say words beginning with s and f that TSR won't let me say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    How come?
    Well put it this way, if I were to go somewhere for a holiday I would go somewhere more interesting and exotic, such as Egypt or India e.t.c

France is just the same as Britain but with people speaking a different language.

(Original post by time.to.dance)
    This:

OT: time.to.dance has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

OP: Naw, I like france, I know french so they're nice to me you see:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9a3iqa)
    Well put it this way, if I were to go somewhere for a holiday I would go somewhere more interesting and exotic, such as Egypt or India e.t.c

France is just the same as Britain but with people speaking a different language.
    To your first point, France isn't necessarily exotic, I understand that, but your second point...It isn't the same at all...

ReputationRep:
    i agree, i can't stand france! my dad loves france but i don't like anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if, somewhere in France, there is a Frenchie on Le Salle De Student posting on a thread called 'Quest-ce je suis le seul personne qui DETESTE l'bretagne' pondering if, somewhere in Britain, there is a Brit on The Student Room posting on a thread called 'Am I the only person that HATES france?' pondering his existence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DerBoy)
    'Quest-ce je suis le seul personne qui DETESTE l'bretagne'
    That means Brittany so your comparison kind of fails...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    Erm, Ok, one example:

Another:

....:
    Photoshop can do wonderful things

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.