Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only person that HATES france??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmjessop)
    That means Brittany so your comparison kind of fails...
    :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I despise the place. I hate the language, attitude and general culture. My dad's a pilot so I've been lucky enough to tag along to lots of places, and I can honestly say I felt the furthest away from home in France.

ReputationRep:
    All right then,
    I wonder if, somewhere in France, there is a Frenchie on Le Salle De Student posting on a thread called 'Quest-ce je suis le seul personne qui DETESTE la grande-bretagne?' pondering if, somewhere in Britain, there is a Brit on The Student Room posting on a thread called 'Am I the only person that HATES france?' pondering his existence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)
    Clean? France?

They still have toilets that are just holes in the ground you know...
    ... Well if you want to pick on the country's worst thing, then England, America, Canada, Japan are just as worse.

(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Photoshop can do wonderful things
    :rolleyes: No, it's just funny that people think France is the only country with any sort of historical heritage worthy of seeing. They're just really good at whoring themselves out to tourists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DerBoy)
    All right then,
    I wonder if, somewhere in France, there is a Frenchie on Le Salle De Student posting on a thread called 'Quest-ce je suis le seul personne qui DETESTE la grande-bretagne?' pondering if, somewhere in Britain, there is a Brit on The Student Room posting on a thread called 'Am I the only person that HATES france?' pondering his existence.
    Better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    :rolleyes: No, it's just funny that people think France is the only country with any sort of historical heritage worthy of seeing. They're just really good at whoring themselves out to tourists.
    True True

ReputationRep:
    Hate it cos it's racist

ReputationRep:
    I love france!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    They also use it in a really strange way like "oh putain!" To exclaim the fact that they are really annoyed, in the same way we'd say words beginning with s and f that TSR won't let me say.
    When I had French friends they came up with this great phrase that I adopted as well:
    putain de mèrde (I think it's spelt correctly).
    I've said it a fair few timesin the UK:P:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dior-perfume)
    Hate it cos it's racist
    What?!

I suppose the BNP isn't? ...

Jean-Marie le Pen wasn't elected so politically, France is not racist!

What experience have you had of France being a racist nation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    What?!

I suppose the BNP isn't? ...

Jean-Marie le Pen wasn't elected so politically, France is not racist!

What experience have you had of France being a racist nation?

loads of incidents regarding france. but i'm really worried one day it'll just become inherent in their society to be racist? well not actually 'be racist' but have racist views. I don't know

Viva la France!

ReputationRep:
    I heart France. Some parts are a bit boring tho, but that applies everywhere really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    When I had French friends they came up with this great phrase that I adopted as well:
    putain de mèrde (I think it's spelt correctly).
    I've said it a fair few timesin the UK:P:
    Yeah whenever I wanted to say ******* hell in France I used to always try and replace it with that, get me to think in French almost lol. Where were these people from just out of interest, as in whereabouts in the country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Yeah whenever I wanted to say ******* hell in France I used to always try and replace it with that, get me to think in French almost lol. Where were these people from just out of interest, as in whereabouts in the country?
    Near Lyon and Near Paris.

ReputationRep:
    France is awesome. Most Brits don't know the first thing about it - I've seen them in Paris, speaking english to everyone and expecting them to talk english back. It's so rude. Then they see Eurodisney and the Eiffel Tower then they think they have seen it all.

Paris pwns London, for a start. Cheaper to live, eat, work, more stuff to do, more pretty buildings, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dior-perfume)
    loads of incidents regarding france. but i'm really worried one day it'll just become inherent in their society to be racist? well not actually 'be racist' but have racist views. I don't know
    You can't make a lackluster claim like that?! What experience or evidence do you have regarding the French being racist? What have you witnessed that would suggest they are going to become "inherent" in their racist ways?

Racism is worldwide, a global issue, racism happens everywhere and every nation has news stories or examples attached to support that every country can express racism. It's unfair to say that France, singled-out, will become a totally racist nation! It depends on the individual person or group as to whether or not they are racist, not the entire country!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    You can't make a lackluster claim like that?! What experience or evidence do you have regarding the French being racist? What have you witnessed that would suggest they are going to become "inherent" in their racist ways?

Racism is worldwide, a global issue, racism happens everywhere and every nation has news stories or examples attached to support that every country can express racism. It's unfair to say that France, singled-out, will become a totally racist nation! It depends on the individual person or group as to whether or not they are racist, not the entire country!

you are right, i apologise, i guess it isjust the media stories warping my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    OT: time.to.dance has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
    :teehee: i'll delete some now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.