Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from Dublin or familiar with this city? Just wondering what folks would recommended in terms of pubs/cafes/things to do on a 4 day trip. I've already got a guidebook but I'm sure there's more to the city that Temple Bar!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I wanna go to Dublin!

ReputationRep:
    There is more to do in Dublin than just going to Temple Bar :p: . I went a few years ago and never went in a pub :eek: ......well apart from the one in the Guinness ( sorry about the spelling) museum.I went on a boat ride on the Liffey in a Vikings hat..incidentally the said boat also went on dry land. Theres also the shopping and you can visit the Jameson whisky museum, St Stephens church too where my ( alledged ancestor) King Brian of Ireland is buried.Dublin also has a castle too.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm sure there is more to do than Temple Bar, just the guidebook never quite seemed to get passed it!

ReputationRep:
    I went to Dublin for a day with a friend, was a really nice city!!
    We mostly stayed in the center, but there was lots to do! We went shopping, and also went on a tour round the city, and went to the Wax Museum, which was really good!
    I recommend visiting the city to anyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    There is more to do in Dublin than just going to Temple Bar :p: . I went a few years ago and never went in a pub :eek: ......well apart from the one in the Guinness ( sorry about the spelling) museum.I went on a boat ride on the Liffey in a Vikings hat..incidentally the said boat also went on dry land. Theres also the shopping and you can visit the Jameson whisky museum, St Stephens church too where my ( alledged ancestor) King Brian of Ireland is buried.Dublin also has a castle too.
    The Viking Splash Tour!! :suith: I went on that when I lived in Dublin, it's so good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissesTwishes)
    The Viking Splash Tour!! :suith: I went on that when I lived in Dublin, it's so good!
    Our guide was a right laugh , its one of my favourite memories of the whole trip.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    get yourself to the bus or train station and get a ticket and go to cork city!!! or if you stay in dublin,and are going on a night out, go to see the farmers in copper face jacks :yep: the museum in kildare st is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Our guide was a right laugh , its one of my favourite memories of the whole trip.:woo:
    I know, it's great craic :lep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.