Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering what the History department was like for 1st year students? Like how many lectures there were on a day basis, what the course entails and what sort of topics there are for the first years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesr56)
    Hi, I was just wondering what the History department was like for 1st year students? Like how many lectures there were on a day basis, what the course entails and what sort of topics there are for the first years?
    The amount of lectures per day varies depending on the modules you take. Lectures total 6 hours per week, each lecture lasts one hour so you will have six lectures per week.
    In the first year they teach Making History, An Introduction to Medieval Europe, Europe of Extremes 1789-1989 and World History 1500-1800.
    In your second year the amount of modules available cover a vast amount of events and periods, from ancient to modern there is something for everyone.
    If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask

ReputationRep:
    http://www.swan.ac.uk/artsandhumanit...aduateDegrees/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Take a look at the History department's website. If you scroll down the bottom of the page and click 'Year 1 Modules' you will be able to see the selection available as well as detailed information on each one.

ReputationRep:
    My friend LOVES the dept, she said its really hard but really enjoyable. Swansea has millions of modules to choose from unlike most places.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.